Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? Urban Pad City Creator Promo

the topic is closed
28/09/2011 00:08:41

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
There is a product available called Urban Pad City Creator, from Gamr7, that facilitates the building of 3D cities. Funny, it's for the Unreal Game Engine initially, but doesn't export as ASE directly. but with a pipeline of object convertors (or until Muvizu updates their object import formats).

Either way, there's a special promo going on. Order this package for $29 before Oct. 3rd, and if enough people order it, we'll all get a key to the software for that $29 investment. if they don't make the quota, then the $29 gets refunded.

For $29 it couldn't hurt to at least have a look... http://www.gamr7.com/init/default/index
28/09/2011 08:25:04

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Wizaerd
This looks very interesting and if it can be made to work a godsend.

Do you kkmow

a) can it definitely (through the relevant pipeline) be used as an imprt into Muvizu
b) can it produce output for iclone too?

Thanks

Toonarama
28/09/2011 10:35:07

paulparker
paulparker
Wizaerd wrote:
There is a product available called Urban Pad City Creator, from Gamr7, that facilitates the building of 3D cities. Funny, it's for the Unreal Game Engine initially, but doesn't export as ASE directly. but with a pipeline of object convertors (or until Muvizu updates their object import formats).

Either way, there's a special promo going on. Order this package for $29 before Oct. 3rd, and if enough people order it, we'll all get a key to the software for that $29 investment. if they don't make the quota, then the $29 gets refunded.

For $29 it couldn't hurt to at least have a look... http://www.gamr7.com/init/default/index

Did you see, on the website og Gamr7

"Custom export profiles are available upon request. Contact us for more information."
28/09/2011 16:01:11

paulparker
paulparker
toonarama wrote:
Wizaerd

Thanks

Toonarama

for iclone the pipeline should be :Urban Pad===>Fbx====>3dXchange pro4===>VNS===>Iclone
28/09/2011 16:49:23

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
paulparker wrote:
toonarama wrote:
Wizaerd

Thanks

Toonarama

for iclone the pipeline should be :Urban Pad===>Fbx====>3dXchange pro4===>VNS===>Iclone

^This is correct. UrbanPad exports as Collada and FBX, directly importable into 3DXChange. (Sure wish Muvizu supported those formates...)

I have the CityEngine from Procedural (same type of application) and have successfully exported it to iCLone as FBX through 3DXChange. The huge issue with CityEngine though is it's very,very, very expensive (I got it with an educational discount and was still $700) and is very very dicciult to use for creating new cities. Their demos and tutorials are "easy to use", but creating a city from scratch? I've still been completely unable to do it. All of their tutorials are sadly out of date, and even though there is lots of documentation, much of it doesn;t make any sense.

I'm hoping Urban Pad is better documented and usable. I'll gladly spend $29 to find out. I spend more than that on... well never you mind what I spend it on...
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? Urban Pad City Creator Promo