Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? How do I Import A Town In Muvizu? Possible?

the topic is closed
15/03/2013 21:20:29

WallabyWanks
WallabyWanks
I have no idea how to import this massive town into muvizu.. is it even possible?

15/03/2013 21:47:00

spex357
spex357
I think if it was possible we will have seen some video's containing them. I can see a lot of faces in your model and i think there is a limit.
15/03/2013 21:52:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
65k is about the limit something like 65,360 or something I forget the exact number so if you can build an entire town with 65k faces and scale it down enough to import and use no collision then theoretically it can be done. I have toyed with the idea of making rooms in as a single object to import but never tried to see what I can come up with.

I have never known sketchup to be able to make low poly models everything I have seen made has been excessively high in polygons with a few rare exceptions but I suppose you can make one if you have the means and will to do so :0

I can make a building 500-1k polygons or if i want to get fancy 4k so not sure how much of a town you could create I think you would need to limit everything to 200-500 max to make anything townlike

you would have to use the "almost no collision" trick of building a tiny collision cube into it because you would have a very hard time importing something that size with full collision.
15/03/2013 21:55:16

WallabyWanks
WallabyWanks
Damn alright ill just pick out some houses and building.. because im trying to setup some sets.. for the characters houses and stuff.. i try to import one building but i get that its either too big or that its positioned out of the world =l any idea what to do from here?
15/03/2013 22:07:18

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Try this topic here

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic2550-max-size-for-import.aspx

Hope that helps.
15/03/2013 22:12:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
to big make the entire thing smaller if it was too many faces it would say it was over the 65k face limit so size the buiding down (shrink it) and you need to be up in the air near the center of the dome it can be tricky so many of us have adopted the habit of making low collision objects

err there is a script you can use to remove all collision from your object
and this thread has the code you can add to your asf files to make them import easily. There is another thread somewhere as well with the importer with that code built in I think but I can't find it now. When I first started I was unsure how collision worked in muvizu and I used the code in this thread until I figured it out when I ran into import issues.
http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic1589-collision-schmollision.aspx

and there is a set created to show you where the "sweet spot" for importing is.

http://muvizu.com/Set/22179/Large-Model-Testing-Set

The physical size limit I think is 30 meters but I am not positive about that one

hehe ziggy typed faster
edited by urbanlamb on 15/03/2013
16/03/2013 16:03:00

WallabyWanks
WallabyWanks
OMG! YES! I did it! I imported my first object. Thanks Guys =) but why did the lady from Sketchup import with my object as together 0.o?
16/03/2013 16:04:02

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
There is a lady in scketchup? cool

sorry I dont know what this means
16/03/2013 21:01:12

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
WallabyWanks wrote:
OMG! YES! I did it! I imported my first object. Thanks Guys =) but why did the lady from Sketchup import with my object as together 0.o?

you have to delete the image of the lady, or she will appear with your model.

urbanlamb, the lady is just a scale thing so you have an idea how big your model will be
16/03/2013 21:03:36

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oh gee see i learn something new everyday I thought "wow they give like some sexy model to do the work in sketchup or something"
16/03/2013 21:08:23

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
urbanlamb wrote:
oh gee see i learn something new everyday I thought "wow they give like some sexy model to do the work in sketchup or something"

LOL if only mate
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? How do I Import A Town In Muvizu? Possible?