Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
06/01/2015 15:20:16

blickfang
blickfang
Hi All

I have downloaded Sketch up 8 from Ziggy72's link and successfully export and ase file from Sketchup. Tonight when I get home from work, I will see if Muvizu likes it.
07/01/2015 00:49:19

blickfang
blickfang
I brought my object into Muvizu and I can see it!! Hooray!! the project will continue!!

Thank you all for your help!!!!!!!!!!
edited by blickfang on 07/01/2015
22/01/2015 01:09:29

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
I can help.
as export a house Sketchup to Muvizu.
05/02/2015 03:59:38

BigWhirl2012
BigWhirl2012
I'm running into a couple of problems. The first is that the "Make Components" function is grayed out in Sketchup 8. I can click on an object and Sketchup will highlight it with the blue box around it but when I go to the EDI menu at the top of the screen "Make Component" is grayed out.

I'm also getting the toto error. I'm not sure if it's related to the first issue or not because it's telling me the file isn't found.
edited by BigWhirl2012 on 05/02/2015
05/02/2015 04:25:19

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
if it has a blue box around it, its already a component or a group. right click on the model to bring up the menu and it should say either edit group or edit component. theres also a bit thats says explode. if its a group then highlight the whole model and click explode to break up the group. keep doing it till it wont explode anymore. it might take quite a few times depending on how many components make up the group. when it wont explode anymore highlight the entire model and you can make the whole model into one single component.

the toto error will be because you are trying to import into muvizu without the toto file, which must be in the same folder as your .ase model file.
06/01/2016 01:03:37

braj
braj
I can't get this to work. I am using Sketchup 8.0.16x The muvizuaseexporter.rb plugin is installed correctly and I can export, but when trying to import I get a message 'file not found' am I missing something from the setup?
06/01/2016 06:04:32

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
braj wrote:
I get a message 'file not found' am I missing something from the setup?

Sounds like toto.bmp to me.

Create a 256x256 pixel bmp file and name it c:\ut3\toto.bmp and this may fix it.
edited by ukBerty on 06/01/2016
06/01/2016 07:41:57

braj
braj
ukBerty wrote:
braj wrote:

Create a 256x256 pixel bmp file and name it c:\ut3\toto.bmp and this may fix it.

Ah, thanks, that fixed it, for the most part. What does that file do, and what color should it be? Does it matter? It works when I create simple objects, but any models from the 3d warehouse still give me grief. But it definitely is progress!

One thing I don't know how to do is get textures mapped to the objects, trying to apply them in Sketchup results in a missing file error when importing in Muvizu. Applying anything in Muvizu results in a tiny repeating pattern.

I would really love some tips on using this, though at least I can now create some more diverse landscapes and stuff, I really appreciate that.
06/01/2016 10:06:59

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Texture is sadly where SketchUp is lacking. Unfortunately I deleted my collection of SketchUp plugins but have a look around for one entitled something like 'texture export'. This little exporter not only exports your model as .ase but also exports all of the textures you have placed on it into the same folder.

At the end of the day you will find you have to move on to software that will allow you to UVW unwrap your model and then you can create models with integral textures which make use of quite a number of different kinds of mapping such as Ambient Occlusion to get those lovely shadows on your models textures. Free software route you would use Blender. As I find Blender particularly over complex I would recommend modelling in SketchUp and then learn to UVW unwrap and texture in Blender as a starting point, before transferring to making all of your models and props in Blender.

My personal preference for modelling software is 3Ds Max but this is expensive. Together with Maya these seem to be the 'industry standard' applications. There are free educational licenses available for both 3Ds Max and Maya.

When I started this thread and my first attempts at making models for use in Muvizu I didn't realise just what a rabbit hole Muvizu had lead me down and how enjoyable, time consuming, rewarding, frustrating and never ending the ancillary skills to animating with Muvizu could be.

Just for reference my current suite of programmes for modelling and the modelling process I use is as follows:
Old fashioned notebook with squared paper for jotting down thoughts and rough designs in pencil.
3Ds Max for modelling and UVW Unwrapping in conjunction with the original plans in a notebook to record measurements.
Depending on the model I will either make a high and low poly version for Normal Mapping Extra modelled detail or move straight onto rendering and texturing if it is a simple low poly prop.
3Ds Max for rendering out AO Maps, Cavity Maps, Wear Maps etc as a starting point for texturing.
Gimp with the Gimp Painter Plug In to paint textures. (I do have Photoshop but learned quite quickly that algorithms for certain functions are better quality in Gimp).
3Ds Max to apply textures.

