Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? More Keyboard Shortcuts

the topic is closed
27/08/2010 01:34:27

jslate
jslate
I've watched the tutorials, looked all over the forum, and checked Muvizu's help section on keyboard shortcuts (which isn't very helpful). What exactly do the following keyboard shortcuts do?

Q W E A S D

I've pressed them, but more than once, I've managed to get lost, so to speak, so I right-clicked on the camera window to get my bearing again. (Maybe the D key should be replaced with a Y, since these keys are making me Q W E A S Y). Thanks for any advice...
27/08/2010 09:12:53

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi jslate, and welcome to Muvizu.

WASD are common video game controls for character movement;

W: Move forward
A: Strafe Left (move left without turning)
S: Move back
D: Strafe Right (move right without turning)

Q and E are used for vertical movement:
Q: Move Up
E: Move down

If you have any other questions or suggestions let us know.

Take care,
-Jim.
27/08/2010 09:13:32

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
The WASD keys are commonly used in first-person shooter games to go forwards, strafe left, backwards and strafe right respectively.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WASD

Because Muvizu also needs the ability to move up and down, we've added Q and E to do that. If Q and E are confusing, I suggest ignoring them and using Page Up and Page Down instead. I hope that helps.

Edit: Jim beat me to it! :p
edited by Neil on 8/27/2010
27/08/2010 09:24:38

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Q and E in Muvizu have ruined me more than once in Video games - I have accidentally pressed E as it is the "Descend" key in Muvizu but in Unreal 3 it involves my character exiting the helicopter and ending up as a street pizza :/
27/08/2010 14:44:33

jslate
jslate
Thanks for the answer(s). It's been a long time since I played video games on my computer (I have a game console I use instead), but the movements associated with those keys ring a bell. Looking at them now, I can see why I got 'lost' - these will definitely be handy now that I know their use though.
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? More Keyboard Shortcuts