Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Resources

the topic is closed
08/01/2010 16:05:30

cheekymonkey
cheekymonkey
Here are some links to resources that you might want to use in your Muvziu videos.

Public Domain Assets:

NB: You may need to check the individual license for each asset to ensure that it's 100% public domain.

Software:

If you find any useful links, share them with a link in a reply to this post.
edited by cheekymonkey on 1/8/2010
13/01/2010 11:50:12

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Another free AVI editor is called AVIEdit ( http://www.am-soft.ru/aviedit.html )

Seems pretty good so far, it lets you do fades between videos, scrolling text for your credits and layers.

--
Direct, don't animate!
28/06/2010 15:42:14

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
AVI Synth is a great, free resource that lets you do lots of post process effects in your videos.

www.avisynth.org

--
Direct, don't animate!
26/08/2010 04:31:59

bg38
bg38
Here's a free video editor I use a lot. good for chroma keying and such..
http://www.debugmode.com/wax/
26/08/2010 13:00:46

Than
Than
I'll could add some time into the future some background sound/effects to my project and it's nice to see several PD sites listed.

I wonder if someone here may be able to answer, although there is much sounds/music to download free as PD, would you guys know where I can easily find a selection that is also ok to use in a non-comercial you tube vid without having to seek out the authors permission. Or is that generally what PD means? Could I use PD music on youtube vids for Muvizu without getting creators permission or do I need creators permission.
26/08/2010 13:58:04

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
From Wikipedia:

"Works are in the public domain if they are not covered by intellectual property rights at all, if the intellectual property rights have expired, and/or if the intellectual property rights are forfeited. Examples include the English language, the formulae of Newtonian physics, as well as the works of Shakespeare and the patents over powered flight.In a general context public domain may refer to ideas, information and works that are "publicly available", but in the context of intellectual property law, which includes copyright, patents and trademarks, public domain refers to works, ideas, and information which are intangible to private ownership and/or which are available for use by members of the public."

Generally if you use audio/video/textures from one of these sites you don't need permission - they simply ask that you credit them, for instance you will see the phrase "audio courtesy of the freesound project - www.freesound.org" on many of my videos.

Most countries also have a "Fair Use" policy on copyrighted material - the two most commonly applied types of fair use are parody and review. Again, it never hurts to credit the creators.

To be 100% sure that you can use the material available on these sites it's always best to view the Terms and Conditions - every site is different.

Take care,
-Jim.
edited by glasgowjim on 8/26/2010
23/11/2011 15:41:50

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Ciao a tutti!

I thought you lovely Muvizu users might be interested in a new source of free music.

Moby has generously donated his Music, on a gratis section of his site:

"hi,
i'll keep this brief.
this portion of moby.com, 'film music', is for independent and non-profit filmmakers, film students, and anyone in need of free music for their independent, non-profit film, video, or short.
to use the site you log in(or on?) and are then given a password.
you can then listen to the available music and download whatever you want to use in your film or video or short.
the music is free as long as it's being used in a non-commercial or non-profit film, video, or short.
if you want to use it in a commercial film or short then you can apply for an easy license, with any money that's generated being given to the humane society.
i hope that you find what you're looking for,
moby"

I've signed up and had a rummage through what's available, it's all of very good quality, even if you are not a fan of Moby, there will be something there that you could use.

So if you're looking for a soundtrack to your animation, have a look. There's lots to choose from and, best of all, you can download it free.

Em.
edited by pyrrho on 23/11/2011
18/12/2011 18:03:20

stun48
stun48
Is any difference in quality between 32-bit muvizu and muvizu 64 bits? the final quality of the film is equal?
18/12/2011 19:55:24

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
stun48 wrote:
Is any difference in quality between 32-bit muvizu and muvizu 64 bits? the final quality of the film is equal?

Nope. The 64 bit version's advantage is that it allows you to access memory above the usual 4gb limit, but that's about it - it's the codecs you use that define the final quality. Having said that, there are very few 64 bit codecs available in Muvizu, compared to the 32 bit version... Anyway, unless you use a LOT of imported objects (like myself ) then you'll probably never need the 64 bit version.
19/12/2011 13:57:44

stun48
stun48
Thank's ziggy72. Maybe I will test 64-bit, I think you're right, final codec has the final say ...I am new to Muvizu, and still have many perplexities, but over time will be solved (I think) ...I saw some excellent videos made ​​by talented people ... Muvizul is still at the beginning ... we look forward to new upgrade(improvements)...with new characters and features, but it looks great ... thanks team Muvizu!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Resources