Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Freeze!

the topic is closed
30/08/2012 07:57:09

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
Having watched some old episodes of Hustle I wondered whether there's any mileage in a freeze-frame button. This would freeze the action of selected items in the scene view but still allow unselected items such as the main character to move about.

Thoughts?
30/08/2012 09:15:02

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I think it sounds great! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it would be possible.Damn Computer..
30/08/2012 10:15:44

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I've kind of done this a few times on various shots, but subtly rather than looking like an effect.

I use AfterEffects to do anything clever like this. Either save a frame and then use a mask, or reshoot the bits you want to move on a greensceen and overlay.

Muvizu is very good at recording a scene with say a character and moving objects and then allowing you to delete things and insert green backdrops to shoot the exact scene again for overlay purposes.

I believe you can do the same in Sony Vegas, but I use AfterEffect as that's what I learnt on.
30/08/2012 12:12:45

simonheffer
I'm thinking as well as the Hustle scenario, there's also the Matrix sort of shot where the camera pans about in the frozen scene to emphasize the incredibleness of the feat the character is performing.
It might also be handy where you want a particular pose to be held by your character - some actions do this some don't. You might also want a pose from the middle of an action.
30/08/2012 15:21:32

MrDrWho13
simonheffer wrote:
the camera pans about in the frozen scene to emphasize the incredibleness of the feat the character is performing.

Speaking of which, I have trouble moving the cameras, eg: circling an object! Does anyone know if there is an easy way to do this?

ps: is this something to do with that Dr Who thing?hmm
edited by MrDrWho13 on 30/08/2012
30/08/2012 16:40:39

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hey DrWho,

To make the camera circle around an object, move the rotation point of the camera and place it in the middle of the the object.
The rotation point is the pink cross you see in front of the camera once you click the direct option.
You can click to select it and then you can move it like an object.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
30/08/2012 18:08:59

MrDrWho13
Marco_D wrote:
Hey DrWho,

To make the camera circle around an object, move the rotation point of the camera and place it in the middle of the the object.
The rotation point is the pink cross you see in front of the camera once you click the direct option.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco

Yes, Thank you!
30/08/2012 20:58:38

MrDrWho13
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Marco_D wrote:
Hey DrWho,

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco

Yes, Thank you!

This may sound stupid, but, how do you move the rotation point cross-shaped-thing?
30/08/2012 21:34:14

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
While you're in Prepare Camera Movement mode, just (carefully) click on the cross and drag it where you want. I say carefully because it's easy to drag the camera instead. Once the pink cross is where you want it, you can get the pan around effect by using the left/right arrow keys when recording. Hope that helps.
31/08/2012 09:30:19

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
While you're in Prepare Camera Movement mode, just (carefully) click on the cross and drag it where you want. I say carefully because it's easy to drag the camera instead. Once the pink cross is where you want it, you can get the pan around effect by using the left/right arrow keys when recording. Hope that helps.

Ok, that's how I thought you did it, but it seems to move the camera, I guess it's trial and error! (mostly error)

Thanks Ziggy!
31/08/2012 11:05:12

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hey guys,

I just want to add that you can also move the rotation point while on "Direct camera movement".
If this is the case you might want to change the Director's start point, from "Locked behind the camera" to "Adjustable"

This way you can move your point of view and click and/or move the rotation point easily.

Cheers,
Marco
31/08/2012 12:44:02

MrDrWho13
Thanks Marco, this finally solved my problem!
31/08/2012 13:52:36

simonheffer
MrDrWho13 wrote:

ps: is this something to do with that Dr Who thing?hmm

Nah, just one of those stream-of-conciousness things - or something beer
31/08/2012 14:52:43

MrDrWho13
simonheffer wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote: