Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How to: walk, stop and turn in one movement

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
06/12/2015 13:13:32

ritsmer
ritsmer
I would like to let a character walk 5 meters then - arriving at the destination - it should stop and at the same time turn 90 degrees to the left.

It seems to be difficult to achieve in one long continuous movement - as what what I get at best (have tried that simple thing for some hours now :- )) ) is that the character arrives at the endpoint, then pauses slightly (could be Ok) then turns 45 dgrs to the left - then pauses for about 1/2 second and then finishes the turn by doing the last 45 dgrs.

The problem seems to be the usual for me: I'm not fast enough to do the directing in real time - and the second click on the left turn therefore takes a little time because the movement-palette turns with the first click turn left and I then have to move my cursor and try to hit the turn left again...

Actually I have solved it for my current project where I use Sony Vegas Pro for the final editing and where I can skip the little pause - but I think a solution in Muvizu could be the very much wanted possibility to record movements in 1:2 or better 1:5 speed OR / AND that the different buttons on the movement palette could be activated by some keyboard shortcuts.

I have studied Muvizu, watched the tutorials and exercised for a couple of weeks now in order to use it in a project where the animated characters interact with human actors and human environment - and this calls for high precision positioning and movements - which are next to impossible to record in real time - and which really cost me 10++ times the time needed doing try-undo, try-undo, try-undo, try undo - where Muvizu would work like a dream if it had a 1:x recording possibility.
I would be more than happy if I could buy such an extension with this great improvement.
06/12/2015 13:28:00

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
90 degree turns are a bit of a pain in Muvizu. It sounds like you'd like to make more use of the timeline. After directing movement, you should be able to shuffle the little movement boxes closer together. Another little tip would be to double click on the destination rather than using the dragging system.
ritsmer wrote:
Muvizu would work like a dream if it had a 1:x recording possibility.

Yes, it's something I've requested before. Hopefully it's on the to-do list just under custom actions and character models.
06/12/2015 13:59:45

ritsmer
ritsmer
After a good advice here in the forum I do double click and also do move the movement boxes on the timeline as close at it goes - but still my characters have a small hesitation - which is quite unnatural in the human world - but, btw. which I'm beginning to appreciate (and use) as a difference between the cartoon- and the human world.

That said please count me in for a huge +1 when it comes to prioritize development of the 1:x slow-mo recording possibility :- ))

When I was deciding which animation software to use I actually did reject Muvizu at first because of the required full speed 1:1 directing (recording) which I considered very, very difficult for people that never have played any computer games etc. - but later I went back and bought Muvizu because of the many other great features.

Let us tell the Muvizu Sales Dept. that a 1:x slow-mo recording feature might well increase the number of happy buyers - and users.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How to: walk, stop and turn in one movement