Some things I wish I had known about when I first started:
Learn to model in quads, four sided shapes, with the occasional use of a triangle if there is no other way to build the model.
Keep an eye on the number of polygons you use and keep it as low as you can remembering that when you convert to mesh to import into Muvizu that count will double.
Avoid N-gons or multi sided shapes.
Always remember 'KISS' or Keep It Simple Stupid.
Plan your collision from the concept stage.
Make your sets all in one process. Model First and note dimensions setting etc. UVW Unwrap everything in the next stage, and then texture all in one stage. This stops you making small changes to your processes as you go along and keeps your sets uniform in shape and colour.
Try to avoid the 'discovery of a new plug in' midpoint through building a set.
Build a catalogue of textures you use regularly and keep it safe.
Model and build exactly what you need for a shot. It's pointless building an entire city if all you need is a shot of two walls of a living room in one house.
Try to remember that prop building is just a single part of making your animation and work from a script, and use a storyboard to plan your shots and act as the base for your model.
06/01/2016 11:47:07

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hold on a minute there Dylly - before you write off Sketchup's weak texturing, there is a plugin that does the job called Sketch UV, link to it is here : http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5383-sketchuv.aspx?p=f#post28359

It works with Sketchup 8. All your other advice is sound though
06/01/2016 12:01:49

ziggy72
braj wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
braj wrote:

Ah, thanks, that fixed it, for the most part. What does that file do, and what color should it be? Does it matter? It works when I create simple objects, but any models from the 3d warehouse still give me grief. But it definitely is progress!

One thing I don't know how to do is get textures mapped to the objects, trying to apply them in Sketchup results in a missing file error when importing in Muvizu. Applying anything in Muvizu results in a tiny repeating pattern.

I would really love some tips on using this, though at least I can now create some more diverse landscapes and stuff, I really appreciate that.

The colour of the toto.bmp isn't important, no, so it can be whatever colour you like. As for getting the textures off imported objects, the easiest way is to use the Raylectron Texture exporter, a little plugin that I find invaluable.

http://www.scriptspot.com/sketchup/plugins/free-raylectron-sketchup-textures-exporter-plugin

You load up your object in Sketchup, then under Tools use the exporter - it will export all textures from your object and put them into whatever folder you want. You can then reassign them in Muvizu, one by one.
06/01/2016 17:42:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
As for getting the textures off imported objects, the easiest way is to use the Raylectron Texture exporter, a little plugin that I find invaluable.

http://www.scriptspot.com/sketchup/plugins/free-raylectron-sketchup-textures-exporter-plugin

You load up your object in Sketchup, then under Tools use the exporter - it will export all textures from your object and put them into whatever folder you want. You can then reassign them in Muvizu, one by one.

AWESOME! Thanks for this info, Ziggy! It'll be very useful!
06/01/2016 23:42:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
braj wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
braj wrote:

Ah, thanks, that fixed it, for the most part. What does that file do, and what color should it be? Does it matter?

I think the reasoning behind making it that awful pink color is so you know that color needs to be changed ASAP before you puke. ;-) It is also a highly visible color.

It works when I create simple objects, but any models from the 3d warehouse still give me grief. But it definitely is progress!

I've noticed the ASE exporter gets really slow depending on the complexity of the model. I usually scale down and simplify models in another program before I try to export them to ASE. When using models from 3D warehouse, (a fairly uncontrolled collection of models, many of which are just terrible) you have no idea how complex or large it might be.

as a side note (too late to keep it simple!) I was trying to convert a fairly complex model to ASE the other night.. an hour into it, it still wasn't converted. So I switched to Blender and exported it to FBX in about 1/3 of a second. That's one compelling reason to look at Blender before you start a learning curve elsewhere.

One thing I don't know how to do is get textures mapped to the objects, trying to apply them in Sketchup results in a missing file error when importing in Muvizu.

Once you create the 256x256 pink bitmap named C:\UT3\toto.bmp that error should go away

Applying anything in Muvizu results in a tiny repeating pattern.

One nice thing about SketchUV is that you can see exactly what you've got before you export it to ASE. Watch the videos in that other thread, then keep asking questions and we'll get this sorted out pretty quickly
edited by PatMarrNC on 06/01/2016
11/11/2016 15:29:05

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
= ziggy72 wrote:
= braj wrote:
= ukBerty wrote:
= braj wrote:
me sale un mensaje "archivo no encontrado" me estoy perdiendo algo de la configuración? Debido a la extensión .ase no aparece en mi SketchUp.
Me puedes ayudar.?
Saludos

Suena como toto.bmp para mí.

