Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Can't make movie

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
15/03/2010 15:01:35

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Hi Jon,

One of my colleagues here had the same problem and reports that it was fixed by un-installing the DivX package and then installing XVid from http://www.xvid.org/.

We're not precicesly sure what's going on here, but there may be an issue with the xvid codec that is part of the DivX package.

If you get a chance to try this, could you let us know if that fixes the problem?

Thanks, Dave.
02/08/2010 20:01:54

barambo
barambo
Hi people!

Actually I have the same problem. I did as you said, installed XVid, but it did nothing. I still have this problem.
I reinstalled Muvizu, but the problem stayed. Maybe there must be something in XVid configurations?
Also the same thing happens, when I try to open Prefs.

Thanks
Sergo
edited by barambo on 8/2/2010
03/08/2010 11:12:22

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi barambo,

I use the following settings with the XVID encoder and have no problems making movies.

Profile @ Level : Unrestricted
Encoding Type: Single Pass
Target Quantizer : 4.0
Target bitrate: 700kbps
Frame #: 0
Weight Quant: W 1.00
Quality preset: General Purpose

I think the main problem can be if you are trying to do a Twopass (either 1st or 2nd) for encode type.

Hope this helps!

--
Direct, don't animate!
03/08/2010 16:11:30

barambo
barambo
Finally I know what was wrong. There was a problem with my Codec.
I installed the newest version of K-Lite Codec Pack and now everything works properly.
Try it Jon and then let me know.
Thanks Jamie. You was wright, my encoding type was on Twopass and I changed it on single. Without this, Codec won`t help.
09/08/2010 11:39:14

richardperks
richardperks
I've a similar problem. I have just started using Muvizu. The moment I go to Make Video the error message "Muvizu has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you in a solution is available". It then closes and I have to restart the programme. I am running Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. I have downloaded and installed Divx and K-Lite as suggested. The problems still is happening. I don't quite understand how to change the Twopass encode type as I'm not fluent with these types of thing so I am unsure if this is the problem. Please could you advise as I'd love to start making movies. Thanks in advance

barambo wrote:
Finally I know what was wrong. There was a problem with my Codec.
I installed the newest version of K-Lite Codec Pack and now everything works properly.
Try it Jon and then let me know.
Thanks Jamie. You was wright, my encoding type was on Twopass and I changed it on single. Without this, Codec won`t help.
09/08/2010 12:12:05

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Richard,

Sorry you are having trouble - is the error occurring after you select your Resolution and Codec? If so have you tried using different Codecs?

Take Care,
-Jim.
09/08/2010 12:44:28

richardperks
richardperks
No, it's happening the moment I click "make movie" where the programme crashes. Just an update. I clicked on the DivX programme I installed and there are 2 options for configure decoder and configure encoder but clicking on either of them comes up with "There was a problem starting xvidvfw.dll. The specified module could not be found"

glasgowjim wrote:
Hi Richard,

Sorry you are having trouble - is the error occurring after you select your Resolution and Codec? If so have you tried using different Codecs?

Take Care,
-Jim.
09/08/2010 14:02:29

richardperks
richardperks
I've found the settings in KLite and it shows one pass in the encoder box. I have also tried installing Windows 7 Codec Pack and this has similar settings. Is there some configuration I shoud be trying ?
09/08/2010 14:34:07

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Richard,

There are two different times that you click on a button labelled "Make Video" - once on the Menu Bar (Video>Make Video) and once on the screen where you can choose your codec and resolution - which one is it?

Although it does sound like you are having trouble with your XVid codec - if you get the error after clicking on the "Make Video" button on the screen with the codecs and resolutions on it could you please try a different codec?

Take care,
-Jim.
edited by glasgowjim on 8/9/2010
09/08/2010 14:41:34

richardperks
richardperks
Sorry, I didn't realise there were two options. It doesn't let me get as far as the second one. It's the first one the Menu Bar (Video>Make Video). As I can't get into the screen to choose the Codec I don't know how to get to the point to be able to change which one it uses. Is it something within the codec pack I need to look at to stop it from crashing ?
09/08/2010 14:49:50

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Richard,

It's a bit difficult to know there are two options when Muvizu crashes before you can get to the second one .

Any time I have had problems with Codecs I have had to uninstall all of my codec packs and reinstall the K-Lite FULL Codec Pack - I know that this is a bit of a pain but it's the only way to make sure that you aren't getting some sort of conflict between different versions of codecs.

You can get the pack from http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_codec_pack_download.htm and it's the one labelled "Download ", but any 3rd party software is used at your own risk.

If this doesn't work please let me know.

