Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? Muvizu withdrawals..

the topic is closed
06/05/2012 12:52:31

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
Am i the only one who finishes an episode or vid and then automatically starts jonesin to get onto the next episode or project ???
I feel like i don't give time to enjoy the work and just want to make more.. Damn you Muvizu for being such an addiction
On a more personal note Dre and I have always wanted to put our stupid humour and ideas on a canvas and never had the money, software or opportunity to do so.
Prior to Tales From Zombietown Dre and myself were lacking direction and focus in our lives, myself even moreso.
With Muvizu, we feel as if we have our first stepping stones to success.
Muvizu has given us the direction and a cause, and for that we can't thank you guys enough.

Sorry for gettin all soppy
JeZZa
06/05/2012 15:32:19

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Not really. I usually finish one, breathe a sigh of relief and walk away from the computer. After a couple of days, I can't wait to get to the next one. (Much to my son's behest.) (It behooves me to use such words as behest.)

My big question for all you moguls out there in Muvizuland, how many (approximately) projects have you worked on that have never seen the light of day? Maybe something didn't work, or it just wasn't right in some fashion. I've counted about 5 of them that aren't working for me. What about everyone else?

Thread Hijack! (Sorry!)
06/05/2012 18:24:03

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Muvizu has given me a direction and focus too skylike. Since I first started using it a few years ago it's pretty much the only software I use. It's the only software that I've found that fits my style and preference of animation perfectly.

Danimal and I create The Garage Band Blues series at a fairly casual pace. We really don't get in too big of a rush to crank out episodes. We bounce around ideas for episodes and when we come across something we like Danimal writes a preliminary script. Once we get a script we like he spends a week or two creating the voice tracks and when he's finished sends the tracks to me. Once I get the voice tracks I spend the next few weeks or so creating the animation. When I'm finished with the animation I post it to the Muvizu site. We then sit back and enjoy the "fruits of our labor" for awhile.

It's a way of doing things that seems to work really well for us.

To answer your question bigwally, I have several projects that haven't seen the "lite of day" yet. I have several more projects that I haven't even started on. Seems to be one of those "too many things to do and not enough time to do them" moments.

The biggest thing I've realized is to just have fun creating animation. If I'm not enjoying what I'm doing what's the point in doing it? I've always loved animation and since I found Muvizu that "spark" has grown a whole lot bigger.
06/05/2012 18:38:53

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
5 movies pending, one in production. Actually, make that 2 in production. Actually, make that 3 because I'm collaborating with another Muvizuer on something else as well... but you're right skylike, it just becomes an almost automatic thing to just go on to the next project without stopping. Long may it continue!
06/05/2012 20:47:53

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I think I have a case of animators block, well not so much block in that no sooner than I finish a sequence then I find a better way or simpler method to improve what I've got in the can so to speak, so I go back to the drawing board and start again.

I get a total buzz from uploading a finished project though and spend a couple of day's recharging the batteries before moving on to the next project.

I have to admit to having too many irons in the fire on occasion and any spare time I do get ends up with me thinking up new projects, ideas or 'get arounds'. Sad to say, last time I went fishing the lad had to give me a nudge as I was so engrossed in thinking of ways around animating the wheels on a 'gig van' I was totally oblivious to my rod tip whipping round and missed a 'bite & a half'.

In fact I've had to go old tech and buy a project notebook, and I mean pen and paper here, with tabbed sections so that I can give each section up to an individual project and when I come up with something new I can jot it down to be worked on. My old system of drawing on the back of cigarette packets no longer works as I've gone on to roll ups, & anyway I couldn't smoke enough cigarettes to keep up with the demand for blank paper.

At the minute I'm working on one film of my own, a collaboration and about six different models, as well as building a Muvizu related website, writing and recording a couple of tutorials.

But then I can't just blame the Muvizu guys either...every time I get a blank and try getting a break some complete plank of a politician does something so sodding stupid I have to start writing and animating about it.

As for projects that have not seen the light of day....erm about...1,2,3,4 oh and the one about...5, and that thing with the...6,7 and the one that does the...8 oh too many!
edited by Dylly on 06/05/2012
08/05/2012 12:56:42

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
In relation to the hi jack of the thred bravo , and in answer to your question, only 1 so far was tested and re tested then chewed on for a little while before being burnt cause it was evil and didnt work.
At no fault of Muvizu mind you, was just slighty beyond our realm of reality.
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? Muvizu withdrawals..