Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback Thread - v0.20b release (May 2012)

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
22/05/2012 09:26:47

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
On it's way - brace yerself

I see what you mean ziggy, had a quick look at it yesterday and it crashed Muvizu on my computer!!

--
Direct, don't animate!
22/05/2012 12:23:56

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hey guys,

When this happens, are the characters standing on top of a stage or objects?

Cheers,
M
22/05/2012 12:40:08

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
The characters are always just standing on the ground, and I have an ATI Radeon HD4350 graphics card.
22/05/2012 12:51:42

Marco_D
Marco_D
Danimal wrote:
The characters are always just standing on the ground, and I have an ATI Radeon HD4350 graphics card.

Thanks Danimal, we are investigating the issue

Cheers,
M
22/05/2012 13:57:25

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Something I've noticed about the 'disappearing' trick - it only happens when movement is involved. Everyone's posts on it always mention movement, and I've only had it happen to me when movement has been assigned to a character. It's almost like the characters are teleporting to the wrong place (but at the right time). Just a fot.
22/05/2012 15:06:57

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
My guy was on a ground plane (chasing a goat - don't ask).
22/05/2012 15:16:28

Marco_D
Marco_D
ukBerty wrote:

Humm!!!

Anyway... We manage to reproduce this without the characters standing on objects/backdrops. It is still a very rare occurrence though.
22/05/2012 16:35:29

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
ukBerty wrote:

Sounds like a must see video!

And I find that once it happens once, no matter how rare, it then happens every time. One time I selected the character and chose "Move to" in the scene window and the whole area went black. I was never able to Move To anything else and even opening new set files kept everything black. I think it really does teleport the character somewhere outside the viewable area.
22/05/2012 16:38:22

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
ukBerty wrote:

Chasing a goat is all above board and legal, it's when you start acting the goat that you have to start filling in legal aid forms and avoiding questions from the local press!Whaaaaa?
22/05/2012 16:49:48

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Marco_D wrote:

Anyway... We manage to reproduce this without the characters standing on objects/backdrops. It is still a very rare occurrence though.

Thankfully I've not had this happen to me... And I've never found myself in pursuit of a goat either incidentally!
22/05/2012 17:05:25

Marco_D
Marco_D
Danimal wrote:
ukBerty wrote:

Sounds like a must see video!

And I find that once it happens once, no matter how rare, it then happens every time. One time I selected the character and chose "Move to" in the scene window and the whole area went black. I was never able to Move To anything else and even opening new set files kept everything black. I think it really does teleport the character somewhere outside the viewable area.

Yep, the character goes underground. If you follow him there you won't be able to return back to the set.
We are gathering all the info we can so we can squash this bugger.

Thanks everyone.
28/05/2012 06:09:12

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Something I've noticed involves the timeline. In older versions of Muvizu I could adjust things pretty accurately by taking the action squares and "snapping" them to the cue points.

For example, when I create an action for a character afterwards I usually slide the characters action square around on the timeline until I get the action timed just right. In the older version of Muvizu I would do this by putting a cue point on the timeline near where I wanted the action to take place and when I moved the square it would "snap" to the cue points position. I'd then move the que point and the square little by little until I got the timing perfect.

I used this method a LOT when I created my musical animations and the results were pretty darn good.

I've noticed in the new version of Muvizu the action squares don't seem to "snap" to the que points anymore. I'm finding it very difficult to achieve the same accuracy with the new version of Muvizu that I had with the old version.

So I guess my "wish list" is to have the ruler marks back on the timeline and to have things "snap" to the que points again.
28/05/2012 21:18:47

ziggy72
What He Said

The thing I really miss from the old timeline was the ability to drag it left and right to find the bits you needed quickly. Now you have to click on it and drag the play marker which is so sluggish and imprecise it's like trying to push a snail up a flight of stairs. Made of jelly.
28/05/2012 21:38:21

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
ziggy72 wrote:
What He Said

The thing I really miss from the old timeline was the ability to drag it left and right to find the bits you needed quickly. Now you have to click on it and drag the play marker which is so sluggish and imprecise it's like trying to push a snail up a flight of stairs. Made of jelly.

Another thing I miss as well!
01/06/2012 18:25:16

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I created a fat man but when I directed the eye's, only one moved. I know this was not meant to happen but it works well as the fat man is old. Maybe it was a one-time thing. Does anyone know?Duhh
04/06/2012 10:06:55

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I created a fat man but when I directed the eye's, only one moved. I know this was not meant to happen but it works well as the fat man is old. Maybe it was a one-time thing. Does anyone know?Duhh

I think I seen your video, well a video on youtube but I can't find it right now. There are a few eyes where one of the pupils won't move. The "Lazy Eye" does this by desgin and the others are severed eye (the one hanging out doesn't move) and war head eye (one eye is replaced with a warhead) and a couple of eyes that don't have pupils to move (zombie eye and fly eyes).

I tried all of the eyes and apart from what I've listed above, they all appear to be working as expected. If you had this with another set of eyes, could you let me know what ones and what you did to get the character? (E.g. created a fresh character in the latest version, opened a saved set from a previous version or maybe loaded a favourited character?).

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/06/2012 22:33:46

ziggy72
Okay, been bugging me for ages - can we please get rid of the empty wastes of the grey bars? What do I mean? Have a look at the current timeline :

Now, here's what I'd suggest :

Also think the time indicator should be bigger too. Thoughts?
09/06/2012 09:44:01

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
Okay, been bugging me for ages - can we please get rid of the empty wastes of the grey bars? What do I mean? Have a look at the current timeline :

Now, here's what I'd suggest :

Also think the time indicator should be bigger too. Thoughts?

I totally agree!!!Logic
09/06/2012 09:52:01

MrDrWho13
Jamie wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

I think I seen your video, well a video on youtube but I can't find it right now. There are a few eyes where one of the pupils won't move. The "Lazy Eye" does this by desgin and the others are severed eye (the one hanging out doesn't move) and war head eye (one eye is replaced with a warhead) and a couple of eyes that don't have pupils to move (zombie eye and fly eyes).

I tried all of the eyes and apart from what I've listed above, they all appear to be working as expected. If you had this with another set of eyes, could you let me know what ones and what you did to get the character? (E.g. created a fresh character in the latest version, opened a saved set from a previous version or maybe loaded a favourited character?).

Thanks, I think that I had a lazy eye. It gives a good effect if you ask me!
10/06/2012 15:11:45

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Okay, been bugging me for ages - can we please get rid of the empty wastes of the grey bars? What do I mean? Also think the time indicator should be bigger too. Thoughts?

Looks like there is room to improve the timeline. Originally, though, the idea was that by making the different sections collapsible this wouldn't be a problem as you could hide the ones your not working with. I guess that doesn't work to well if you asking for extra space to be removed?

What time indicator do you mean? I think there are a few on the timeline.

--
Direct, don't animate!
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback Thread - v0.20b release (May 2012)