Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Some Suggestions...

the topic is closed
11/12/2011 19:05:40

lostrevel
lostrevel
First and foremost, love the application, I found you while looking up alternatives to Stage (Xtranormal) since its no longer free, and I must say your product is a lot easier to manage.

However I do have some suggestions, parts I had a bit of difficulty with.

1. I dunno if you do have this, but one of the most popular emotes in the world seems to be missing, the Hello wave.

2. When modifying the actions in the timeline, you cannot shorten or lengthen the actions like you can the dialog parts. This makes it very hard to get timing just right. You can edit the start point, but no the end point.

3. Multiple Dialog recordings. I have been playing with music files and one of he things I came across is when one character is saying one thing while another character is saying something else, now although you cannot modify it with a single MP3 music file, if I were to have individual tracks, it would be nice to separate the two singers voices and have them separate so the lips sync right. Basically having the lips sync properly when the voices talk over each other.

4. A lot of the actions under Miscellaneous don't seem to work (character goes into default arms strait out position) like Catch, catch coin, coin toss, Delboy fall, etc.

5. After creating a custom outfit using the wire-frames from the site, when you save the newly created character with the custom skin, when you try and retrieve it in another session, it fails to open the character stating it could not open the resource.

Other than that I found your app absolutely a pleasure to play with. Here are a few of the videos I have created so far.

12/12/2011 04:06:36

lostrevel
lostrevel
Also if you could fix the stool issue... I cannot for the life of me get a toon to sit on the bar stool. I can't seem to get my toon to float on air (which would fix the issue). Minor things compared to the greatness which is Muvizu.
12/12/2011 07:11:57

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Getting your character to float in the air...create a box object, right click on it, go to texture, select none...now the box is invisible, make sure you have 'can be stood on' selected in the box physics and your character can now stand, or sit on an invisible box.

Some of the character actions will not fully animate if you are just running through the directory to choose or sample an the animations, however once you select the animation and record it the character it all seems to work seamlessly.

Being unable to alter the animation 'end' on the time line is a pain, however as far as multiple dialogue goes check out the news page about the forthcoming update...and see what Santa's bringing!
12/12/2011 08:03:53

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Lostrevel,

Welcome to Muvizu.

Dylly already answered some of these, but here's my take...

1) Isn't this just Happy>strong>Wave

2) Correct - you can't, and this is annoying. However the behavior of actions is a little strange and can be used to your advantage. Say you want to do a "clap hands" animation but cut it short. When recording I would click clap hands then click idle immediately. When you edit the timeline you see a really short clap hands and an idle. It is actually the start of the idle which stops the clap hands, rather than where the end of the clap hands block is, so moving the idle away from the clap hands will increase the length of the animation. Obviously if you move it away further than a full clap hands cycle then the animation will end as if no idle was there. (This sounds confusing but run through it and you'll see what I mean)

3) It doesn't do this, although I believe it is being worked on. Not sure if you did this, but if making a music video, most of us would re-record the vocal part ourselves on a separate track and animate to this. That way you don't have to turn the vocals on and off all the time. We would then just put the original track back once animated.

4) Not sure what this is as they generally work - sometimes the application gets confused and you need to come out and back in, but I thought that was fixed in the latest version.

5) I think you don't have the latest version as this was a problem in the previous one. However the fix was to prevent you being able to save characters with custom textures, so we're no further forward.

6) As Dylly says - use an invisible block or small ground plane.

Hope this makes sense.

Berty
12/12/2011 11:42:24

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi lostrevel,

Welcome to Muvizu and thank you for your feedback.

We are aware of the issues you've reported and a fix is on the way.
Also, there are some improvements we are working on, so keep an eye on the next release.

If everything goes according to plan it should be going live very soon.

Cheers,
Marco
12/12/2011 18:58:18

lostrevel
lostrevel
Thank you all for your help.

@Dylly - I will try out your invisible box trick, thank you for the advice.

@ukBerty - I seem to have missed Happy>strong>Wave will try it out and see how it looks. Also the time lime was not for length but for timing, if you watch the second video above, Lucas (the guy in green) strums every so often, however its getting the timing on the strum perfect, I had to record it 5-6 times to get it right for each one, would have been nice to move it around like we do the voice. And I like your idea for the fix on the vocals and will try it out. Also I am running the latest 64bit version, downloaded strait from the site. Version MZASS-v0.18b - Build 2011.09.20.01R (64-bit)

@Marco_D - I look forward tot he release.
13/12/2011 10:01:26

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
couple of vids that may help

and

Cheers
D
14/12/2011 08:05:10

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
lostrevel wrote:
I had to record it 5-6 times to get it right for each one, would have been nice to move it around like we do the voice.

Lostrevel - I may be missing the point, but can't you just drag the strums around so they fit ? Or is this a looped animation, in which case I don't think you'll get round it.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Some Suggestions...