Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? The newest Muvizu release...

pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed
25/05/2011 15:50:09

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
The 'wobblies' and the dark lights are just what I needed to complete the Nick Danger videos I'm making. Considering I will have 2 sets of characters fighting, simultaneously, against each other, it will be a blessing. With all the fights and sucker punches in the previous episodes, I could have used them earlier. Great release!
edited by bigwally on 25/05/2011
25/05/2011 15:51:54

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I'm downloading the 64bit version right now! YEAH BABY!!!
25/05/2011 16:03:01

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
I'm downloading it too! Oh wait no, I stuck at work... shake head
25/05/2011 16:07:37

Quoling
Quoling
Have got the 64 bit - must admit to being a little disapointed so far - I thought the "IDE" would be able to stretch across two screens - I have also just tried to import a simple sketchup model which crashed muvizu
25/05/2011 16:13:07

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Let's see who will be the first user to post a video using the new version! Big Grin
25/05/2011 16:15:42

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
claireq wrote:
Let's see who will be the first user to post a video using the new version! Big Grin

I hope you meant "watchable video".
25/05/2011 16:17:52

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Quoling wrote:
Have got the 64 bit - must admit to being a little disapointed so far - I thought the "IDE" would be able to stretch across two screens - I have also just tried to import a simple sketchup model which crashed muvizu

The next release (which we are already working on) will have an update to the UI which should hopefully let you do that.
As for the sketchup model, it wouldn't happen to be the "queen stage"? We have tried so hard to get this to import, (whipping Dave in the corner didn't help either :abuse but the thing is HUGE! it really needs to be broken up into smaller pieces in order for it to work. Sorry
25/05/2011 16:18:34

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
bigwally wrote:

I hope you meant "watchable video".

Yes watchable is a must of course!
25/05/2011 16:23:18

Quoling
Quoling
claireq wrote:
As for the sketchup model, it wouldn't happen to be the "queen stage"? We have tried so hard to get this to import, (whipping Dave in the corner didn't help either :abuse but the thing is HUGE! it really needs to be broken up into smaller pieces in order for it to work. Sorry

No it wasn't - that loaded fine (eventually) - although only the one I uploaded onto the site which is not as big as the final version - I did actually have an email stating that the stage loaded now due to a bug fix....

It was actually just a simple model of the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard - I will need to have another look when i get home.
edited by Quoling on 25/05/2011
25/05/2011 16:31:07

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Oh I see. Well keep us updated with it.
The engine upgrade should be able to handle a lot more in regards to 3d model imports so should the problem still continue once you have had a look at it, just send us the model again and we will see what we can do
25/05/2011 16:55:39

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Quoling wrote:

Hi Quoling,

As Claire mentioned, we're doing a complete UI revamp for the next release. What do you want to happen, and we'll see what we can do (no promises)? Though - potentially there are problems depending on how your graphics card is setup.

This release was only about updating the Unreal Engine, Morpheme, Scaleform and a few other bits and pieces. Which unfortunately took us a couple of months longer than anticipated. There are a few extra goodies in there - but this was really to allow us to improve the platform we're working on rather than add features.

Finally, just to repeat Claire, if you still have problems importing the car, then let us know - if you want - you can send it to bugs@muvizu.com and we can see why it's not importing - and hopefully fix it in the next release.
25/05/2011 17:02:55

Quoling
Quoling
mcmillan-ra wrote:

As Claire mentioned, we're doing a complete UI revamp for the next release. What do you want to happen, and we'll see what we can do (no promises)? Though - potentially there are problems depending on how your graphics card is setup.

No more than has already been suggested in the forums
mcmillan-ra wrote:

This release was only about updating the Unreal Engine, Morpheme, Scaleform and a few other bits and pieces. Which unfortunately took us a couple of months longer than anticipated. There are a few extra goodies in there - but this was really to allow us to improve the platform we're working on rather than add features.

Yes I realise that...not a problem..just thought the IDE things were being done as well

mcmillan-ra wrote:

Finally, just to repeat Claire, if you still have problems importing the car, then let us know - if you want - you can send it to bugs@muvizu.com and we can see why it's not importing - and hopefully fix it in the next release.

That could well just be me - I just tried without really doing anything and it didn't work, so I really do need to look at it again to make sure I didn't forget to do anything.
25/05/2011 17:05:41

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Got the 64 bit version on my shiny new CPU, and it looks good!
Nice to see you got the black light working

Also liked the scrapyard stuff, the swaying foliage (very handy), the new vehicles, the camera Horizontal/vertical flip (or was that there already and I just never noticed?), the ability to just type stuff in Muvizu letters (why didn't we think of that sooner?! So bloody useful), the new zombie stuff, the helmets (Judge Dredd!! LOL!), and the Look At speed control (subtle, nice one). And the Muvizu flip seems to be gone! I put a clock up on a wall, and it didn't start doing the limbo.

The only problem I noticed is when doing the Actions previews, the character's Initial state overrides the emotion of whatever Action you're doing. Recorded okay, but previewed as happy/sad/angry or whatever I had the Initial state set to (e.g. so you can see him doing Angry actions with (Initail State) Sad face while previewing, but it just records as a standard Angry action and plays back okay. Odd).

And then the inevitable request Shock No, no, not guns (again) but rather would it be possible to make the undercarriage on the jet removable, or be transparent, so it would look better in flight? Same with the UFO actually.

Excellent stuff regardless, and I look forward to the inevitable wave of drunken zombie movies to come!
25/05/2011 18:50:07

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
I haven't been able to use the new version yet (thanks to a graphics-card related mishap) but I know from when I was testing the object importing that cars can cause crashes as they are actually pretty complicated with lots of curved surfaces and internal structures (seats etc.) - I would say that 80 percent of cars didn't import correctly and maybe 10% crashed as they were badly made models.
25/05/2011 18:59:36

ccliffy
ccliffy
does new version have same hardware requirements?
25/05/2011 19:16:13

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
The hardware requirements are almost the same - the only real difference being the need for a Pixel Shader 3.0 graphics card.

Pixel shader 3.0 was introduced with the GeForce 6, ATI Radeon x1300 and Intel GMA x3000 so any card above that should be able to start Muvizu, but obviously the amount of memory it has and the more modern it is will make a difference to performance.
25/05/2011 22:37:03

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
And you can have BAD moving hair on a stationary character!

edited by toonarama on 25/05/2011
edited by toonarama on 27/05/2011
25/05/2011 22:52:28

toonarama
When setting head movement to it's fastest setting the hair doesn't seem able to keep up with the movements - anybody else noticed this?
25/05/2011 23:01:43

toonarama
Noticed that all my codecs have disappeared when making video apart from 3
26/05/2011 00:59:01

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Confused Oh no! when I import a sound file for prepare Dialog, Muvizu crashes......
pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? The newest Muvizu release...