Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Mistletoe and Muvizu - Competition Time!

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
03/12/2013 18:23:14

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
It’s Christmassssssssssssssssssss! Well nearly.
And tis indeed the season to be jolly and do we have a jolly good Christmas competition for you? We do indeed.
Do you hate the taste of envelopes and the boring duty of writing out your Christmas cards as much as we do? Well, walk this way. <Does comedy walk and looks over shoulder to make sure you’re all doing it too.>

This year, not only can you get your mitts on a Muvizu:Play+ licence – a great gift if you already the proud owner of one or an awesome way to get the most out of Muvizu if you don’t - but you'll also put yourself in the running to win a cuddly Muvizu blob mascot. All you have to do is create a ‘Christmas Cracker Joke’ using Muvizu.
We’ve made the competition this year a little bit easier to be sure everyone can have a go. We’ve created a blank scene that can be downloaded and we’ve also pre-recorded a few jokes for you too to kick things off (if you’re feeling confident, feel free to record your own) all you have to do is direct your joke of choice then upload it to our site – don't forget to share it with your friends and family too!
So check out our competition page and get started! You have until Christmas Day!
You could be the lucky one kissing a cuddly Blob mascot under the wilting mistletoe this January! Imagine...
Good luck everyone – have fun!
04/12/2013 01:20:27

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay this is something I can wrap my head around maybe i will record my own joke or something though. I really should do something with my brand new piece of software other then just play with the attachement option Big Grin
04/12/2013 15:09:37

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
We've already got one bang-on-the-money entry from simonheffer!:

A great start! I'd just have posted this as a comment if it wasn't for the fact it requires me to convert my YouTube account to a Google+ account, so here's his praise in this thread instead. Stick Out Tongue
04/12/2013 16:39:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
How are the best videos chosen?
04/12/2013 17:40:15

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
They're not! This is purely for your own personal satisfaction and the joy of sharing a Christmas giggle (and how clever and creative you are) with those you care about.

Prize winners names will be drawn from a hat! (or the digital equivalent)
04/12/2013 18:15:04

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Carole wrote:
They're not! This is purely for your own personal satisfaction and the joy of sharing a Christmas giggle (and how clever and creative you are) with those you care about.

Prize winners names will be drawn from a hat! (or the digital equivalent)

Ah cool!
06/12/2013 00:58:50

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Here's my entry. Enjoy!:
06/12/2013 03:04:40

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I think I'll have a crack at this one! Looks like fun!
11/12/2013 14:36:16

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Loving the Christmas Cards we've had in already!

The possibilities are endless. Great to see folks pushing the dog intro and outro as far as they can. Some cool cracker explosions.

Was hoping for more newbies to see this as their first chance to really get a feel for Muvizu and deliver something finished relatively easily.

Come on guys - dive in there and give it a go.

I'm going to try a few myself at the weekend. Brace yourselves...
13/12/2013 04:15:33

primaveranz
primaveranz
I can't upload my entry to YouTube. Just keep getting an error message saying "try later".

Can't I use Vimeo instead? Like most of the world now - I hate YouTube
13/12/2013 13:47:34

Kimberley228K
Kimberley228K
primaveranz wrote:
I can't upload my entry to YouTube. Just keep getting an error message saying "try later".

Can't I use Vimeo instead? Like most of the world now - I hate YouTube

Uh oh!

To be entered into our competition you have to upload your video to the Muvizu Gallery. Connect your Muvizu account with your YouTube and it will upload to both when you upload through Muvizu. Big Grin
13/12/2013 19:22:36

primaveranz
primaveranz
Kimberley228K wrote:

To be entered into our competition you have to upload your video to the Muvizu Gallery. Connect your Muvizu account with your YouTube and it will upload to both when you upload through Muvizu. Big Grin

I don't use YouTube any more, so how do I upload from Vimeo to your gallery? It keeps asking me for a YT login.
14/12/2013 12:33:23

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Quick question. Does altering the bumpers (the beginning and the end parts, with the dog) disqualify your entry, or is it okay?dunno
14/12/2013 12:36:05

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Carole wrote:
Great to see folks pushing the dog intro and outro as far as they can.

So, I'm guessing that modifying the intro and outro is okay.
I wanted to be clear on this.
14/12/2013 13:03:25

snoopylino
snoopylino
and here is my first contribution for Christmas for you - and my first ever in Muvizu;-)
have beautiful christmas days ;-)

15/12/2013 05:05:08

primaveranz
primaveranz
Ah right.....so you can't upload to the Muvizu Gallery unless you use YouTube because it is just a YouTube channel?

So you need a YT account and therefore a Google+ account (if not now then soon).

Showstopper
edited by primaveranz on 15/12/2013
16/12/2013 05:20:27

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)

merry christmas
16/12/2013 09:29:22

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Yup. You can of course be as creative as you like with the dogs as long as the boards are in there.

Look forward to seeing what you create!

bigwally wrote:
Carole wrote:
Great to see folks pushing the dog intro and outro as far as they can.

So, I'm guessing that modifying the intro and outro is okay.
I wanted to be clear on this.
16/12/2013 10:41:47

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Congratulations. Really nice first production. Hope you enjoyed making it!

snoopylino wrote:
and here is my first contribution for Christmas for you - and my first ever in Muvizu;-)
have beautiful christmas days ;-)

16/12/2013 23:35:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I dont see a deadline.. now that i got that other christmas cheese out of the way I have now a new idea to replace the old idea that should not give me a headache.. just hope i am not too late

i would like a muvizuzu blob thingy ..
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Mistletoe and Muvizu - Competition Time!