Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed
12/06/2012 20:28:37

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm

Specifically, I'd vote for a Import Object button. I import a lot of external objects, probably not for everyone, to be fair

Actually, how about a Create Character button, which would create a default character (random types? selectable in options?) so you could populate a scene quickly.

Hmm... I find that the random button in the character options is too random, often they turn out naked with silly hats on!!!
12/06/2012 20:32:09

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm

The 'Make Oscar Winning Masterpiece that kicks Pixar's Butt' Button...of course this would involve a super secret Easter Egg and could only be used by one Muvizu user per year on a strict rotation.
12/06/2012 20:38:04

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

Specifically, I'd vote for a Import Object button. I import a lot of external objects, probably not for everyone, to be fair

Actually, how about a Create Character button, which would create a default character (random types? selectable in options?) so you could populate a scene quickly.

Even better, a crowd button! This would have an option to create a whole crowd of however many people you want!!!!dunno
13/06/2012 07:08:09

MrDrWho13
Dylly wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

The 'Make Oscar Winning Masterpiece that kicks Pixar's Butt' Button...of course this would involve a super secret Easter Egg and could only be used by one Muvizu user per year on a strict rotation.

Hmm... could you give me a way to get this easter egg? hahano
13/06/2012 11:25:17

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Buttons...

Well how about a direction button on all lines in the timeline editor?
13/06/2012 17:07:11

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Buttons...

Well how about a direction button on all lines in the timeline editor?

Hmm... yes, could you explain in more detail please?
13/06/2012 19:00:07

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I'm pretty sure that Dreeko means a button on each timeline track which corresponds to it's special menu - clicking on the button for Eyes Look At would take you straight to the Direct Eyes menu, or a button on the Actions track for Direct Actions, etc. Great idea, and there could also be a Prepare button next to Direct where appropriate too.
13/06/2012 19:32:21

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Dreeko means a button on each timeline track which corresponds to it's special menu - clicking on the button for Eyes Look At would take you straight to the Direct Eyes menu, or a button on the Actions track for Direct Actions, etc. Great idea, and there could also be a Prepare button next to Direct where appropriate too.

Yes, that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure.
14/06/2012 10:05:33

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:

Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

--
Direct, don't animate!
14/06/2012 19:21:40

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
I'm Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

Absolutely. They could be the same size as the bin icon (for deleting the track data), along the line of each track - one for direct, one for prepare if appropriate. There's tons of grey to play with, y'know!
14/06/2012 19:30:51

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
Jamie wrote:
I'm Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

Absolutely. They could be the same size as the bin icon (for deleting the track data), along the line of each track - one for direct, one for prepare if appropriate. There's tons of grey to play with, y'know!

Yeah, I agree
05/07/2012 10:45:13

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Dreeko, I'd like to see a detailed tutorial on how you do this please, unless I missed it? I would definitely be using this facial animator feature....mmaybe Muvizu should incorporate a menu for this itself, that would be great! - Thanks!

Dreeko wrote:
Yes zig I concur ...as you may have gathered

I'm sure something is in the pipeline..
edited by Dreeko on 11/05/2012
05/07/2012 11:49:36

Dreeko
This was created by using a scaled down backdrop positioned on the characters forehead on to which was placed a variety of eyebrow shapes with transparent backgrounds switching from image to image by animating the backdrop object image properties.
The raising and lowering of the eyebrows can be created by animating the movement of the backdrop up and down. If a single eyebrow movement is required then you would have to have two separate backdrops.
Please note though that the eyebrow backdrop is not going to move with the character as it is not attached. For this reason I haven't really used this technique much.
I have a sneaky feeling that the facial morphs used on the new characters may pave the way for a facial animation system

...it's only a feeling though!

Hope the above helps!

Cheers
D
05/07/2012 12:26:16

Marco_D
Marco_D
I get amazed with the ways our users work around the software limitations.
Pure awesome creativity.

Well done

Cheers,
Marco
edited by Marco_D on 05/07/2012
05/07/2012 13:50:34

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thanks Dreeko! You are a pioneer on planet Muvizu, your help, tutorials, and videos are always appreciated and entertaining! Your vids have helped me alot in the learning process from the start.
Thanks Again! - EEF
Dreeko wrote:
This was created by using a scaled down backdrop positioned on the characters forehead on to which was placed a variety of eyebrow shapes with transparent backgrounds switching from image to image by animating the backdrop object image properties.
The raising and lowering of the eyebrows can be created by animating the movement of the backdrop up and down. If a single eyebrow movement is required then you would have to have two separate backdrops.
Please note though that the eyebrow backdrop is not going to move with the character as it is not attached. For this reason I haven't really used this technique much.
I have a sneaky feeling that the facial morphs used on the new characters may pave the way for a facial animation system

...it's only a feeling though!

Hope the above helps!

Cheers
D
08/07/2012 19:33:04

ziggy72
On the subject of eyebrows, could we please have the option to turn off shadows on Brows? Pretty sure my eyebrows don't cast shadows over my face... I'll go check
08/07/2012 19:37:44

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
On the subject of eyebrows, could we please have the option to turn off shadows on Brows? Pretty sure my eyebrows don't cast shadows over my face... I'll go check

Haha!

Very good point!

D

My latest vid! http://www.youtube.com/user/dreeko?feature=mhee
09/07/2012 07:15:16

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:

Yes, I agree!
13/07/2012 00:04:39

ziggy72
Door springs! By that I mean that when you animate opening a door (or any object ideally), there would be a check box on the Prepare dialogue to enable the Spring. This would mean that the door would spring back to it's starting position automatically once you let go of the key(s) you're pressing to animate it. This is necessary, I believe, since it is completely impossible to do it manually. You can never get the bloody door to look shut again, it's always a little bit out (at best!).
13/07/2012 11:36:28

jamesriley
jamesriley
ziggy72 wrote:
Door springs! By that I mean that when you animate opening a door (or any object ideally), there would be a check box on the Prepare dialogue to enable the Spring. This would mean that the door would spring back to it's starting position automatically once you let go of the key(s) you're pressing to animate it. This is necessary, I believe, since it is completely impossible to do it manually. You can never get the bloody door to look shut again, it's always a little bit out (at best!).

Ziggy this is a great idea.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!