Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Animating Objects!!....??

the topic is closed
19/06/2012 07:18:22

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
I had this issue before with the car and now I'm having it trying to use Dylly's Gates...Every time I try to animate objects....in the Prepare mode the objects move and rotate how they are supposed to with the controls, but as soon as I go to Direct mode then things go all over the place. I tried to rotate the gates in Prepare mode adn it was fine...i went to Direct and the gate flew around lie the top part was off it's hinges, so I put gravity at 100% and tried it and when I tried to just "slide" the gate open THEN it rotated!! but I was trying to just slide it behind the fence like it was sliding open (instead of rotating open) left to right without a rotation. I found that in Direct mode I cannot use the Keyboard to move objects for some reason....I have to use the mouse...is THAT the problem or is there going to be a fix in the future for this in Muvizu or ?
this is driving me up a wall...without these issues I would be done with the vid by no; I have been working on this vid for a while now. I had to resort to cut outs and backdrops to achieve the goals I wanted with car driving because of this issue with animating objects... Is anyone else having these problems or is it just me? - EEF
edited by EEFilmz on 19/06/2012
19/06/2012 08:46:34

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Object and camera movement can be a very annoying task. There has been much discussion previously about how to change things for the better. Should there be targets, waypoints, angle constraints etc.

Everyone has an idea about what would be the best solution to the problem.
Hopefully out of all the suggestion, the best one will rise to the surface.

.... I don't think it'll be soon though ( whatever soon is! )
19/06/2012 12:37:47

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
I have never once successfully moved any object in less than 30 takes. You're not alone, it just never behaves like you expect it to. I would suggest that you turn the smoothness all the way off, that seems to really screw everything up.
19/06/2012 16:00:42

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I can do it in around 5 takes, but it looks quite shabby! Damn Computer..
19/06/2012 20:50:24

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
I figured it out now with the gates, here is what I did: I had to select Locked to objcets axis, does not affect directors position, 100% gravity, and as i move each gate hold down BOTH mouse buttons and drag to the left, rewind, and record same way going to the right!...worked perfectly after about 5 takes just to get the timing right. - Thanks all - EEF
19/06/2012 21:34:39

MrDrWho13
EEFilmz wrote:
I figured it out now with the gates, here is what I did: I had to select Locked to objcets axis, does not affect directors position, 100% gravity, and as i move each gate hold down BOTH mouse buttons and drag to the left, rewind, and record same way going to the right!...worked perfectly after about 5 takes just to get the timing right. - Thanks all - EEF

Wow, thanks for the tips
19/06/2012 23:54:21

Danimal
If you're sliding left and right only you can also use the A and D keys. I never use the mouse to try and move an object. I could do a billion takes and never get it right.
20/06/2012 02:11:10

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
@ Danimal, I think that A & D only changed MY POV not move the object for me anyway. So now I got past those hurdles adn now I'm done with everything (been crankin all day and night for I dunno how long now. Now the only question is,...Should I change the Pitch on the Blue Bros Music so it might upload to Muvizu? or should I leave it alone and use the original score?? - any ideas would be appreciated on this since my last vid didn't make it on this site. - Thanks !
22/06/2012 12:47:18

Danimal
If you pitch it up, even just a bit, it will sneak through. I and many others have used that trick to get away with sneaking in music.
22/06/2012 13:18:29

MrDrWho13
Danimal wrote:
If you pitch it up, even just a bit, it will sneak through. I and many others have used that trick to get away with sneaking in music.

hmm, thanks, I think...
22/06/2012 17:24:27

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
LOL Thanks! I'll have to try that. - EEF
28/09/2012 08:03:32

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Danimal, do you have any idea as to how much pitching up is necessary? I tried 3% in videopad and from youtube, i noticed it said it matched 3rd party - I have a vid I don't want the sound to stray far from original, I know it's possible because I've seen some vids on Muvizu that the sound was def alot like the original sound (from music/movies etc) ?
My only goal is get my vids up here on Muvizu and not have to make several versions and do several uploads like i have in the past....it's a pain and sometimes it doesn't work

Danimal wrote:
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Animating Objects!!....??