Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback on Muvizu - 5th September 2011 (ENG)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed
05/09/2011 14:24:28

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hello everyone,

We just release a new version of Muvizu. This version comes with a brand new user interface and a few new features as well.

As always we want to know what you think about it. So please post here your thoughts about the new version. If you encounter any problems please let us know.
We will be monitoring this thread very closely.

Have fun with Muvizu

Cheers,
Muvizu Team
edited by Marco_D on 05/09/2011
05/09/2011 15:43:36

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Supplemental to the release notes, there is also a new, experimental, hidden feature that some of our more advanced users may enjoy playing with. It enables transparent videos to be used as textures within Muvizu.

There is a thread about it in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum, here:
http://www.muvizu.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=1281&MessageID=6832#post6832

Cheers, Dave.
05/09/2011 16:39:13

zacchang
zacchang
is it available on the download page?
05/09/2011 16:40:27

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
zacchang wrote:

Yep!
05/09/2011 16:40:32

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
zacchang wrote:

Yes, it's version 0.17b.
05/09/2011 16:41:18

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Downloaded new version...oh am I impressed! I'm running on a small laptop here with minimal graphics card. The old version was proving difficult with regard to codecs, had to resort to DivX as Xvid would not work or results were full of impairments....but hang on a minute the new version runs like a dream, and with Xvid too!
Add to this character maps with toothypegs and you have one happy bunny here!

Ahem...but there is one, just one small niggly, naggly, teenie, tiny thing though and it is a teenie, tiny thing....but the new interface is a little small and moaning old geezers like me have had to go and find my glasses from where-ever the beagle had hidden them this time!
But so far, I'm very impressed with a job well done!
05/09/2011 16:42:06

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I've had a little look......

Fine tuning up and down arrows on all properties (especially scaling of objects) - brilliant. This will cut down of set destruction.

I like the idea of turning shadows off - will be useful when using ground planes as ceilings as weird things tended to happen.

Mmmmm.... . Undockable windows.........

All looking good.

I'd best get on and animate something then.
05/09/2011 16:47:30

Quoling
Quoling
I agree with the size of the text - it's tiny....good job I have telescope glasses so I can read the text.
Am currently (should be working) looking at the import of ase files - there seems to be a lot of changes...really appreciate any tips on how to do this - a new tutorial like Jim did would be fantastic!

Edit: cannot import ASE files - Muvizu is freezing will try something simple...was really hoping this would work

Apart from that - looks ok - may even get me Queen video done now.
edited by Quoling on 05/09/2011
05/09/2011 16:50:33

Luscan
Luscan
There's a bunch of tutorials pending at the moment that were built around questions that we got asked and the new interface. Should be up soon!
05/09/2011 16:52:12

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:

I'd best get on and animate something then.

indeed you had! and that goes for the rest of you too.
05/09/2011 16:54:16

Quoling
Quoling
Luscan wrote:
There's a bunch of tutorials pending at the moment that were built around questions that we got asked and the new interface. Should be up soon!

Good oh! - should we still use the bug forums? - I have noticed a couple of things that are not "quite right" (to me anyway) ....
05/09/2011 16:58:29

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Quoling wrote:
cannot import ASE files - Muvizu is freezing will try something simple...was really hoping this would work

I don't believe that anything has changed since the last release regarding .ASE file importing, so the old video tutorial should still be completely valid.

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/12421/Tutorial-07-Importing-3D-models
05/09/2011 16:59:10

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dylly wrote:
Ahem...but there is one, just one small niggly, naggly, teenie, tiny thing though and it is a teenie, tiny thing....but the new interface is a little small and moaning old geezers like me have had to go and find my glasses from where-ever the beagle had hidden them this time!
But so far, I'm very impressed with a job well done!

Sorry about that, Dylly. One thing that the new UI will allow us to do in a future release is to select alternate themes. In your case we'd offer a "moaning old geezers" theme that has larger fonts.

I can't say when we'll get around to doing this as frankly we've been too busy working on getting this version out of the door to discuss what's next, but rest assured that there's a lot more new stuff in store for the UI now that we've upgraded the technology behind it.
05/09/2011 17:02:44

Quoling
Quoling
CrazyDave wrote:
Quoling wrote:
cannot import ASE files - Muvizu is freezing will try something simple...was really hoping this would work

I don't believe that anything has changed since the last release regarding .ASE file importing, so the old video tutorial should still be completely valid.

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/12421/Tutorial-07-Importing-3D-models

Yep no all about the tutorial - tried on a couple of new models and it has indeed worked - would love to know what the extra options are for though....will keep playing
05/09/2011 17:03:06

Neil
Quoling wrote:
Good oh! - should we still use the bug forums? - I have noticed a couple of things that are not "quite right" (to me anyway) ....

Either post them here, or if it's a long complicated explanation of how we're doing it wrong, feel free to make a new thread.
05/09/2011 17:09:45

Quoling
Quoling
Neil wrote:
Either post them here, or if it's a long complicated explanation of how we're doing it wrong, feel free to make a new thread.

Nope not complicated just a little annoying - one no longer exists (the tutorial/welcome dialog was constantly showing despite checking "do not show again") - the other is just something I personally don't like (as someone who has written applications) - if I make the UI fullscreen and then close Muvizu - when I start it up again it's small again

Also when I choose "Create | Object" - the dialog is on the objects tab but the "import" button is missing, it only appears if I go from another tab back to Objects.

That's all for now - nearly time to go home
05/09/2011 17:13:02

Neil
Quoling wrote:
Also when I choose "Create | Object" - the dialog is on the objects tab but the "import" button is missing, it only appears if I go from another tab back to Objects.

That's listed in the known issues on the downloads page, and something I've been desperately trying to fix for a little while. It's a pesky one, grrrrr. As you've spotted, clicking a tab or resizing the window will force it to appear.
05/09/2011 17:16:38

Quoling
Quoling
Neil wrote:
Quoling wrote:

That's listed in the known issues on the downloads page, and something I've been desperately trying to fix for a little while. It's a pesky one, grrrrr. As you've spotted, clicking a tab or resizing the window will force it to appear.

Oops should practice what I preach (to my customers) and read the "Readme".... FAQ Nice
05/09/2011 17:32:28

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
NeilI can't say when we'll get around to doing this as frankly we've been too busy working on getting this version out of the door to discuss what's next, but rest assured that there's a lot more new stuff in store for the UI now that we've upgraded the technology behind it. [/quote wrote:

Dragons? Ooh we're getting Dragons!
This was a broadcast from the Ministry of Disinformation!
05/09/2011 17:39:13

65Radius
65Radius
One detail : using 32 bit version : when I select the severed hand on Anne, and then delete it, it doesn't go away!. Also, while the hand is selected, I do not get the attributes display.
Generally, the application looks very friendly, and fast.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback on Muvizu - 5th September 2011 (ENG)