Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Don't think I'll make it...

the topic is closed
26/08/2010 10:30:04

Hermit
Hermit
There's only a few more days until the deadline for the competition, and by the looks of things, I don't think I'll be able to finish in time

If by some miracle, I do manage it, it's going to be a tight squeeze as I've got half the scenes to do, as well as the audio and music. I suppose I could wait for the next competition, unless the deadline for this one can be extended by another week
26/08/2010 12:39:37

Than
Than
Let's hope they do have anouther competition.

I certainly won't have completed part 1 of my project in time as it needs camera movement before I can do the animation. Although don't know if a Part 1 of a bigger story would qualify anyway?
28/08/2010 12:28:37

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
youll be glad to know that the raindance competition deadline has been extended....as far as i can see...

theres some info about it here:
http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic260-raindance-film-festival-2010.aspx
28/08/2010 12:36:05

pyrrho
pyrrho
You know what? I'm pretty sure that Muvizu likes competitions. The first one was great, the current one is shaping up to eclipse that mightily (and even more so now, see freakmoomin's earlier post) and we'll be doing something for Machinima Expo 2010 - http://www.machinima-expo.com/ - who knows what random events may pop up? Certainly not me, but I'm open to suggestions.
edited by pyrrho on 8/28/2010
31/08/2010 18:50:18

Hermit
Hermit
Y'know, I would've just made it with the original deadline

I rushed the audio, which is why it's not as good as it should be. Although it's quite funny the way it is (unintentionally of course!) So I think I'll leave it. All I really have to do is put it together with my old copy of Premiere and it'll be done and dusted, but I can do that later now

But I'm glad that I would have made the original deadline
31/08/2010 19:02:27

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I managed to get my entry in by the earlier deadline. I felt a bit rushed but I work better under pressure anyway. Since the deadline has been extended until October I look forward to entering a few more animations. I really don't expect to win anything but I am having a great time thinking up new projects to work on.
10/10/2010 10:56:13

Hermit
Hermit
Blimey! I nearly forgot to submit my entry!Shock I had it all edited together but totally forgot about it and thought I'd already submitted it!, but I managed to send the link to the youtube vid just before I went out this morning

Without going into much detail, it's a spoof of the old B-movies
10/10/2010 12:09:25

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hermit wrote:
Blimey! I nearly forgot to submit my entry!Shock I had it all edited together but totally forgot about it and thought I'd already submitted it!, but I managed to send the link to the youtube vid just before I went out this morning

Without going into much detail, it's a spoof of the old B-movies

its too late for me too i had it in my head that the deadline was at the end of the month!

ho hum....moving on
10/10/2010 15:20:08

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dreeko wrote:
its too late for me too i had it in my head that the deadline was at the end of the month!

By my calculation, you've got just over 8.5 hours left, stop wasting time!!!
10/10/2010 23:26:31

Hermit
Hermit
I can see how some have been having trouble with linking to their entry on youtube, because I tried to set it to private and have just the MuvizuYT account view it, but it wouldn't have it for some reason (probably a glitch because it's worked before) So I just chose the "unlisted" privacy setting, which stops it being made public, but allows you to send the URL of it to anyone of your choice. In this case, just one, the competition entry email
11/10/2010 10:03:45

Matt
Matt
Were we supposed to get an email saying to link it to their YT account? I didn't, and just did it anyway, lol. :P I hope they got my email though!

If anyone who works at Muvizu is reading this, it's called "The Book (by Matthew Perks)". I knoooow I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I put so much time in to it that I don't want anything to have gone wrong during submission, hehe.
11/10/2010 11:01:41

pyrrho
pyrrho
Fret ye not, Matt. Your entry has been received and all is well. Take deep breaths. Drop some pills. Listen to the whales. Chant, if it helps.

:-)
11/10/2010 11:03:11

pyrrho
pyrrho
Hermit wrote:
I can see how some have been having trouble with linking to their entry on youtube, because I tried to set it to private and have just the MuvizuYT account view it, but it wouldn't have it for some reason (probably a glitch because it's worked before) So I just chose the "unlisted" privacy setting, which stops it being made public, but allows you to send the URL of it to anyone of your choice. In this case, just one, the competition entry email

Good call. I've emailed asking you to change the settings to private and shared with MuvizuYT. Don't worry, your entry will be fine.
11/10/2010 12:56:05

Dreeko
Neil wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

By my calculation, you've got just over 8.5 hours left, stop wasting time!!!

And the 8.5 hrs were taken up with my daughters birthday sleepover in our house which consisted of 6 eight year old girls dancing and screaming until 2 in the morning who then awoke at 6 full of beans ready to go again ...........the joys!
11/10/2010 13:13:15

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dreeko wrote:
And the 8.5 hrs were taken up with my daughters birthday sleepover in our house which consisted of 6 eight year old girls dancing and screaming until 2 in the morning who then awoke at 6 full of beans ready to go again ...........the joys!

And you passed up the opportunity to use all that free labour? Shame on you!

But seriously, that's a pity. I was looking forward to your entry.
11/10/2010 13:22:37

Dreeko
I'll have something uploaded soon hopefully unless that pesky life of mine gets in the way again

PS:Thanks for everyones time the other week , what I saw (through blurry eyes!) was very interesting!

Thumbs Up

cheers

D
11/10/2010 13:26:39

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
I know the feeling, kids, yer gotta love em. I had my second movie ready to go, 11 o'clock last night.
Uploaded by 11:55, come on!! Yes!!, watched the uploaded movie, oh no! Whaaaaa? the movie only had somehow
Chopped the beginning Whaaaaa? and the end off !! .... now I know how hitler felt in DOWNFALL
After that lovely moment, I retired to bed and thought of my role as a family father trying to juggle his hectic
day of screaming kids, broken doors, faulty lights ect, and thought........
Violin Sod it!!! Then I fell asleep THE END Sleepy
edited by artpen on 10/11/2010
11/10/2010 16:06:26

Hermit
Hermit
pyrrho wrote:
Good call. I've emailed asking you to change the settings to private and shared with MuvizuYT. Don't worry, your entry will be fine.

It's done For some reason, the "send" button wasn't available on youtube last time. I think that might've been an IE thing, as it's always visible in Firefox.
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Don't think I'll make it...