Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Create Flint Axe

the topic is closed
04/03/2013 09:05:58

rogdodge
rogdodge
I would like to make a flint axe. I have tried sketchup but there is nothing in their archives that is suitable. I did manage a rough attempt using basic shapes but after saving the .ase to muvizu I cannot change the handle to brown and axe head to grey (for the flint effect). The axe is always one colour. I downloaded Blender in a vague hope it would be intuitive. But it isn't. I haven't been able to draw even a basic shape. So, all in all, I am pretty hopeless.

Is there any simple software available that someone with my limited capabilities can use, other than the two mentioned above, whereby I can draw a 3d image and save it as .ase?

Many thanks,

rog
04/03/2013 10:08:18

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Rog,

You are at the point we all get to and with enough tenacity slowly break through. I'm still in the process.

Sketchup is your friend, not your enemy. You will learn to love its ways (I'm telling myself this as much as you).

Open your model in Sketchup and go to window>materials. Press the little house and it lists the materials (i.e. the colours and textures) in your model. It also lists a load of other crap that I have no idea what it is. One of these colours will be what your whole model is painted with. Use the select tool to select just the handle. Then click on one of the colours that is not used (jean blue always seems to be there for me) and you can paint the handle with that colour. Don't worry about the exact colour just as long as they are different colours. Then export again.

When you import you should see two pink blocks now that you can change to different colours.

Hope this helps

Berty
04/03/2013 12:29:33

rogdodge
rogdodge
Thank you, Berty.

I made a trial model within Sketchup. I do not know where else to make one. It had two colours and it worked. But, as I want to make a freehand drawn handle and not the extruded cylinder that I used in my last trial effort and which did not look right, I will keep trying. At least with your help I am on the right track.

Regards,

rog
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Create Flint Axe