Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Changing duration and other points

the topic is closed
02/04/2016 02:44:01

primaveranz
primaveranz
I have not used Muvizu for quite some time so decided to take another look and have made these observations.
I asked for this for years ago, but the ability to change the duration of an action on the timeline by dragging the end of the "block" would still make a huge difference to the ability to create accurate animations. It is too hard to do 20 "takes" to try and get exactly the right behaviour. Admittedly I always hated the "Direct not animate" approach so am glad to see the addition of limited keyframing abilities. Using these for the cameras is a huge improvement to the Muvizu experience, although it has been less useful for moving objects (I had hoped it would allow us to easily animate rotating wheels etc).
I think the 360 camera is clever but don't really see what use it is for a movie watcher yet. I just wish animation companies (Reallusion is just as bad) would concentrate on fixing the obvious issues that hinder movie-making rather than spending time and money on sexy new features that don't actually improve the situation.

And I see the awful physics system is still around so I hope 2016 is as "big" a year as Muvizu are suggesting; there are so many niggles which still need sorted.
02/04/2016 04:23:22

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
primaveranz wrote:
the ability to change the duration of an action on the timeline by dragging the end of the "block" would still make a huge difference to the ability to create accurate animations.

+1

several little timeline adaptations like what you just suggested would be wonderful.

<broken record>Copy and paste on the timeline would be great too. </broken record>
02/04/2016 07:56:47

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
primaveranz wrote:
.....but the ability to change the duration of an action on the timeline by dragging the end of the "block" would still make a huge difference to the ability to create accurate animations.

It's not quite the same but I always record actions by hitting the action I want then I press idle as fast as I possibly can. This terminates the action.

You can then adjust the position of that idle block to terminate the action where you want.

Depending on the action you can get some pretty good results this way.....
02/04/2016 17:07:21

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ukBerty wrote:
primaveranz wrote:
.....but the ability to change the duration of an action on the timeline by dragging the end of the "block" would still make a huge difference to the ability to create accurate animations.

It's not quite the same but I always record actions by hitting the action I want then I press idle as fast as I possibly can. This terminates the action.

You can then adjust the position of that idle block to terminate the action where you want.

Depending on the action you can get some pretty good results this way.....

that's an excellent idea Berty! The idle block effectively becomes the tail end of the action that can be moved around! Maybe an "official muvizu" solution would be to set up the actions so that an IDLE event was inserted immediately after the event was inserted.. that would give even slowpokes like me the maximum control over the duration of the action.

Of course, we can just keep manually doing it... but the older I get, the harder it is for me to respond quickly. If I ever catch on fire, I might not realize it for 15 or 20 minutes.... ;-)
03/04/2016 08:42:32

ritsmer
ritsmer
This really is a hurdle for me too in Muvizu animation - ah, sorry - direction :- )

To solve sole of these issues I have 2 mice of the very same model (Logitech G3) and their speeds is set differently using the program Eithermouse.
That gives one fast-but-not-so-precise movement-accelerated mouse - plus another very-slow-but-more-precise mouse.

The fast mouse has movement acceleration because else it would be too troublesome to work with my 40" UHD + 30" half-UHD desktop.

That said I must say that the new key-framing gives much more possibilities than I ever could have thought up myself - and hopefully it is expanded to also cover the character movements too...
03/04/2016 16:07:11

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ritsmer wrote:
To solve sole of these issues I have 2 mice of the very same model (Logitech G3) and their speeds is set differently using the program Eithermouse.
That gives one fast-but-not-so-precise movement-accelerated mouse - plus another very-slow-but-more-precise mouse.The fast mouse has movement acceleration because else it would be too troublesome to work with my 40" UHD + 30" half-UHD desktop.

Clever!!
03/04/2016 19:38:02

primaveranz
primaveranz
ukBerty wrote:

It's not quite the same but I always record actions by hitting the action I want then I press idle as fast as I possibly can. This terminates the action..

Thanks Berty, I'll give that a try.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Changing duration and other points