Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Character fall sideways

the topic is closed
28/04/2011 08:27:24

Quoling
Quoling
In respect of Mr.John Sullivan (writer and creator of Only Fools and Horses) - who died at the weekend I have had an idea of recreating that famous "fall through bar" scene using Muvizu - the only bits I am not sure of - is how to have "Del" fall sideways and also how to have the bar "flap" open upwards..I am sure someone will know and will probably do a better job than me anyway (my Muvizu is acting weird).....
Any thoughts?

I was also thinking about
28/04/2011 10:06:48

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Hi Quoling,

Sounds like a nice idea! As for the character falling - it might be worth waiting for the next release, as we have a new 'wobbly' mood which would be perfect for this! It might be a bit of a wait mind you...

For the bar "flap" opening upwards, you could adjust the scaling of a ground plane, or another suitable prop, then adjust the pivot point, and animate the rotation. Glasgowjim made a nice wee tutorial on this, I've embedded it below.

I'd also suggest - if possible - that you record your own voices, and do maybe a bit of a parody of the Only Fools and Horses video. That way you might circumvent some of the copyright restrictions...

Hope that helps.

Emily.

28/04/2011 10:34:33

Quoling
Quoling
Emily wrote:
Hi Quoling,

Sounds like a nice idea! As for the character falling - it might be worth waiting for the next release, as we have a new 'wobbly' mood which would be perfect for this! It might be a bit of a wait mind you...

I've waited this long - a bit longer won't hurt.... Cool

Emily wrote:
For the bar "flap" opening upwards, you could adjust the scaling of a ground plane, or another suitable prop, then adjust the pivot point, and animate the rotation. Glasgowjim made a nice wee tutorial on this, I've embedded it below.

I knew I had seen it somewhere before - thanks

Emily wrote:

I'd also suggest - if possible - that you record your own voices, and do maybe a bit of a parody of the Only Fools and Horses video. That way you might circumvent some of the copyright restrictions...

I was only going to use one sentence from it "nice and cool" - no good at voices and I doubt the BBC would care...but I will bear it in mind if/when I get round to it
Pete
28/04/2011 10:42:22

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
I look forward to seeing the results!

Did you give up on the Queen vid? I was looking forward to seeing a bit of Freddy
28/04/2011 11:00:24

Quoling
Quoling
Emily wrote:
I look forward to seeing the results!

I may have a go over the weekend..
Emily wrote:

Did you give up on the Queen vid? I was looking forward to seeing a bit of Freddy

Nope not given up quite yet - but that is going to be a BIG production (involving video and all sorts) and therefore I think I need to wait for the next release! - as there will be LOADS involved and Muvizu is struggling with just loading the stage (apparently a bug has been fixed though)...So I really want that one to be special!
28/04/2011 11:04:09

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
im adding a Del boy type fall animation as i type .........cant garuntee it will all go through in time for the next release mind u.....
28/04/2011 11:08:53

Quoling
Quoling
freakmoomin wrote:
im adding a Del boy type fall animation as i type .........cant garuntee it will all go through in time for the next release mind u.....

OMG
Kneel!
28/04/2011 12:53:42

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Emily wrote:
we have a new 'wobbly' mood

WOOHOO! Sounds great!
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Character fall sideways