Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Making of "Sleekit Things"

the topic is closed
07/09/2010 15:56:41

barrys
barrys
Hi

I was asked how I achieved the lighting on "Sleekit Things". I've always loved shadow animations in particular "The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello", "Paranoland" and recently "Limbo" video game.

SILHOUETTE EFFECT
All objects are made black. The environment lighting is turned off and the sky and ground colours are set to black.

BACKDROPS
Behind the skeleton are some backdrop objects with their illumination levels set to full.

MOTTLED LIGHTING ON BACKDROP
It's subtle, but you'll notice that there is a fog-like lighting effect on the backdrops. This was achieved by filming some Muvizu fog and projecting the film through a spotlight:

SHAKY TEXT
This well-worn cliché was achieved by filming a backdrop with a shaking camera and sending the resulting image onto another backdrop. The shaking, blurred film sat behind some crisp letters on a PNG texture and was filmed again.

Barry
07/09/2010 22:51:12

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Barry
Thanks very much for providing such a clear explanation so quickly; it really is greatly appreciated and I will definitely give it a go myself in the near future.
I can't think of any other software company that provides such a fantastic level of support. I don't know how your operation works but it makes it a real pleasure being part of the community.

You deserve and surely well make a great success of this project

all the best

Toonarama
09/09/2010 02:03:31

Frendor
Frendor
Here here!

Frendor.
09/09/2010 06:21:53

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Really good idea !