Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Machinima Expo 2011 Now Accepting Submissions

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
07/07/2011 07:21:32

rgrove
rgrove
The 4th annual Machinima Expo is now accepting submission to the festival which will take place online on November 19th & 20th at machinima-expo.com.

Details on submission requirements and more info on the Expo are here:

http://blog.machinima-expo.com/

We will be screening films and awarding prizes to the most accomplished machinima submitted. Submission period lasts from July 1st to Sept 30th, 2011.

Very proud to have Muvizu as a sponsor. Thank you!
01/08/2011 08:15:03

kkffoo
kkffoo
The screening team have reviewed 32 movies so far, every year the quality of entries seems to improve and this year is no exception.
We've had one muvizu movie submitted so far and I'd like to see more!

Don't forget we don't just take story based movies, last year a documentary machinima made it into the jury selection list, and we're keen to promote experimental work.

This isn't just about winning prizes though, last year we live screened a whole bunch of movies which we considered the best off our entries, and our online festival screens live on the web.

If someone you know makes great Muvizu movies, and you'd like them to represent your community at the Expo then why not send them a message and our submission link..

http://blog.machinima-expo.com/post/7128977751/submit-your-film-to-the-2011-machinima-expo
01/08/2011 14:36:56

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Come on guys - keep the side up!!
02/08/2011 15:11:43

satscape
satscape
I'm hoping to see a lot more Muvizu videos at this years expo, there's so much good stuff in the Muvizu Gallery, and remember, it doesn't have to a be a 45 minute epic to be accepted.

So, rummage though your own Muvizu creations, or make something new "in hours, not weeks" (as it says at the top right). You have a little under 2 months until the deadline, plenty of time!

Scott
12/08/2011 16:02:28

kkffoo
kkffoo
Come oooooooooooooooon!
I dare you.
SubmiiiiiiiiiitWhaaaaa?

http://www.machinima-expo.com/submit.php
edited by kkffoo on 12/08/2011
24/08/2011 15:23:00

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Hello,

MuvizuMan is now submitted ! Wait and see...
24/08/2011 15:40:27

kkffoo
kkffoo
Thanks everyone, we have had some more Muvizu entries! Keep them coming.
25/08/2011 00:09:57

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
What are the prizes up for grabs this year?
25/08/2011 00:48:36

rgrove
rgrove
They haven't been determined yet, Dreeko, but last year we gave away $1500 in prizes and plan to spend as much. We try to choose prizes that would be useful to machinima filmmakers like microphones, recording devices, relevant software. We will announce prizes in late September early October.

We've had some good Muvizu films submitted and looking forward to more.

Ricky
27/09/2011 13:49:23

satscape
satscape
Just a quickie update. The deadline for Expo submissions has been extended over the weekend, so you now have until 23:59 PST this Sunday (2nd oct) to submit an animation to the expo.

Even you're old vintage Muvizu animations are welcome, so long as you haven't submitted it to previous Expos (accepted or not).

So get busy this weekend and show off this lovely software!
10/10/2011 19:56:23

rgrove
rgrove
Just wanted to thank everyone who submitted films to the Expo this year. We had almost twice as many films submitted this year than last year. Some excellent work, too. Great to see the community growing and the quality of work improving. We will definitely have several Muvizu films in our screening reel this year.

Will announce screening films an jury films on our blog starting Oct 16th. Each person who submitted a film will also be individually notified.

thanks everyone!
10/10/2011 22:09:31

Dreeko
looking forward to seeing the entries!
17/10/2011 23:29:48

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
kkffoo wrote:
Thanks everyone, we have had some more Muvizu entries! Keep them coming.

It's now after Oct. 16th, the date you've announced as the day you will begin to post finalists. Has this been delayed?
18/10/2011 08:41:49

kkffoo
kkffoo
We are in the process of sorting through the finalists now.
We notify film makers individually first then announce on blog.
Think Ricky's 16th must have meant the start of the final sorting week, but I can see how that could be misinterpreted.
Almost there.
edited by kkffoo on 18/10/2011
18/10/2011 17:16:13

rgrove
rgrove
No, we are starting to notify everyone this week and will continue into next week. With such a large list of films (185) it takes a while to get everyone notified. Everyone will be notified by Nov 1st.

Good luck!
25/10/2011 11:44:02

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Hi everyone! My entry for the competition was turned down, but my expectations weren't high. What I want to know is did ANY Muvizu creation make the cut?
25/10/2011 11:57:34

65Radius
65Radius
bigwally wrote:
Hi everyone! My entry for the competition was turned down, but my expectations weren't high. What I want to know is did ANY Muvizu creation make the cut?

Certainly none of mine did! There will be a video about this sometime soon!
25/10/2011 12:34:13

Dreeko
65Radius wrote:
bigwally wrote:

Certainly none of mine did! There will be a video about this sometime soon!

I've been lucky enough with this one..
edited by Dreeko on 25/10/2011
25/10/2011 13:59:07

satscape
satscape
Congrats Dreeko, and for those who didn't get accepted, maybe this is an excellent opportunity to vent your emotions into a new Muvizu flick that you can submit to next year's Expo?

Don't feel too bad about it, hope you're still coming along to the Expo, I find it's a fun experience every year, it's more about getting together with like-minded creative people than a "hey look at my video" sort of event and watching the films shown gives inspiration to make more of your own stuff too!

See you there!

Scott / Satscape
25/10/2011 17:55:38

rgrove
rgrove
We had 14 Muvizu films submitted to the Expo this year. We decided to screen two films: Dreeko's "What's it all about" and iqi.Andre's "Gman".

My congratulations to both filmmakers. I'll be blogging on Muvizu as a platform for Machinima on our Expo blog in the coming weeks. Plus, we'll hopefully get Vince to talk at the Expo as part of the programming and share Muvizu with an international audience.

Thanks to all of you who submitted.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Machinima Expo 2011 Now Accepting Submissions