Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Polygons a "study" :)

the topic is closed
21/11/2013 06:43:59

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Dunno where to put this but spent the evening on this wierdness. I felt like re-remembering scultping and how to do retopology so I thought I would post the result for any of the curious on how one uses sculpting and how it relates to animation and such. So I did a quick not so great sculpt of some dudes head.. He is a cross between a chinaman and an alien I think. Its from inside my pea brain .. Then I did retopology and then from that low poly retopology I created a medium resolution head. I would probably fart with the polygon count on the medium resolution head if I were to use it on a body because its a bit on the high end.. Anyhow so here is the results for what its worth. I did this for fun.. yes i am wierd :P

23/11/2013 18:00:15

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I found these on youtube and watched them and they actually made sense so I thought I would add them here as basically I used these methods to create this stuff above (apparently some people are finding my wierd posts useful if anyone wants to move it to the wiki feel free I simply am not a wiki person I dont like the format ... )

How to sculpt a human head (more or less) in blender easy to follow tutorial

Basic method of retopology

Some extra stuff I discovered as a result of watching this video on retopology as blender has improved its topology tools when I was not looking .. a bit hard to follow for the new user but it gives an idea anyhow

23/11/2013 22:26:33

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay here is a shall we say another example of how I can apply that stuff in muvizu.

I created some "hair" kind of muvizu style since we dont have the ability to create hair that moves I did a hair sculpt for a project I am working on for muvizu I then created a low poly copy and generated a normal map using the detail of the hair sculpt and applied it to the smooth horrible detail shape this is the result inside muvizu. I didnt really make a texture its just I turned on the lighting and so all that detail is normal map with a flat square texture on top.

I gavexnormal a test run for this but normally I would use crazybump because well i like it better

edited by urbanlamb on 23/11/2013
23/11/2013 22:27:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
and here is the tutorial I used that was easy enough that even I could figure it out lol on youtube for xnormal

23/11/2013 22:44:37

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hair is awesome
23/11/2013 22:46:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
haha yes one day i will make another video if i can stop trying to make assets in order to experiment on muvizu characters. Here a quick test it needs work still but well you get the idea

edited by urbanlamb on 23/11/2013
24/11/2013 00:39:52

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
cool more things to put on my must learn list Big Grin theres just not enough hours in a night for me to do all these things Big Grin
24/11/2013 01:11:48

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
cool more things to put on my must learn list Big Grin theres just not enough hours in a night for me to do all these things Big Grin

fair warning its true you can't get normal maps directly from blender into muvizu and will need to find a work around but if people ask me nicely and create items in blender with a set of maps I can slap them on for them its not hard really as long as all the collision is built into the item already and I dont have to think I can slap maps on while i watch tv or something

or you can manually edit the file I am sure its not that hard once you figure how
24/11/2013 01:37:28

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
once ive finished my movie ive made a promise to myself to sit down and learn all this stuff and im on the home stretch now with the movie so i'll have more time to play around with blender and all the other gubbings ive installed Big Grin but no doubt i'll find another distraction to stop me Big Grin
24/11/2013 10:42:12

snoopylino
snoopylino
also i would like to create hair in blender - and I can not make it, it's so hard.
if I see how great you're doing, I am always amazed at what you can so everything - super
I need for it certainly still weeks or months;-)
24/11/2013 18:41:04

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Give yourself a year before you can know the workflow and understand the tool well enough to make something and not struggle. Your working with a complicated tool which no matter what they do is going to be scary on the first look. Its only knowledge though and anyone with the will and time can learn it. If you can read and move a mouse and at 2+2 you can learn. There is this shall we say this inner group think perpetuated by very young types who like to make things more complicated then they are its an ego thing but its not really anymore complicated then anything else.

I am however a curious type I mean how many people do you know would purposely purchase a volkwagen just to take it appart and put it together to remove the mystery involved in fixing them because the guys at vw were making things seem more complicated then they needed to be. I walked away and said "men" and then went on a mission to learn to repair my vw myself. So its a type of personality I think that some people have they like to know what makes things tick.

Anyhow its only knowledge if you can read a book and remember what is inside it you can learn blender or anything else
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Polygons a "study" :)