Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Character movement controls

the topic is closed
31/03/2016 19:49:06

theotherguy
theotherguy
I have been working on a scene where three characters, filmed from the front, spot another character, I switch to a camera behind them and she approaches them, speaks to a character, quickly departs, then returns to speak to all of them.

I find it incredibly hard to use the movement interface effectively and accurately, often I just say 'the heck with it' when I'm anywhere close to where I want the characters to be, and move their heads when I want them to appear to interact.

It would be so much easier and less frustrating to move the characters directly, i.e. select the character, use the WASD keys to move, shift key to sprint, and Q and E keys to turn clockwise and counterclockwise. Everything else in Muvizu I can deal with but this drives me nuts.
01/04/2016 08:40:27

jgourlay
jgourlay
Are you using the arrows under the character? I had issues with that method but another user pointed me to the double mouse click method which was much easier (not sure if you were using it already or not). I was able to achieve this video using the double mouse click method to make the character move thru locations by double clicking a half dozen locations along the path in a single recording.

Jamie mentions in this video that the movement rendering has inherent errors relative to where you think you stopped and that moving the character and its path and then any impacted objects/charcters is the best solution. I suspect keyboard controls would still not give you the control you desire given the limitations in the movement engine.

You may also want to consider a cheap tablet rather than a mouse as these can give a greater degree of control.

Understand none of these give you what you were asking for but thought they may be of assistance...

Cheers

JG
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Character movement controls