Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Update - content store

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
02/09/2015 12:29:40

MuvizuTeam
MuvizuTeam
Hi All,

I know some of you have been asking where the content store is as we did say it would be here by now.

Due to a number of challenges with render layers and our desire to get the next release to a point where we are happy and set for 'go live' - it will be a few more weeks. We are now looking at mid September.

Apologies for the lack of an update but we didn't want to announce anything until we knew for sure when this would now be available.

We are really sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience - it's really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jo
02/09/2015 12:34:58

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
MuvizuTeam wrote:
Hi All,

I know some of you have been asking where the content store is as we did say it would be here by now.

Due to a number of challenges with render layers and our desire to get the next release to a point where we are happy and set for 'go live' - it will be a few more weeks. We are now looking at mid September.

Apologies for the lack of an update but we didn't want to announce anything until we knew for sure when this would now be available.

We are really sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience - it's really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jo

...and will this release include the fabled keyframe functionality too?
02/09/2015 12:50:11

MuvizuTeam
MuvizuTeam
...and will this release include the fabled keyframe functionality too?

Hi Dreeko

All being well, yes - the guys are working hard to get both elements ready for the September release
02/09/2015 14:06:59

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Woohoo!
Thanks for that, and the swift reply!
16/09/2015 17:54:25

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
Hi! Is the mid-Sept release targeted for this week or next week?

thank you!
.cn
16/09/2015 17:58:05

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
CloudNinja wrote:

thank you!
.cn

I think it's unlikely to be this week.
22/09/2015 02:38:00

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
CloudNinja wrote:

thank you!
.cn

I think it's unlikely to be this week.

That exchange happened last week. What's the likelihood for THIS week?
(Or even NEXT week?)

Hopefully the holdup is that it takes time to add all the features that have ever been asked for... ;-)
edited by PatMarrNC on 22/09/2015
22/09/2015 09:09:40

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
That exchange happened last week. What's the likelihood for THIS week?
(Or even NEXT week?)

Hopefully the holdup is that it takes time to add all the features that have ever been asked for... ;-)

I'm not going to say anything with certainty, but it should be ready before the end of the month. (Expect delays on the following features too)
28/09/2015 23:51:52

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
If we had quadrapeds, I'd create a dead horse so I could beat it. ;-)

"mid August" became "mid Sept" which became "by the end of the month"
Now it's pretty much the end of the month. Any news?

I'm not complaining here, just curious. I love this software and as soon as new stuff becomes available, I want it. ;-)
29/09/2015 07:14:49

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
If we had quadrapeds, I'd create a dead horse so I could beat it. ;-)

"mid August" became "mid Sept" which became "by the end of the month"
Now it's pretty much the end of the month. Any news?

I'm not complaining here, just curious. I love this software and as soon as new stuff becomes available, I want it. ;-)

Stick around, there's still a chance it'll be September.
30/09/2015 02:18:13

Bob-Albion
Bob-Albion
I think it maybe mid October now.

Or we might have to hang around till Christmas.

Muvizu updates have stalled.
edited by Bob-Albion on 30/09/2015
30/09/2015 06:03:43

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
Any updates/news about this from the Staff, Moguls or Testers?
30/09/2015 12:47:25

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
CloudNinja wrote:
Any updates/news about this from the Staff, Moguls or Testers?

I can confirm that I have personally seen it as a part of a test, though how finished it is or when it's going live I don't know. It's very certainly being developed though.
30/09/2015 17:05:38

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Or scratch that, looks like it's live as of now
30/09/2015 18:29:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Cool!

Where can we find an official announcement? As of this writing I haven't received an email or seen anything here on the forum...

EDIT=============
ohhhh, I see.. just click STORE on the header menu! Awesome!

"Let's go look and see what's there" he said enthusiastically....
edited by PatMarrNC on 30/09/2015
30/09/2015 18:35:29

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
Cool!

Where can we find an official announcement? As of this writing I haven't received an email or seen anything here on the forum...

There will probably be something in the blog soon.
Main updates:
  • Update with bug fixes and some other things to the main program.
  • You can now buy the chemistry set pack which includes effects and objects in the store: http://www.muvizu.com/Store
  • Another pack will be on its way, but probably not for a little while

edited by MrDrWho13 on 30/09/2015
30/09/2015 18:45:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm just glad to see new development on this amazing program! In my opinion it is superior to similar products that cost ten times as much! They could easily charge more for the product, and it would still be a bargain!

However, there are a variety of marketing schemes. A certain music creation software (Reaper I think is its name) has a low entry level price, but they make their money by selling accessories after people get the product for practically nothing.

In my opinion, since Muvizu has made it so easy to get the full version, they should at least monetize the product through sale of add-on content. In that context, I am especially pleased to see the store, because it suggests new revenue that will keep MUVIZU around for a long time to come.
30/09/2015 18:47:27

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
In my opinion, since Muvizu has made it so easy to get the full version, they should at least monetize the product through sale of add-on content. In that context, I am especially pleased to see the store, because it suggests new revenue that will keep MUVIZU around for a long time to come.

They're one step ahead of you, that exactly what's happening.
30/09/2015 19:49:28

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
Hi - not trying to rain on the parade here - just confirming - so the "Store" launched and basically what we have is:
1 - "Muvizu Play +" application (which was available for purchase prior to the Store launch)
2 - "Chemistry Pack" - NEW! Very cool although I'm curious how this got chosen as the first content pack to be released vs. more common scenarios like a medieval village or insert-your-fav-historic-time-period-or-scene here...
3 - all of the content from the "Gallery" but rebranded as the "Store"...I'm appreciative to not have to pay for what was FREE previously...
Um, that's it? Any new characters ("Mandy" doesn't officially count since she was available before if you have MP+)? And now "Another pack will be on its way, but probably not for a little while"?!
Forgive me for seeming to be underwhelmed - but did I miss something? Is this what all the excitement and anticipation was about?
I hope more content packs as well as new characters are about to be released but more sooner than later...
Did I miss something here?
Also - I would caution about (over) charging for content add ons...as an example: iClone seems like a great & relatively cheap animation software but they rigged it (terrible pun intended) so that you need all the add-ons to really do something cool and it becomes a fortune - BIG turn off....
thoughts?
.cn
30/09/2015 20:14:02

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
all true statements cloudninja...

yet it remains true that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

What excites me here is not so much the immediate potential for new stuff as the demonstration that Digimania has decided to keep the product alive. Any movement at all means the horse ain't dead yet. ;-)

And yes, that pleases me.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Update - content store