Take care,
-Jim.
edited by glasgowjim on 8/9/2010
09/08/2010 15:18:34

richardperks
richardperks
Cool - Thanks for that. I have uninstalled the KLite and Windows 7 Codec packs I installed earlier. I have not installed any others since I recently bought the laptop brand new. I have tried to work out what default codecs are in Windows 7 but can't seem to work out where I would find these out to uninstall them.
09/08/2010 15:24:13

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
I don't think you can remove the default Codecs from Windows 7 - but they shouldn't cause any problems.

Let me know how you get on,
-Jim.
09/08/2010 19:37:13

richardperks
richardperks
I have tried everything now. Uninstalled and Re-installed codecs, uninstalled and reinstalled Muvizu. It all keeps coming down to the same problem really. Everything works until the moment I hit "make movie" on the Menu Bar and the whole thing just crashes. I've tried even the simplest project. I am using a i7 processor that can go up to 2.8Mhz, a 6MB Cache, and I have a 1GB soundcard and it just doesn't seem to like my computer. I look forward to any more suggestions but it looks like I won't be able to use this.
10/08/2010 10:51:42

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
Bugger!!!
im frustrated just reading this thread......
10/08/2010 11:46:48

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Richard,

Could you post a list of your installed video codecs please? You can access it by doing the following:

Open Windows Media Player
Go to Organise > Layout and Left-Click on "Show Menu Bar"
Go to Help on the Menu Bar
Left-Click on "About Windows Media Player"
Left-Click on "Technical Support Information"
Scroll to the bottom and you will see the list of Video Codecs.

If you have any trouble finding this data please let us know,
-Jim.
10/08/2010 14:31:17

richardperks
richardperks
Hi Jim, Thanks for bearing with me on this. Here's what came up :

ICM
Microsoft RLE
MRLE
msrle32.dll
ICM
Microsoft Video 1
MSVC
msvidc32.dll
ICM
Microsoft YUV
UYVY
msyuv.dll
ICM
Intel IYUV codec
IYUV
iyuv_32.dll
ICM
Toshiba YUV Codec
Y411
tsbyuv.dll
ICM
Cinepak Codec by Radius
cvid
iccvid.dll
ICM
Intel Indeo(R) Video R3.2
IV32
ir32_32.dll
ICM
Intel Indeo® Video 4.5
IV41
ir41_32.ax
ICM
Indeo® video 5.10
IV50
ir50_32.dll
ICM
DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Low-Motion
DIV3
DivXc32.dll
ICM
DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Fast-Motion
DIV4
DivXc32f.dll
ICM
DivX 6.9.2 Codec (8 Logical CPUs)
divx
divx.dll
ICM
Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
XVID

ICM
Helix YV12 YUV Codec
YV12
yv12vfw.dll
ICM
ffdshow Video Codec
FFDS

DMO
Mpeg4s Decoder DMO
mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50
mp4sdecd.dll
DMO
WMV Screen decoder DMO
MSS1, MSS2
wmvsdecd.dll
DMO
WMVideo Decoder DMO
WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2
wmvdecod.dll
DMO
Mpeg43 Decoder DMO
mp43, MP43
mp43decd.dll
DMO
Mpeg4 Decoder DMO
MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42
mpg4decd.dll
10/08/2010 14:56:13

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Richard, thanks for getting that - it shows us that your operating system can call up the list of codecs with no problems. I will also compare it to the codecs that our Windows 7 machines have.

Just found out that the K-Lite pack includes a utility for detecting broken Codecs (wish I had known about that earlier) - if you go to to Start > K-Lite Codec Pack > Tools > K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool you can use it.

Make sure the only check-box selected is the "Detect Broken codecs and filters - other fixes"
Click Next
Select all check-boxes
Click Next
Click Yes for any fixes (could be quite a few - I ran it myself and got about 6 broken codecs)
Click Finish
Cross Fingers
Try Muvizu again

Please let me know how you get on,
-Jim
edited by glasgowjim on 8/10/2010
10/08/2010 16:12:07

richardperks
richardperks
Hi Jim,

I've given that a go now. It didn't come up with any broken codecs when I ran it. Do you think it is definetly a codec issue ? I just know that with it not getting past the option to make video and select the codec whether there is another explanation. I did try Muvizu again just now. Same crash again unfortunately.

Richard
10/08/2010 17:00:26

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Richard,

We thought it may have been caused by your machine not being able to generate the list of codecs - but given the fact that you got the list ok and have no broken codecs it must be something else.

The Devs are working on it Richard - as soon as they have something I will let you know.

Just a couple of general questions though:
Can you save the .set file ok?
Have you tried running Muvizu as an Administrator?

Take care,
-Jim
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Can't make movie