Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? REQUEST: Small Town Main Street Set

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
31/07/2014 19:15:49

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Hi all! I've begun a collaboration with someone I met on another forum and if anyone here is willing, I need a set made. The story we're working on takes place in a small, isolated country town and there aren't any preexisting sets that fit what I'm looking for. I need a "main street" with five or six buildings on each side and a couple of alleys in between the buildings. If anyone's interested in doing this, I'll be sure to include your name in the credits.
31/07/2014 21:19:55

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
urbanlamb has a one horse town set that could probably be adapted for your needs.
http://pixel-junkies.org/shop/index.php?id_product=13&controller=product&id_lang=1
its not on this site but is still a muvizu set. be warned its a huge set.
edited by fazz68 on 31/07/2014
31/07/2014 22:06:36

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Thanks! This looks like exactly what I need. However, it won't let me download it. I tried twice and both times, it stopped at 110MB. Any idea what the problem is?
31/07/2014 22:18:56

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I know it works but the backbone is well its a tiny virtual server you might need a download manager as I have not checked how much bandwidth I get lately. I just got an email from my host about cloud storage so I might have to stop long enough to do some work on the site anyhow let me know if it wont download and unzip I can try to upload it to dropbox for you temporarily . It should be a zip file 110 mb sounds about right its possible i mis-typed it or something.
31/07/2014 22:27:58

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
no your mb size is correct mate. it does download ok, i downloaded it a few weeks ago. failed the first time but went through ok the second time. but my broadband does have a habit of suddenly switching off when it feels like it. so i put the failed download down to that.
31/07/2014 22:38:36

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
My server is in the central US if that helps so if your in the UK its probably gonna give you some issues. Last time I checked the files they all looked fine so its probably a bandwidth issue. (On both ends they keep trying to get me to move to a better server type lol but i am a cheap so and so and keep saying 'next year' and i just renewed my fees for the year and decided to not move to a better server again..)

One day they will be tired of putting up with me and demand I move I guess but so far its been 5 years on that server maybe I can squeeze another year or two before they complain and threaten to boot me unless i move to a dedicated package..
edited by urbanlamb on 31/07/2014
31/07/2014 22:52:23

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
I tried downloading it again, but it still says the same thing, "cannot open OneHorseTown.zip as archive". Won't let me open it, won't let me extract it. And I'm in the southeast US, if that helps.
31/07/2014 23:28:32

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
do you have a copy of winzip? you might need that to unzip it. I dont remember if i made them *.rar or *.zip but i did use winzip to make them smaller (its a free download) dunno that is all i can think of is that i am pretty sure i used winzip or winrar software instead of the native windows zip but it should not make a difference.

my winzip is ancient try these http://www.oldversion.com/windows/winzip/
edited by urbanlamb on 31/07/2014
31/07/2014 23:51:19

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
I use 7zip since that works with all kinds of archive files. Does that make a difference? It's never given me trouble before. I tried opening it with windows explorer and it said the file was invalid.
01/08/2014 00:45:05

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay i just downloaded it and its 242 mb so you only have half (one horse town?) so your isp is messing with you. I am in Canada even though the server is in the US I dont care they are good to me and its central in north america. Anyhow it downloaded very quickly and unzipped fine so its something not letting you complete your download.

these are "mega sets" its my way of filing things away I build these huge sets and then use bits and pieces as needed in this way if i need an overhead shot or something I have the master copy for that.
01/08/2014 02:40:33

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
It says I've reached the maximum allowed number of downloads. Should I bother going through the whole process to try again?
01/08/2014 14:09:52

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
I'm not sure what exactly might be causing this but as was mentioned earlier a download manager might help. https://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/64/download-managers
01/08/2014 16:24:36

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
I installed Free Download Manager and tried it again and it's still stopping at 110MB. The in-program log says "connection to server was lost, server does not support download resuming". What should I try next?
02/08/2014 01:33:00

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I will put it on dropbox but its probably the size and bandwidth I have that download limit to prevent kiddies blowing my bandwidth I will upload it to dropbox tonight and post the link here. If your getting connection lost your timing out somehow so I am unsure if moving it to dropbox will help but I will give it a shot if that does not work I am out of ideas. Sounds like your isp is throttling you back.

here is the dropbox link just right click here and select save link as

hope that helps if its still giving you trouble you might want to check your isp and make sure your not running any software that blocks stuff (firewalls, antivirus etc )
edited by urbanlamb on 02/08/2014
02/08/2014 04:05:09

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Thanks for all your help! I finally got it to download fully. I ran an online program to test whether my ISP was blocking downloads and it said they weren't. On a hunch, I ran a system restore and rolled it back to a few days ago and that fixed the problem. The bad part is that probably means I caught a virus and there's no way of knowing where I caught it since a lot of the time (at least in my experience), they like to hide in the ads on completely normal websites I visit every day. Sigh.
02/08/2014 16:45:57

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay glad you got it yeah sounded like something was blocking it. I dont go to a lot of websites to be honest i am pretty careful. My stuff is virus free if its not feel free to yell at me lol. I will apologize profusely.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? REQUEST: Small Town Main Street Set