Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu:Play (V1.0) Feedback

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed
09/04/2013 19:27:06

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
OK, I think it's time for us to say thanks for bringing out Muvizu:Play!

Thanks Guys! I'm loving the new timeline!
09/04/2013 20:55:39

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Initial thought after a quick mess around - They fixed the eye size problem!! You can animate eye size AND eye movement without them wiping each other out! Dreeko, it's finally happened!! And you can snap to Cue Points if you want - Mysto!! They heard you! Big Grin And Expressiveness actually means what it says - turn it down to nothing, and you have an (almost) neutral expression - brilliant. Also, now the characters have predictable expressions after copying and pasting - so very very welcome...as is having a scale bar relating to size, rather than to...to whatever it was supposed to relate to before

The fonts are still too small, and the Timeline looks tiny on a 1080 display, but the filter is a cool idea and also very welcome. Actually, why are the icons so small? I use the keyboard to control it anyway, but why make the play/stop/record buttons so tiny? I feel some newbies will lose the plot at first sight of the new Timeline (assuming they have good enough eyesight to actually read it, of course )

It's all looking good though, and Rosie has some good looks - lovin' the physics on the hair and clothes, really nice.

One question though - were are the Costumes & Clothes add-ons?
09/04/2013 21:12:03

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Ziggy - they are in assets > content packs

they can be accessed via Tools > content packs
edited by toonarama on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 21:14:44

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
just finished quickly playing with it and I wont be redoing my present video but was playing with the new stuff

the little textures for the regular original characters are kinda nice. Rosie is nice she has so many different 'sits' something I had missed on the other characters and liked her moving hair and um small jiggle in the chest area *cough* and the tie on her uniform is also way nice.

I liked the timeline, but when I loaded a set in it had all the objects on the entire set on the timeline so I spent about half an hour unchecking all the boxes as there was no way that I could see to simply clear all object or all characters with a single click. Liking what i see so far with the exception of what happened when I loaded a set I was working with the other night. When I hit filter it has everything on the timeline I dont know if that is because it was an old set or not.

Rosie is way fun for sure!

I downloaded the costumes afterwards I didnt see it install but once I found them I found them fun saves me some texture work!

Not really seeing the price structure as working it set up with the assumption that everyone is going to be making a lot of money or very few videos I guess I found it rather high in price which saddens me so I had another project planed which I had hoped to move into muvizu unfortunately it will be staying with iclone because my pockets are simply not that deep
edited by urbanlamb on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 21:28:15

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
After a quick look around the new Muvizu:Play! I have to say that I'm impressed! There seem to be quite a few obvious changes as well as many subtle changes too. Snap to que points, snap to events AND snap to time??? WOW! Things just keep getting better and better!

Well done team Muzivu! rock on Toast
09/04/2013 21:29:04

ziggy72
toonarama wrote:
Ziggy - they are in assets > content packs

Ah, so they are, thanks Toon - I thought when I downloaded the Full version of Muvizu it included all the content packs. Off to meddle
09/04/2013 21:38:37

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Lovely update, fast and smooth Bump
09/04/2013 21:51:12

MrDrWho13
Great comments guys, I love all the positive feedback for Muvizu:Play.

Keep the feedback coming!

Ps. I also love the snapping in the timeline.
Also, thanks for fixing my eye beams problem for beefy!
09/04/2013 22:29:12

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
An unexpected surprise when i got home today, thank you muvizu had a bit of a play with it. looking good so far but just one gripe...... why have you changed the watermark? this new one looks a bit pants Big Grin
edited by fazz68 on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 22:51:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
An unexpected surprise when i got home today, thank you muvizu had a bit of a play with it. looking good so far but just one gripe...... why have you changed the watermark? this new one looks a bit pants Big Grin
edited by fazz68 on 09/04/2013

pants eh?
well actually even though its a bit pants in its defense if your like me and put the footage into a video editor and want to use pan and crop its easier to duplicate now so that its not all over the place

other then that yeah I agree i liked the old one
09/04/2013 23:07:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
oh yes mate pants the old one one had a bit of style to it, this one just looks rubbish Big Grin
10/04/2013 00:04:12

ziggy72
One more thing - thanks for adding the 'hands behind the back' pose as Handcuffed, but I really need it to work on a sitting character. Is that do-able? Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?
10/04/2013 00:18:12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
The timeline is a bit hard to work with at the moment I am unchecking all the objects in my set one by one (i can see no other way) it seems to upon loading the set load eveything into the timeline each time even if you uncheck everything and save it that way the next time you load the set you have to sit there and uncheck all the boxes again (time consuming it is)

I am redoing one scene with the handcuffs as I found that animation.

