Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Paint tools don't work as expected.

the topic is closed
07/11/2013 05:22:10

primaveranz
primaveranz
I have several buildings and I want them all the same colour. So I select them all, choose edit properties and change the colour.
Only one of them changes. So I select the others one at a time and try placing the "dropper" over the correct one to copy the colour. The new one changes colour to something between the old colour and new, not what I want. why?

In the end I have to select each building in turn and set the drop down boxes to have the same values for RGB.
07/11/2013 05:37:38

primaveranz
primaveranz
Ok I realise now that I need to "Group" the buildings before painting, but my query on the eyedropper remains.
07/11/2013 10:04:13

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
The dropper samples pixels on the screen, rather than the colour of the object under the mouse. Therefore, it'll be affected by lighting and shadows, etc.

The easiest way to copy colours between objects is to "drag and drop" the colour from one property to another...

When you edit an object, a dialog appears with all the object's properties appears. The object's colours are shown as rectangles with the colour inside them. Move your mouse over that colour and hold down the left mouse button. You can now drag that colour over to another of those rectangles and let go of the mouse button to drop it onto the new one.

I hope that helps.
07/11/2013 20:37:47

primaveranz
primaveranz
Neil wrote:

I hope that helps.

Yes it does, thanks Neil.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Paint tools don't work as expected.