Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Change Clothes?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
19/11/2013 10:15:33

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Is there a way to make a character change clothes in the free version (as in, they're wearing one thing in one shot, you cut away for a second, come back and they're wearing something else)? I know I could render the first shot, swap outfits, then render the second shot separately, but I was wondering if there was any other way to accomplish this. Also, as long as I'm asking questions, is there any way to transform one character into another (like if I wanted a guy to change into a monster)? Again, I realize I could do two separate shots with a third in between, but I was hoping to be able to actually show the transformation if possible.
edited by LugofilmLtd on 19/11/2013
19/11/2013 17:56:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
there is no way to show a transform you will need to use stop motion for this sort of thing and try to mimic a transform

for clothing you can edit the uvtextures that go with the characters make new clothes and save the characters to your favourites and when you want them to transform you need to use seperate shots leave the character in place and go to the favourites menu and change him using that and take another shot (this will only work for characters using the same model however). If your changing character types you will need to replace the character with the new type being careful not to move his position and take some more shots.

The transforms in muvizu are done using video editing we have no morphing tools or anything
17/12/2013 01:43:29

mminieri
mminieri
Some effects can be simulated as follows;

• Create one or more DUPLICATE CHARACTERS identical except for the properties that you want to change in the course of the timeline.
  • Prepare all copies of the character so that VISIBILITY can be animated.
  • Start the duplicate copies as NOT VISIBLE on the timeline.
  • Position the duplicates exactly as the original at the point on the timeline when you want the change to occur.
  • At the transition point, make the original version NOT VISIBLE and the changed copy to become VISIBLE at the same moment.
Won't solve all situations, but hope it helps in some situations.
edited by mminieri on 17/12/2013
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Change Clothes?