Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Static Mode

the topic is closed
23/07/2011 12:04:56

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Is there a way to stop the movement of a character when they are idle. I'm talking about the slight "wobbling" they do which makes them look alive, which is fine, except when they're dead.

I need a vertical character to do this so the sleep/impact movements won't work for me.

Ideas anyone ?
23/07/2011 13:10:07

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
All I can suggest is taking a screenshot of the character and place it on a backdrop.
This obviously means that your camera will have to remain static and youl need to be careful with the shadows from it.

Good luck hope you get there!

Cheers
D
23/07/2011 16:09:38

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
My tuppence - slow their shots right down and split screen/green screen them against the normal action, maybe? Or only use the frames when they look staionary, and loop them? I'd be trying something like that, anyway.
23/07/2011 18:48:19

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Blimey Ziggy - that sounds like a lot of work.

I've sorted it out however......

I changed the script so that they're lying down.
23/07/2011 22:59:40

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Well I guess it's a bit late as the problem is solved, but what the hell:

Many of the poses characters strike freeze them as well. Points and hands right/left/wherever come to mind. The Superhero "idle" pose also freezes movement. I'm sure there's more, those are just the ones that come to mind.
24/07/2011 05:54:33

RightURKen
RightURKen
I could use a easy solution to this. I need a robot to stand still. I tried "Stand to attention" but it only lasted a couple of seconds. Would like him him to freeze for about 30 seconds.
24/07/2011 12:30:55

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:
Blimey Ziggy - that sounds like a lot of work.

I've sorted it out however......

I changed the script so that they're lying down.

Note that UKBerty has used the standard film industry approach to the problem - cheat and sidestep it! If Muvizu can't do it then, short of the kind of painstaking trickery I suggested, just change the script to something Muvizu can do.

It is kind of odd that such a seemingly easy thing to have the characters do (nothing at all) should be so problematic. A 'statue' mode for characters would be very helpful.
24/07/2011 12:46:19

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
As long as the caerma is static as well, Dreeko's suggestion of the screen capture works very well, I've used that before.

As I mentioned, there are poses that freeze motion and hold forever, none of them are a standard "arms at the side" stance though.
24/07/2011 15:52:15

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
When all else fails cheat and sidestep the problem. What a great phrase! I have used many "cheats and sidesteps" while using Muvizu. I have a few that I would like to share with everyone as soon as I can figure out how to explain things to where everyone will understand.

I have a tendency to do things "on the fly", meaning that I'll get the results I want by "fiddling and tweaking" without really giving much thought as to how I actually did it. The end result is that I know how to get around certain issues but have difficulty trying to explain to others exactly how I did it.

Maybe if I collaborated with a few of the talented "tutorial guys" on here they could help me get a few of my Muvizuu tips posted.
24/07/2011 17:29:49

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
If it wasn't for "cheat and sidestep it" we wouldn't have such iconic cinema moments as the point-of-view shots in Jaws (the shark kept breaking so Spielberg improvised). The most bizarre "cheat and sidestep" one that I have ever heard of was during filming of Casablanca - they couldn't fit a full-size aircraft in the soundstage for the final scene so they built a smaller model, pumped in dry ice to have obscure the view and, to top it off, used midgets for the groundcrew.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Static Mode