Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? mp3's won't import

the topic is closed
22/04/2011 17:25:35

newyearsproject
newyearsproject
So, I am loving Muvizu - just got wind of it and already have a video that I'm working on, but I am having a problem. Whenever I try to import and mp3, I get the message:

"There was an error when importing the audio file.

The file is in an unknown format."

Now, these are just mp3s, and I've tried many different files from many different sources. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
22/04/2011 18:09:17

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hello,

Most MP3's should import just fine. The only issue I am aware is that some files that had been encoded with LAME using "joint stereo" (or something like that) would fail. If you want, you could send one of the mp3's to bugs@muvizu.com and we'll have a look to see if we can figure out what's up.

As a work around in the meantime - because we're up to our eyes in it - you could use an audio program (audacity, goldwave or something similar) to convert them to "WAV" files, and they should import OK.
22/04/2011 18:10:39

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Hi newyearsproject
First of all, let me say welcome to Muvizu!

This has been known to happen with some MP3s and .wav files - but it has been a bit unpredictable.
The best thing would be if you could send the audio file to bugs@muvizu.com along with a brief message (a copy of your forum post would be great).

What I would suggest is downloading Audacity and use it to open then save your .mp3 file as a .wav file - most of the people in the office use Audacity so hopefully it should work.

You can get it from:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Claire
22/04/2011 18:12:49

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Haha Robert got a reply in before I could even finish typing it up! lol
He must have rapid typing hands!

Good Luck newyearsproject anyway!
edited by claireq on 22/04/2011
22/04/2011 18:19:32

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Hi

I've had the same message in the past. To fix it I've just convert the file I'm working with to 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit.
If you look at your file, it will probably be 24bit or 32bit. For the file to work with the engine it needs to be 16bit.

Hope you fix it m8
22/04/2011 21:46:25

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
jonbez wrote:
Hi

I've had the same message in the past. To fix it I've just convert the file I'm working with to 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit.
If you look at your file, it will probably be 24bit or 32bit. For the file to work with the engine it needs to be 16bit.

Hope you fix it m8

I've had the same issue and I used this to fix it as well. Worked like a charm.
25/04/2011 01:58:10

newyearsproject
newyearsproject
I edited them in audacity and it helped fix the problem, but it'd be nice to have a fix for this in the future. But considering that the program helps save so much time and produces great videos, I don't mind.

Thanks so much for Muvizu!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? mp3's won't import