Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? comment/feedback re: expo infos

the topic is closed
17/11/2012 00:22:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Hi I am not sure exactly what particular forum to place this on so I will put it here. I actually was listening into all the little presentations even if I could not put my full attention onto it but the muvizu one took place during lunch break so I got to type because we all know I dont post enough as it is right? hehe

Anyhow there were things discussed or semi hinted at etc and I wanted to say something about "commercial reuse". Now I dont claim to be any steven spielberg or some famous person haha but I thought I would put my thoughts down here so as maybe to coax the muvizu people who do stuff like this a bit.

I would like to use muvizu commercially but .....
I live in canada and the idea of signing a contract overseas all be it with very cool people who make neat software does not thrill me because of laws and other things including the fact that you know currency has different values and all that .

Soo I am doing something that well is pretty much a public domain project on an IP that would be a nono for me to make money on.

Anyhow I do have my own ideas sometimes but there are a few issues revolving around commercial use and the muvizu watermark that I would like to avoid so I just well avoid thinking about it and dont do it. Maybe that seems picky I dunno but I feel that because I dont live near you in the same country international law and signing a contract is more headache then its worth to me so if there was a commercial version of muvizu you know with a license and eula regarding ip and ownership and commercial use I would jump at it in a heartbeat.

Anyhow just throwing that out there so as maybe to coax those who have to make these sorts of decisions a bit haha. I like muvizu a lot and can see that its a well cared for piece of software with active customer relations people and a rather large Q.A team among other things. I would like to cast my vote for a commercial license package with an up front price tag. In my case I probably will never make a dime but I like to feel that if I did make a dime I wouldn't have to worry about how to divide the dime and send muvizu their share.

I am pretty much a hobbyist in machinima but once and awhile someone asks me to do something for them and pay me money. I have one offer now from a company that is not for profit and I am sitting here biting my fingernails because I think they want me to do the work in muvizu platform. I dont want to get tied up in red tape though and I am sitting here not sure how to answer them right now.

I noticed I said I dont make a dime and now someone wants to pay me money. Anyhow they want me to make teaching videos for kids but because its time consuming they wanted to pay me a couple hundred bucks as a reward, but being wierd like I am I poised to say "I will do it in iclone if you want to pay me otherwise I have to do it for free"

edit.. omg i wrote a book sorry
edited by urbanlamb on 17/11/2012
17/11/2012 04:11:41

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Yes I am interested in some of the hints that was dropped during the expo myself. Especially when talked about licensing. Maybe they (HQ) will elaborate more for us or give us some ideas that they are mulling over.
17/11/2012 07:47:37

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Damn it - missed it. Anyone any idea where we can listen to it ?
17/11/2012 08:10:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
insomniac here ..

yes they will be posting all the videos from the expo after its over i believe on their livestream feed if its not there already. They archive the stuff from the expo for people to watch later video on demand I think is what its called there

http://livestre.am/13Qtn
17/11/2012 10:08:37

fullmetall
fullmetall

I'll be breaking as usual, but we can talk business when Muvizu will upgrade motor Unreal, this creation is unreal graphics, one day we may be able to do the same thing with Muvizu,
That said hoped to trade or advertising of hits with googleYoutube, presents no interest for me.
I see more as a software trainer Muvizu as an app that commercial, because what happens between now and Muvizu there is a large timing delay, and super hero that does not please the entire planet.
conclude / that money is never an end in itself, and practice Muvizu for fun and games

caution reading I'm not sure of the quality of the translation of my thoughts
@ +
21/11/2012 21:35:48

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol i guess my post was so long winded and boring it made muvizu staff run for the hills.. I dont blame you though I would run away from me too Big Grin
21/11/2012 22:31:52

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I think I understand what you are saying fullmetall and I tend to agree.

I watched the interview with Barry on the expo channel and found it interesting.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? comment/feedback re: expo infos