Crear un archivo BMP de 256x256 píxeles y el nombre c: \ UT3 \ toto.bmp y esto puede solucionarlo.
editado por ukBerty en 06/01/2016

Ah, gracias, que fija que, en su mayor parte. ¿Qué hace ese archivo, y de qué color debe ser? ¿Importa? Funciona cuando se crea objetos simples, pero cualquier modelo de la Galería 3D todavía me dan pena. Pero sin duda es progreso!

Una cosa que no sé hacer es conseguir texturas asignadas a los objetos, tratando de aplicarlos en los resultados de Sketchup en un error de archivo que falta al importar en Muvizu. Aplicar cualquier cosa en los resultados de Muvizu en un pequeño patrón de repetición.

Me gustaría algunos consejos sobre el uso de este, aunque al menos ahora puedo crear unos paisajes más diversos y esas cosas, realmente aprecio eso.

El color de la totalidad. bmp no es importante, no, lo que puede ser cualquier color que te gusta. En cuanto a conseguir las texturas en los objetos importados, la forma más fácil es usar el exportador Raylectron textura, un pequeño plugin que me parece muy valiosa.

Http://www.scriptspot.com/sketchup/plugins/free-raylectron-sketchup-textures- exportador-plugin

cargar su objeto en Sketchup, a continuación, en Herramientas usan el exportador - exportará todas las texturas de su objeto y ponerlas en cualquier carpeta que desee. A continuación, puede reasignarlos en Muvizu, uno por uno.
11/11/2016 15:32:54

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
= ziggy72 wrote:
= braj wrote:
= ukBerty wrote:
= braj wrote:
me sale un mensaje "archivo no encontrado" me estoy perdiendo algo de la configuración? Debido a la extensión .ase no aparece en mi SketchUp.
Me puedes ayudar.?
Saludos

Suena como toto.bmp para mí.

Crear un archivo BMP de 256x256 píxeles y el nombre c: \ UT3 \ toto.bmp y esto puede solucionarlo.
editado por ukBerty en 06/01/2016

Ah, gracias, que fija que, en su mayor parte. ¿Qué hace ese archivo, y de qué color debe ser? ¿Importa? Funciona cuando se crea objetos simples, pero cualquier modelo de la Galería 3D todavía me dan pena. Pero sin duda es progreso!

Una cosa que no sé hacer es conseguir texturas asignadas a los objetos, tratando de aplicarlos en los resultados de Sketchup en un error de archivo que falta al importar en Muvizu. Aplicar cualquier cosa en los resultados de Muvizu en un pequeño patrón de repetición.

Me gustaría algunos consejos sobre el uso de este, aunque al menos ahora puedo crear unos paisajes más diversos y esas cosas, realmente aprecio eso.

El color de la totalidad. bmp no es importante, no, lo que puede ser cualquier color que te gusta. En cuanto a conseguir las texturas en los objetos importados, la forma más fácil es usar el exportador Raylectron textura, un pequeño plugin que me parece muy valiosa.

Http://www.scriptspot.com/sketchup/plugins/free-raylectron-sketchup-textures- exportador-plugin

cargar su objeto en Sketchup, a continuación, en Herramientas usan el exportador - exportará todas las texturas de su objeto y ponerlas en cualquier carpeta que desee. A continuación, puede reasignarlos en Muvizu, uno por uno.
11/11/2016 15:33:19

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
Because the .asec extension does not appear in my sketchup.
Can you help me.?
regards
11/11/2016 15:34:01

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
Can you help me.?
regardsziggy72 wrote:
braj wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
braj wrote:

The colour of the toto.bmp isn't important, no, so it can be whatever colour you like. As for getting the textures off imported objects, the easiest way is to use the Raylectron Texture exporter, a little plugin that I find invaluable.

11/11/2016 16:29:03

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Hi, you need to download a plugin for .ase models from Sketchup. Here's the Ziggymesh exporter for Sketchup 8: http://www.rodneyandberty.com/downloads This one removes collision which is very helpful.
You can download Sketchup 8 from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-_4UVPr59ACNjBQSTNYRjNwQkE

Here's a guide for newer versions of Sketchup, although the exporter in that guide doesn't remove collision: http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/57
11/11/2016 16:58:59

ziggy72
Also, there is no ASE export option in Sketchup even after you put in the Ziggymesh plugin - to export an object as ASE, you open the menus like this:

Plugins > HardPCMs Exporter for Unreal Tournament > Export > ASE format
11/11/2016 17:46:09

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
The window that opens to save the file where it is given a name does not appear any expesion.
Make fool what you indicate.
regardsecintransigente wrote:
Can you help me.?
regardsziggy72 wrote:
braj wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
braj wrote:

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu