Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Heroes and Villains animation suggestion box

the topic is closed
18/07/2012 12:27:45

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
Hi

Now that you have had a couple of days to play with the new characters, we were hoping to get some feedback on the animation choices and what people feel may be missing or needed for the new characters.

When making movies with them, is there anything that has been particularly lacking? any actions you would love to have at your disposal? Or are they simply perfect?

As with everything in Muvizu it’s an ongoing process and any feedback on this is more than welcome.

kev
edited by freakmoomin on 18/07/2012
18/07/2012 13:25:25

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
I appreciate this is a work in progress but there is no evil setting for them, how can you have master villains called Sinister with no evil setting?

Also having trouble finding a decent point pose for firing the rockets or tracers. If there is one and I've missed it please let me know.

More to come, watch this space.
18/07/2012 13:27:30

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Ok HQ, love the new stuff, all is working well.

Here are my animations needed.

1 - The Big Push, with hands, also a Push with shoulder.
2 - The Big lift ( from floor to above head )
3 - The Big Pull.
4 - Ground and Pound ( kneeling down and smashing ground with fists, LOOPED )
5 - Skidding to a Stop, after running at great speed...
6 - Mid Air kick with and without arms folded.
7 - Mid Air wave when flying.
9 - The Spin throw ( spinning with Bad Guy then throwing him/her )
Think sort of like the Hammer throw.
Some of these might be already there.
Ok that's all
Thanks artpen
edited by artpen on 18/07/2012
18/07/2012 14:06:36

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Well...

There are a lot of great animations to chose from and you have covered nearly all the ones I could think off.

But.. yes there are a few things I can suggest..

1. A neutral pose, Every character has an initial mood that can be set but the ability to change or keep a characters expression as a blank one just isn't there. For the regular characters the workaround of using guitar or keyboard mode has worked but these new guys don't have that option!...A neutral mode is a MUST

2. Bullets bouncing of the chest body effect.

3. Eyebrow position direction. Please, please make this possible. and when you do, why not combine the sliders into two instead of four?
One for both eyebrows up and down with the extremes at either end and another slider for the individual eyebrow movements, left at one side of the slider and right at the other with level eyebrows in the middle.

4. For gods sake, give the big guy a batman style mask, the wee guys are giving him one hell of a time about it!

18/07/2012 14:10:09

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
WozToons wrote:
Also having trouble finding a decent point pose for firing the rockets or tracers. If there is one and I've missed it please let me know.
Are you looking for an end result like this?:

If so, then the "Gauntlet Blast" (found under Animation > Themes > Fighting when preparing character actions) should be suitable for all "gauntlet" effects!
edited by Lev_Dynamite on 18/07/2012
18/07/2012 14:23:12

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Loving the animations for the supers guy's but here are a few requests from moi...

I second artpens pushes and pulls...those would be really useful poses...on the pull side a backwards pull (as in a tug of war pose) and an over the shoulder pull (as in worlds strongest man pulling a truck).

I would like to add some clicking button, pulling levers, operating machinery poses for Sinister...some wobbly poses for Sinister (this guy is going to get the crap kicked out of him on a regular basis & I'd like to show the aftermath of his retribution), and a DOH! slap the head type pose for Sinister for when those evil plans come unravelled.

Now here's some tricky but useful poses...

Sinister & Gwendolin...some kidnap type poses...sinister grabs the girl...she struggles a bit like the old silent movies that involve train tracks, mild bondage & Mrs Mills on the old Joanna!
18/07/2012 18:13:19

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
WozToons wrote:
If so, then the "Gauntlet Blast" (found under Animation > Themes > Fighting when preparing character actions) should be suitable for all "gauntlet" effects!
edited by Lev_Dynamite on 18/07/2012

Thanks, I knew I'd probably missed it. So many choices, so little time.

I still think we need "Evil" and "Neutral" settings as suggested.
If push comes to shove I will settle for "Neutral".
18/07/2012 19:09:52

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Dreeko wrote:
For gods sake, give the big guy a batman style mask, the wee guys are giving him one hell of a time about it!

Isn't that covered by the Cowl option in the character properties? Also, moving the colours for lips and eyeliner to the overall character properties is proving to be difficult to remember, but we'll get there...

My main problem with the new characters is one of character - as in, making a different one. Beefy will always look like Beefy, no matter what you do with the face options, because they are very limited - we don't have the Mr Potato head options of the other characters. Same for the other two - Sinister's nose, in particular, is limited to Worzel Gummage or nothing, really. I appreciate that they are constructed in a different way (one look at the UV maps confirmed that!!) but could we also have the same face options as the old characters and overlay them on the existing features? Heroine is particularly limited face-wise, I feel, because she can either look like the Heroine character, or something from an inbred Ukranian dating agency (hey, why not date your sister? Saves time looking!).

And what happened to the cheekbone options in the previous test versions? At least that let you change the overall shape of their faces a bit, and it worked really well on Sinister I thought. Also, moving the nose up or down on the face changes the character so much, it really does, and not having that option (at all) is a really limiting factor, I think.

Apart from that, it's pretty good
18/07/2012 19:57:57

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
For gods sake, give the big guy a batman style mask, the wee guys are giving him one hell of a time about it!

Isn't that covered by the Cowl option in the character properties?

Only half way Zig! What about the ears man? The ears!!

I do kind of agree with zig about the limitations with creating different faces, although when you look at comics and hero cartoons on telly, the main charater types( which the new guys are) are all very similar in appearance.

Generally though this new morph based system will probably lead to more customisation options and hopefully a spanking facial animation system rivalling source filmmaker!
12/08/2012 16:28:26

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Hi Dreeko. Great lighting tutorials,thank you, but where did you get Batman's Cowl ears? They are not in my version, unless they are very well hidden.
12/08/2012 20:16:25

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hi I have some suggestions but I dont know if they should be limited to heroes and villains

I was/am doing a little muvizu movie and I came up with some things that would have been great to use

1) kneeling (one knee down) to do something on the ground
2) kneeling on both knees
3) sitting crosslegged on the ground all the sits are for a chair

most of the animations were pretty versatile i could interrupt them and pile other animations on top to create a newish move but I thought the kneeling could coupled with some of the other standing animations

kneel and shout to the sky
kneel and hands in front etc

anyhow the kneeling and sitting on the ground was something I missed you can lie on the ground in certain ways get blown about but just no plain sits
15/08/2012 11:21:41

Dreeko
chuckles wrote:
Hi Dreeko. Great lighting tutorials,thank you, but where did you get Batman's Cowl ears? They are not in my version, unless they are very well hidden.

Aha! I wondered who would be the first to ask!

The ears are actually the legs of a pair of rotated glasses!

Tada!
15/08/2012 15:27:04

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Now that's what I call being creative! Well done Dreeko!
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Heroes and Villains animation suggestion box