Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback on Muvizu - 5th September 2011 (ENG)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed
22/09/2011 19:02:33

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
65Radius wrote:
It appears that you cannot save if you have a bomb in your scene (??!?)
edited by 65Radius on 22/09/2011

I thought - that cant be right. So I created a blank scene, created a bomb, tried to save and...nope, Muvizu wont do it. Odd.
22/09/2011 19:09:55

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
ziggy72 wrote:
One last thing...not a complaint, just a suggestion - the timeline is very, very plain looking. A beveled edge or two, especially on the buttons, wouldn't go amiss. Some colour too, bit of shading maybe...just sayin'! Big Grin

I kind of liked the little measuring marks on the old timeline. They helped greatly when trying to fine tune cue points.
23/09/2011 00:40:34

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Jamie wrote:
Could you send the set file that won't to bugs@muvizu.com and we'll take a look into what is going wrong

I tried but it was too big to attach to my email. It did have everything in it: movement, action, dialog, you name it.
23/09/2011 08:01:28

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Hi team, just to keep you updated, ok, the patch has worked, sets loading ok for
Now, thanks HQ.

Having played around with the new update And all the new features I must point out
the only thing that is crap is the timeline... sorry for being blunt..
I've tried to like it, work with it, but but but NO...
Sorry but the old time line for fine tuning was perfect.
This new one is soooo hard to fine tune your small animations like head turns ect.
Its hard trying to click on an animation, its hit or miss most of the time.
This is the only fault I can find with the new update, everything else is perfect.

Oh, love the new Farm and Science objects, great stuff!!!
edited by artpen on 23/09/2011
23/09/2011 14:28:23

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Well spotted, 65Radius & Ziggy.

It looks like there was a naming error with one of the textures on the bomb, which is why it won't save.

A wise man once told me that...er...bombs are dangerous, so don't use them. I think that's pretty sage advice. Stay away from the bombs kids. For now, at least.

Should be fixed in the next release, whenever that will be...

Emily.

23/09/2011 19:05:41

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Probably it takes a while until the next release ?

Until then try this if you still like to burn your fingers...

Get Bombset and Bombs in ASE format here: Download
27/09/2011 16:45:39

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
artpen wrote:
...the only thing that is crap is the timeline... sorry for being blunt..
I've tried to like it, work with it, but but but NO...
Sorry but the old time line for fine tuning was perfect.
This new one is soooo hard to fine tune your small animations like head turns ect.
Its hard trying to click on an animation, its hit or miss most of the time.

Hi Artpen,

The timeline will be receiving some serious love and attention over the next few releases, so hopefully we can remedy the situation. Could you be a bit more specific about the issues you're experiencing so I know where to focus my attention? Feel free to either reply here or PM me directly if you want to discuss it.
27/09/2011 17:59:15

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Hi Neil, thanks for your reply

The main problem is the fine tuning of small animations, head moves, eye moves, or just trying to get your timing just right The Wave

The timeline works, but if you have a small head turn for example, it shows up like a Teeny tiny slit on the timeline.

The problem is that trying to click on it is dead hard...

I used the old timeline a lot for this because these small animations showed up as small blocks, great, easy.

Thanks again Neil, looking forward to the new timeline

art
edited by artpen on 27/09/2011
27/09/2011 18:18:48

mysto
I have to agree with Artpen, he pretty much sums up my issues with the timeline. I have been messing around with the new timeline but I am finding that I just can't seem to get things timed and arranged as well as I could using the old one.
27/09/2011 18:52:00

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Remember you can manually input the start time for the actions and they will jump to exactly where you want them.
27/09/2011 23:09:49

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
This may also apply to other camera animations but I found changing the field of view tricky to do smoothly when zooming in(my old muscles I guess).

It would be nice to have a way to automate a smooth change eg 'bigger' &'smaller' buttons and a rate of change slider as for obj movement. Or points on the timeline - I know when I need a certain values and I need a smooth transition from one to the next. (sort of like waypoints - oh did we mention those before?
28/09/2011 04:38:44

65Radius
65Radius
tripfreak wrote:
Probably it takes a while until the next release ?

Until then try this if you still like to burn your fingers...

