Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Visual C++ Issue

the topic is closed
26/07/2013 08:41:28

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello

Since installing one of the latest versions of Muvizu I have started having problems opening other processes on my computer.

For example when I try and open Iclone I get the message "mfc100u.dll" is missing.

Searching the web seems to suggest this is an issue with Visual C++ and the recommended action is to install the latest service pack 1.

So, my questions are.

A) which version does Muvizu use
B) which version gets installed by the installer
C) will downloading the Service pack 1 cause me issues with Muvizu

Thank you

Toonarama
26/07/2013 10:54:40

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Hi toonarama,

The version that gets installed is the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package Service Pack 1". Specifically, the version number we install is "10.0.40219.1", which I believe is the one you're talking about installing to fix the problem.

I don't have any specific advice on how to fix this, as it's Microsoft's component and not ours, but I'm lead to believe that installing any version of the redistributable *shouldn't* affect any previous versions. However, these things are often complicated and depend on a huge number of factors.

So, in summary, I think you should go ahead and try it. I'm 99% sure that it won't break Muvizu.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
26/07/2013 11:03:50

toonarama
Thanks Neil

On that basis i might try installing the 32 bit version of Muvizu - i currently have the 64 bit version installed - as the processes i am having problems with are 32 bit.

Thanks

Mick
31/07/2013 21:52:22

toonarama
Neil

Reinstalling Muvizu 32 bit solved the issue - thanks for your help!
01/08/2013 09:57:55

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
toonarama wrote:
Reinstalling Muvizu 32 bit solved the issue - thanks for your help!

Glad to hear it, thanks for reporting back.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Visual C++ Issue