Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? More timeline tracks + how to adjust a direction?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
18/11/2015 21:10:38

ritsmer
ritsmer
I have bought the Muvizu play+ and now the key-frames package - I have watched the great tutorials closely and played/tested for a week - and Muvizu is really a great extension for my video work - but 2 things seem to make the work difficult:

1) how can I see all the direction-blocks (the blue ones) for a character on the timeline while I add some actions? I mean: when I go into actions then the former added directions (blue blocks) disappear in the timeline window. It is then difficult to position the time-cursor precisely for adding further actions ?
I am sure there is a way to see a full timeline with all added directions and actions for all characters in a film - but how.
Maybe I have misunderstood something - but I am used to use the Sony Vegas Pro editor where I have some 10 to 20 tracks on the timeline containing media, sound, effects, texts etc - and where it is possible to overview all things happening at the same time / sequentially with one look.

2) how can I adjust a recorded direction - i.e. if I let the character walk to a chair and then get that movement stopped too early or too late for the "sit" action then it would be nice if I could just adjust the end-point of the walk-direction by clicking-holding-and-moving the character.
Is that possible ? or can I only just delete the full walking direction and start from the starting point hoping my hand will be more precise this time :- )
edited by ritsmer on 18/11/2015
edited by ritsmer on 18/11/2015
18/11/2015 21:58:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Hi, I'm glad to see you're enjoying Muvizu, and I have some solutions for your problems.

1. On the top right of the timeline there's a cog/gear icon. Press that and you get the option to show the little buttons at the top of the timeline that show/hide different types of tracks. I can't remember if they're on by default. For example, you could press the music icon to show the sound tracks etc. When you go to direct something, the other tracks are hidden to make sure you know what you're recording; then you show only the tracks you need.

2. You can't change a directed movement, but you can move the character using a double click on their destination rather than the dragging system.

I hope this helps, and don't hold back from asking more questions.
MDW13
edited by MrDrWho13 on 18/11/2015
19/11/2015 08:39:08

ritsmer
ritsmer
Great. Thank you!

Now I also found the http://muvizu.com/Wiki/ where my question 2 is well explained in Tutorial 19.

As I am not fast enough to animate a character in what appears as "real time" (i.e. the characters actions while walking) brings me to another question:

Is there a possibility to slow down everything while directing (maybe 1:5 or slower) so that the animator has time enough to apply his things to the character - and then play it all back in real time ?
edited by ritsmer on 19/11/2015
19/11/2015 11:24:39

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
ritsmer wrote:
Is there a possibility to slow down everything while directing (maybe 1:5 or slower) so that the animator has time enough to apply his things to the character - and then play it all back in real time?

I've requested this feature before, but it's not been implemented yet. You could direct all your actions and then move the blocks in the timeline to be exactly where you want them.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? More timeline tracks + how to adjust a direction?