Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Sorting out my skin

the topic is closed
09/09/2011 11:44:11

hugmyster
hugmyster
The new ability to change the individual skins is brilliant - I love it! But I need a hand.

When I have the map for, say, the lady, it is neatly marked as a grid. This would be perfect to fill in the individual fingernails (4 squares each roughly) and a nice shade of pink - or whatever the current fad is. However, I don't know how to remove the grid afterwards, and the poor lady looks like she's been run over by 4 million ants on bicycles...

I have tried layers, but the paint function on one layer fills that entire layer, not just the one nail section.

The only tool I know that can do polygons is Microsoft's paint, but that can't do layers. I also won't do Photoshop... because you have to pay for it.

I've tried Paint.net (not a bad one at all actually) but still no bananas.

Any advice please? Wave

Huggy
09/09/2011 12:33:28

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
Watch this Tutorial:

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/17223/Tutorial-11-Characters-Painting-custom-skins

Free alternatives to photoshop are also explained here.
10/09/2011 00:09:35

barrys
barrys
Hi hugmyster

Aye, the trick is to use Layers in your painting program to paint underneath the grid. When you want to save your texture you simply hide the layer with the grid and export.

Freakmoomin's link will explain all

Barry
19/09/2011 12:10:47

hugmyster
hugmyster
All much appreciated.

The fact that invisible can be used too is absolutely brilliant, so you can have whatever colour you choose fade to, say, a spot like a belly button.
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Sorting out my skin