Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Holding Poses mid animation

the topic is closed
10/05/2011 08:42:25

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello there
On my old (XP) machine I used to be able to get a character to hold their pose by hitting the spacebar (and stopping recording) when they were in the pose i wanted and then recording again until I wanted a different pose.
I know other people have achieved this by selecting an "idle" pose rather than stopping the recording and then moving the "clips" on the timeline.
However on my new (W7) machine (and I don't know whether this is relevant) I cannot get either solution to work anymore. In both situations the character fails to hold their pose.
Am I doing something wrong or has any else experienced this with W7?
Thank you.
Toonarama
10/05/2011 12:41:11

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
The "idle trick" works more for controlling the length of time of a movement so you can cut it short if you want. I've never found anything that allows a character to hold the pose, although it would be nice.
10/05/2011 12:52:10

Danimal
Just for fun I just tried the stop recording trick and it didn't work for me. The character froze when I stopped recording but resumed the movement when I started again.
10/05/2011 13:07:30

toonarama
Thanks Danimal
I'll have to try again on my XP machine - I'm sure i wasn't imagining it!
10/05/2011 13:12:58

Danimal
I'm sure you weren't must have been something different in the machine. I was actually hoping it would work on mine as it would be a valuable feature!
10/05/2011 13:21:42

toonarama
Danimal wrote:
I'm sure you weren't

I wouldn't be too sure (!) - I'll experiment tonight and report back tomorrow
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Holding Poses mid animation