Unfortunately as I said above and as ziggy said. If you make videos as a "small timer" we are not huge enterprises here the price tag for me to produce a 20-30 minute video in canadian dollars is (at the sale price) 300 - 450 pounds sterling which is about 750-1125 canadian dollars and maybe 20 dollars less in USD. At regular price its 1,500 - 2250 canadian dollars this is assuming there are no outtakes and I am able to do camera cuts precisely inside muvizu which is entirely unrealistic. I tend to export several camera cuts per take so i am looking at something like 5k to produce my 20-30 minute videos which might possibly make me a couple hundred bucks total :/

I know muvizu is way cool but these are not realistic prices
This is a tad disaapointing but I suppose for a one time pixar special that is going to be sold at the box office its a great deal :/

re: website i dont know if this is a typo or true (havent tried it yet)
- Max set file size: 25MB
- Max 3D asset size: 25MB
however 25mb for a set file is well way small :/
edited by urbanlamb on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 01:31:15

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
In the interesting video on the homepage there are a couple of interesting things including sketches of horses and a walking M&M. I don't seem to be able to find them in this version.

I think I may have discovered a bug.

If you add custom textures to items of clothing via that item's menu, e.g. skirt texture, the textures do not appear in the ( in use ) tab until you deselect and reselect ( in use ).
edited by WozToons on 10/04/2013

After further use there is definitely a problem with the ( in use ) option and imported textures. You have to click in and out of it to get it to work.
edited by WozToons on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 04:31:08

dazza101
dazza101
Wow. I am downloading Muvizu Play at the moment, but I am feeling a little shell-shocked at the prices for removing the watermark. CAN$23 per minute of video? Really? That makes it unaffordable for mere mortals like me. I think I will stick with iClone for now. Their content is high priced, but I create my own content and no watermarks to deal with. I suspect the pricing structure of the business use of Muvizu may need a little "tweaking." I hope so anyway...
10/04/2013 05:58:19

Nahton
Nahton
I used to be able to successfully run an older version of Muvizu and before trying Muvizu Play I tried to launch it and it crashed and generated a Windows error report. I downloaded Play hoping getting the latest and greatest would resolve the problem and launching it generated the same behavior. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers recommended by my OEM and the older version used to work. Is there a log file I can send for troubleshooting or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
edited by Nahton on 10/04/2013
edited by Nahton on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 07:13:57

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
All going well so far.

Just a couple of things.......

• Urbanlamb is right - I would like a deselct all on the timeline filter - most things don't need to be there.
  • There does seem to be a little bug do do with focus. Sometimes when saving or particularly going to another application, when I return to Muvizu the mouse no longer moves you around the set. All you need to do is hide and display the timeline again and it comes back.

Just thought I'd better report it.
10/04/2013 08:10:54

ukBerty
The undo feature now returns you to the same state - i.e. camera movement or whatever - thanks so much for this.
10/04/2013 08:36:26

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
One more thing - thanks for adding the 'hands behind the back' pose as Handcuffed, but I really need it to work on a sitting character. Is that do-able? Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?

Well, lets hope that you make lots of cash with it when you sell it to Pixar or something! ;-)
10/04/2013 08:51:48

ukBerty
I'm afraid I have my first serious problem with "Play", and it is of course a set compatibility issue.

I cannot animate actions for any characters brought forward from sets made in 23b. In prepare mode the animation fires, but nothing happens in direct mode.

If I copy and paste the character then the direction works again, but all movement and actions seem to be lost (is that right Ziggy - I thought they came over with a copy now ??).

Obviously I have about 40 mins worth of sets made with 23b and it would be a shame if I could not edit them in PLAY.

Bum.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu:Play (V1.0) Feedback