Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Slow when creating, Fast after rendered

the topic is closed
07/02/2012 12:24:54

Valero
Valero
I am suspecting problem with my graphic card. Once I'm directing character and camera movements and then observing the results of the whole scene everything seems fine, but after rendering the scene and watching the final version it all looks "as if" its moving faster than when I designed it? I know this is not isolate it to Muvizu since I observed the same with other programs I tried out before I found Muvizu. My questions is: Do you think my Video card is too slow? I have an Nvidia quadro FX370 256mb card. on a Intel dual quad runinng at 2.8 , with 8gig. thanks
07/02/2012 12:42:49

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hello Valero,

Indeed it seems your graphics card is holding your system down.

Muvizu uses the Unreal engine technology and 256 MB can limit your work, although it allows you to run software like Muvizu.
I believe that a graphics card with more RAM memory would help you getting a better frame rate.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Marco
07/02/2012 14:37:50

Valero
Valero
Thanks for your great and fast response. I'm up and running getting a new card. (by the way, before deciding to go with Muvizu I tried more than 50 3D software including paid and free and decided on Muvizu because the enormous built in capabilities)
07/02/2012 15:30:34

Marco_D
Marco_D
Valero wrote:
Thanks for your great and fast response. I'm up and running getting a new card. (by the way, before deciding to go with Muvizu I tried more than 50 3D software including paid and free and decided on Muvizu because the enormous built in capabilities)

Thanks for your feedback Valero, it means a lot to us.

Cheers,
Marco
07/02/2012 16:07:03

Valero
Valero
One more question: does the time to render has to do with the graphic card too, or is this
independent of the graphic card?
07/02/2012 17:07:50

Marco_D
Marco_D
Valero wrote:
One more question: does the time to render has to do with the graphic card too, or is this
independent of the graphic card?

The rendering process is directly related to the graphics card.

When you are rendering a video you will notice that the timeline is moving slower than usual. That is working as intended.

The rendering in Muvizu is not like a "real time" rendering used in video games So even with a good video card you will see the marker on the timeline moving slower than when you are playing back what you've recorded.

Cheers,
Marco
edited by Marco_D on 07/02/2012
07/02/2012 20:49:17

Valero
Valero
Thanks Marco; maybe I did not ask the question the correct way. What I want to know is that when I get a faster video card, will that also help make the rendering faster. I did not know if the video card affects this. thanks again
08/02/2012 11:58:49

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi Valero,

A better video card will help improve the rendering times, but probably not by much.

The rendering in Muvizu is slow as it is in many 3D programs. But that allows you to produce high quality videos.
Although if you upgrade you will definitely notice an improvement on the frame rate which will help you work you scenes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
15/02/2012 22:27:05

Valero
Valero
Got my New Graphic card 2 days ago. Now I can move around and do everything at the speed of light. Definition is great. Rendering also improved a bit just as you said. Thanks Marco_D
edited by Valero on 15/02/2012
20/02/2012 15:51:57

Marco_D
Marco_D
Valero wrote:
Got my New Graphic card 2 days ago. Now I can move around and do everything at the speed of light. Definition is great. Rendering also improved a bit just as you said. Thanks Marco_D
edited by Valero on 15/02/2012

Glad everything worked out for you

Cheers,
Marco
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Slow when creating, Fast after rendered