Get Bombset and Bombs in ASE format here: Download

Thanks for that! good old fashioned bombs!
30/09/2011 00:52:43

ziggy72
Okay, having a bit of an issue here with the timeline - by always zooming into the start marker, I keep getting lost in the timeline, and then lose track of wether the numbers refer to seconds or minutes. There's no sense of scale at any zoom level, and no way of knowing where you just zoomed to, which means zooming all the way back out to then try to figure out where you are. And then be unable to zoom back down to where you want to be. Can't we please zoom in/out on the marker instead of the start?

Also, hate to be negative, but can we please have the old timeline (style) back again? And restore the ability to create cue points by clicking on the master timeline? And the ability to drag the master timeline? Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm starting to hate the new timeline, and it's brought me to a grinding halt because it wont let me work the way I have done previously, and I'm not sure how to get around it. The scroll bar is way too clumsy to use to navigate your way along the timeline, but worse than that it's sloooowwwww. And my machine aint slow.

So, I'm with Artpen on this one - the timeline needs some TLC. Or just a good beating with the technology hammer.
30/09/2011 01:08:11

mysto
ziggy72 wrote:
Okay, having a bit of an issue here with the timeline - by always zooming into the start marker, I keep getting lost in the timeline, and then lose track of wether the numbers refer to seconds or minutes. There's no sense of scale at any zoom level, and no way of knowing where you just zoomed to, which means zooming all the way back out to then try to figure out where you are. And then be unable to zoom back down to where you want to be. Can't we please zoom in/out on the marker instead of the start?

Also, hate to be negative, but can we please have the old timeline (style) back again? And restore the ability to create cue points by clicking on the master timeline? And the ability to drag the master timeline? Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm starting to hate the new timeline, and it's brought me to a grinding halt because it wont let me work the way I have done previously, and I'm not sure how to get around it. The scroll bar is way too clumsy to use to navigate your way along the timeline, but worse than that it's sloooowwwww. And my machine aint slow.

So, I'm with Artpen on this one - the timeline needs some TLC. Or just a good beating with the technology hammer.

I totally agree. Toast
30/09/2011 15:08:21

Danimal
ziggy72 wrote:
And restore the ability to create cue points by clicking on the master timeline?

That was the only part of the old timeline I didn't like. I was constantly inadvertanly adding cue points. However, I'd gladly take back that one slight aggravation to get all the other features of the old timeline back.
30/09/2011 15:46:51

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I'm with Danimal on this one - right mouse and add cue point would be better - I was forever having to delete the little buggers that I'd created by mistake.

I've not played with new timeline yet - how are people finding the dialogue sync, has this been fixed ?
30/09/2011 16:39:32

Danimal
My experience with dialog sync is this:

If you move the marker back a bit and then push play, the dialog sync is correct. If you stop and restart or move the timeline forward, the audio lags WAY behind the action. Again, nudging it back, even if just a bit put the sync back.
30/09/2011 16:53:12

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
I find something similar with character movement - it always goes a bit further than you expect. So after several tries I end up moving the characters start point back a bit (Not really a timeline issue but a lag issue I guess)
30/09/2011 23:51:46

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Danimal wrote:
My experience with dialog sync is this:

If you move the marker back a bit and then push play, the dialog sync is correct. If you stop and restart or move the timeline forward, the audio lags WAY behind the action. Again, nudging it back, even if just a bit put the sync back.

Some of my animations are waiting in the wings for a multiple audio dialogue option to appear. I know it can't be far away so I'm happy to wait and do less conversational animations at the moment.

Cheers
D
01/10/2011 21:45:16

ziggy72
...and another thing - what, you thought that was it?

While using the timeline, the default focus stays on the last thing you clicked - so if the last thing you did was add a marker, every time you press Space after that you'll create a marker. Shouldn't the focus always default back to Play/Stop? Unless there's a good reason not to, could we have it that way?

And still on that Timeline window...above the Scene and object properties there are big empty grey areas. Could we either put another timeline into them or get rid of them? Also the headers for the Timeline and Cameras windows are pretty redundant unless you're a total newb, and take up yet more space. The Close and Pin buttons could be relocated down into that grey area above the object properties, maybe?

Back to work
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback on Muvizu - 5th September 2011 (ENG)