Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Processes still running after closing program

the topic is closed
13/05/2013 23:20:11

mungy
mungy
After closing the program and starting it up a little later several times, I noticed my computer starting to lag. I investigated the processes in task manager and discovered I had quite a few of instances of muvizu still running taking up 6gb of my 8gb of memory. Is this a known problem?

My OS is Windows 7 64bit.
13/05/2013 23:24:36

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Yes, it is. It was reported a few weeks ago. I'm not aware of any further news.

It doesn't seem to happen with my machine which is Win 7 64bit as well. I always save manually and then just quit instead of using "save and quit", whether that has anything to do with it I don't know.
edited by WozToons on 13/05/2013
13/05/2013 23:29:06

mungy
mungy
WozToons wrote:
Yes, it is. It was reported a few weeks ago. I'm not aware of any further news.

It doesn't seem to happen with my machine which is Win 7 64bit as well. I always save manually and then just quit instead of using "save and quit", whether that has anything to do with it I don't know.
edited by WozToons on 13/05/2013

thank you
14/05/2013 06:07:44

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I reported it a while ago but as no one else had this I thought it was just me.

I'm also Win7 64bit and it happens even if launch muvizu, don't load a set and immediately quit !

Have turned off AV and still it won't close properly.
14/05/2013 07:14:06

mungy
mungy
ukBerty wrote:
I reported it a while ago but as no one else had this I thought it was just me.

I'm also Win7 64bit and it happens even if launch muvizu, don't load a set and immediately quit !

Have turned off AV and still it won't close properly.

Just tried this with the same results.
14/05/2013 17:14:54

mungy
mungy
Just installed muvizu 32 bit and it closes down gracefully with no hanging processes.
15/05/2013 18:09:31

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
Glad to hear this is no longer an issue for you, mungy! ukBerty - are you still having problems with the Muvizu process not terminating properly when you close the app, or has this cleared-up for you too...?

Also, just out of curiosity, this question for both of you (as well as anyone else who may have had this problem)... Did it ever happen with Muvizu:Play (v1.0)? Or just with older versions of Muvizu?
15/05/2013 18:20:07

mungy
mungy
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
Glad to hear this is no longer an issue for you, mungy! ukBerty - are you still having problems with the Muvizu process not terminating properly when you close the app, or has this cleared-up for you too...?

Also, just out of curiosity, this question for both of you (as well as anyone else who may have had this problem)... Did it ever happen with Muvizu:Play (v1.0)? Or just with older versions of Muvizu?

Muvizu 64 bit still hangs. this is with muvizu play, I only discovered muvizu a few days ago Big Grin
15/05/2013 20:18:37

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Lev_Dynamite wrote:

Still happening as described I'm afraid. Started with the first version of Muvizu:Play and the versions since. Never happened on 23b or before.

Sounds like Mungy would still have the issue on the 64 bit version.
16/05/2013 10:39:47

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
Thanks a lot for your feedback, guys. We were actually obtusely aware of this bug, as it had been reported as happening once to one person in the office in the past, but we couldn't reproduce it and never saw it happen again. I will pass your message along to the devs and hopefully with the help of your info we can get to the bottom of what's causing Muvizu.exe to persist after the app is closed for some people!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Processes still running after closing program