Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Muvizu won't start

the topic is closed
05/01/2012 13:02:25

haarvik
haarvik
So when I went to load Muvizu this morning, it prompted me for an update, which I did. Now it won't start. All I get is a dialog window stating Muvizu has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.

What gives? No errors in event viewer so I have no idea what to look for. My DirectX is current.
05/01/2012 14:06:33

Luscan
Luscan
Hi Haarvik,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Muvizu. Could you tell us what graphics card you're currently using, what version you were using before the update?

There's a chance that you could be moving from a version that didn't require the new shader model to the version which does that could be causing your graphics card to have some issues. If you think you've got a solid enough graphics card for it then there's a slim chance that something went wrong in the update process. In this case I'd suggest a fresh install of Muvizu which can be downloaded from the download section of our website (http://muvizu.com/Download/)
05/01/2012 14:24:11

haarvik
haarvik
I have an Nvidia 9500M GS. I uninstalled, and am in the process of a fresh install. I'll post the results.
05/01/2012 14:26:55

haarvik
haarvik
Well, that seemed to fix it. not sure what went wrong with the update, but all seems ok now. Thanks!
05/01/2012 14:40:28

Luscan
Luscan
Great. The updater can be a little finickity (technical term, that) sometimes. Glad things worked out
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Muvizu won't start