Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Bunny/kitty ears for superhero characters?

the topic is closed
25/01/2016 01:31:28

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
I'm trying to do a thing where the superheroine character is dressed as a Playboy bunny, and that's surprisingly difficult to make happen. I put together a fine bunny outfit from the options available, but I can't figure out how to put bunny ears on her head. There are bunny ears available for the regular characters, but not for the hero set. I have zero 3D skills and every attempt to make a pair of bunny ears has ended in failure. I've tried to find a pair I could import but I've had no luck.

Would any kind soul be willing to upload some rabbit ears to the store? Even if they were kitty ears that could be stretched vertically, that'd work. There are probably plenty of folks who could do a lot with kitty/bunny ears! If you did this, I promise I'd give you a great big thanks in the finished work!
25/01/2016 14:49:56

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
these any good..download and import as glasses.
a couple of attempts sizewise.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191448/bunnyears.fbx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191448/bunnysmall.fbx
25/01/2016 15:36:06

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
while we're on the topic...
it seems kind of strange to me that even among the potato head characters, not all accessories are available to all characters. Many times, I proceed with the development of a character thinking I'll add some accessory I've seen when working with other characters... only to learn that the item / hair / hat / accessory / etc I want isn't found in my character's set of options!

Not a deal killer though... I love this software and even embrace the challenges it sends me.

I especially like the forum here... it's one of the best I've found in terms of knowledgeable and talented people who are willing to help others
25/01/2016 21:52:30

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Those look terrific! But for some reason those links aren't working for me. When I click on them they take me to a screen full of text gibberish with lots of weird symbols in it, like this:
Kaydara FBX Binary  ��„������������FBXHeaderExtension\��������� (etc.) 

drewi wrote:
these any good..download and import as glasses.
a couple of attempts sizewise.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191448/bunnyears.fbx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191448/bunnysmall.fbx
25/01/2016 22:10:48

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
right click on the link and select save as
25/01/2016 23:28:09

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I just sent you a set of ears and tail for a rabbit... including the ears that Drew posted
(Thanks Drew!)
26/01/2016 02:06:06

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
You guys are awesome, thanks so much!! Here are a couple of images of how it's coming along, with one red suit and one black suit as I experiment...

Now I just have to make her cuffs and bow tie, but I think those should be things I can apply as decals instead of trying to do them in 3D.

I'm planning to use these for a comic book/graphic novel. I'm going to do the whole thing in Muvizu, using screengrabs. As far as I know, nobody has done that before!

Just to bother you guys for a little more info: what program are you using to make this stuff? I've been pretty hopeless at figuring out the various 3D programs, and I'm hoping to find one where the process would basically be (for example): Create simple white ball, import white ball into Muvizu as an FBX file, use as bunny tail. (It's so frustrating that I can easily make a perfect white ball prop in Muvizu, but I can't apply it to the character!) I don't have it in me to mess around with meshes and a lot of different programs, and it seems like there must be some simple way to just make a red square or a blue triangle or whatever and then import it into Muvizu. (I've been reading the tutorials, but so far I haven't managed to figure this out.)
26/01/2016 04:26:38

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
you may want to look at MILKSHAPE.

Its free, I'm pretty sure it can generate basic shapes like cubes and spheres, and it also allows exporting to both FBX and ASE formats (which Muvizu accepts)

There are also tutorials for it on youtube.
27/01/2016 01:29:07

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Thanks for the suggestion, PatMarrNc! (I was having trouble logging in, so I'm just finally able to reply now.) I did look into Milkshape, and to be honest it's a little daunting for a beginner like me. Right now I'm looking at TinkerCad. It's less like math class and more like fiddling around with some blobs of Play-dough, which is about the level I was looking for! So far I've been able to save objects as obj. files and then convert them with Auto Desk FBX Converter, and that works fine... except for the FBX objects being kind of blocky and always appearing NEXT to the characters (usually at their feet) instead of attached to their bodies. But hopefully that's something I can crack as I keep fiddling with it.
28/01/2016 00:29:29

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
The heroine is now hoppin' down the bunny trail on her way to completion!

I made the cuffs and tweaked the bunny ears in Tinkercad (since a lot of Playboy Bunny costumes feature a cute bend in one or both ears) and downloaded the bow tie from Turbosquid. I'm still very much a novice when it comes to fabricating 3D stuff and Tinkercad has some real limitations, but it's a much less intimidating program than the other 3D design programs I've looked at.
28/01/2016 00:31:56

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
looks great!

I think the best 3d program is whichever one a person likes well enough to use
edited by PatMarrNC on 28/01/2016
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Bunny/kitty ears for superhero characters?