Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Objects that ignore the physics engine and fantasy

the topic is closed
13/08/2010 13:29:30

Than
Than
A couple of suggestions, just suggestions, not must haves as the product is already fab. And I know you guys must be very very busy.

1) Objects that ignore the physics engine. What I mean is a setting on each object that you can click where by the object won't colide with other objects but will instead intersect with them.

2) Fantasy objects and characters such as:
Swords,
Shields,
Helmets,
Armor,
Dragons,
Orcs,
Trolls,
Elves,
Dwarfs,
Warrior,
Barbarian,
Wizard,
Etc....

There's a lot of fantasy comics currently on the web, with some good humour. With the likes of Harry Potter, Lord of the rings the mountain of other fantasy movies and books and all the RPG games, fantasy is an area as big as Sci-Fi and is a good subject for some very funny animation humour.
13/08/2010 14:17:43

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Than,

There are a few of us that would like to see intersecting objects - we saw it being used in the Halo Reach: Forge World and the overwhelming reaction was "Ooooh Shiny!" - it's not in the pipeline at the moment but it is something that would be pretty cool.

Fantasy objects are a great idea - one of the Artists, Alex, really, really wants to do it - the lead Artist is off so I can't say if it will be done - but judging by Alex's reaction the chances are pretty good.

Take care, and if you have any more please let us know.
-Jim.
13/08/2010 17:29:13

Than
Than
Thanks and cool, seems you guy's want the same things in it I do

I know it's hard to get all the features you want, I developed a web grid mapper for play by post games at http://www.pbpmap.com/demomaps/demomaps.php so I know the effort trying to please everyone
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Objects that ignore the physics engine and fantasy