Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? May 2016 50% off sale

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
27/05/2016 16:45:00

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
if you like Muvizu, consider posting links to this sale in whatever forums you may frequent online! There are lots of animation forums, general interest artsy forums, family forums, facebook etc etc.

It has been my experience that when people learn about Muvizu, they generally recognize the potential, and want to buy it. And at this price, it's an absolute no-brainer!

My philosophy is "Muvizu has been good to me.... payback time!"
28/05/2016 17:37:17

Rocque
Rocque
I just bought all of the expansion packs, plus Clayster's Robotman. You are so right, lets pay it forward, so we can enjoy Muvizu for years and then a few more years.

I am not sure when I will use the packs but the price is definitely right for them. It will be fun to use them.
28/05/2016 17:52:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I'll probably have to start a new thread for this if it becomes a relatively large discussion. How much would you pay for a subscription based or high upfront cost version of Muvizu with frequent updates (new features every month or so). Or perhaps, how much would people you know be willing to pay?
Also are there any features that really stick out for you that Muvizu should have?
28/05/2016 20:51:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I'll probably have to start a new thread for this if it becomes a relatively large discussion.

MrDrWho,
I want to start by saying that I really appreciate what a great ambassador you are for this product! Without your quick and accurate responses to user questions, this forum would be a completely different environment... and probably not for the better!

How much would you pay for a subscription based or high upfront cost version of Muvizu with frequent updates (new features every month or so).

Speaking only for myself, I don't like the subscription model. Part of the reason I ended up at Muvizu and Anime Studio is because ToonBoom Studio went to a subscription plan. I also used a couple of different music programs for years, and ditched them for something else when they went to a subscription plan. But.. you can't go by me. Apparently others like the model because it seems to be catching on.

As far as a higher up-front cost: I like Smith Micro's pricing plan. They start with a $299 price tag, which sends the message that its an awesome program that you'd love to have, but you can't afford it. Then about twice a year, they reduce it to $99 and a ton of people buy it. $99 seems to be my "GO" price for software... (especially if it's normally priced higher than that)

Or perhaps, how much would people you know be willing to pay?

that is indeed the key question.. and it also happens to be the hardest one to answer. I can't speak for anybody else. Value is a highly individual perception... I value Muvizu more highly than other animation software because I want to make cartoons, and that's its strength. Somebody who wants to make business presentations might prefer some other product.

Also are there any features that really stick out for you that Muvizu should have?

this is where a whole new thread might come in handy. Here's my top 5 wish list:

1) a way to make believable quadrapeds. I'd be OK with a workaround if it just isn't possible to make full blown 4 leggers

2) an SDK that lets users create and share new character actions. The store would go crazy if either Muvizu or users started making custom actions available!

3) a character rigger. If there was a predefined skeleton rig that could be bound to static imported characters, and which was able to have all the character actions assigned to it, that would open up a ton of possibilities! It could be as basic as an invisible character that had hooks to attach new head, arms, legs etc. Again, I think the store would be very active if people started making original characters available. It would answer all the complaints from people who want less cartoonish characters for business animations.

4) the ability to create and use subdirectories for the storage and organization of Favourites.

5) if quadrapeds and a character rigger aren't possible, then a utility character that can be invisible while his attachments are still visible would give me what I need to make my own characters and quadrapeds.
28/05/2016 22:14:45

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I'm interested by the idea of just a sort of test dummy character where you can hide elements, and perhaps have many more attachment points for each connected section (I'm thinking multiple parts for each finger sort of level).
I would probably pay £50 for Muvizu in its current form, and perhaps £100 for one with more frequent feature additions. I've heard about some other features that are in the works that could be coming in a year or so.... very interesting.
Runs from people asking for more details
29/05/2016 00:40:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
another way to increase revenue might be to sell STORE subscriptions (as opposed to a software subscription. )

Assuming new store items like characters, outfits etc were introduced on a regular basis, having a pre-paid ticket to DL assets that would normally be for sale would accomplish a couple of things:

1) it would minimize the number of transaction fees levied by paypal or the charge cards... there would just be one fee for many transactions. It could be set up as an annual fee or as a block of prepaid credit that could be used for transactions until it runs out.

2) This arrangement usually results in more spending, because the buyer doesn't really have to part with any money after the first purchase. It doesn't "feel" like spending, but you get cool stuff anyway... instant gratification! Any time I've ever prepaid like this, I ALWAYS ended up spending more freely than I would have otherwise.

In my opinion, the only way this would work would be if there was a fairly constant flow of new items

Or maybe a combination of a slightly higher entry level price coupled with a constant flow of store revenue. Really, when your product is this cool, there are lots of ways to sell it.
29/05/2016 00:58:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
It might be worth examining the way Reallusion markets Crazy Talk Animator... it is VERY similar to Muvizu, so it merits an apples to apples comparison. Both programs come with stock characters, stock scenery, character actions are predefined, as are walk and run cycles... both systems have lip-synch and can be added to by buying add-on packs or by users creating their own stuff and importing it to the environment.

So, the similarities are remarkable. But, here are some of the differences:

1) Muvizu comes with FAR MORE capability... more predefined actions, more modifiability of characters etc.

2) Muvizu's store is chock full of free resources (little to none of that for CrazyTalk animator)

3) Crazy Talk Animator's initial price tag is a LOT higher... and as soon as you buy, it becomes evident that you are going to have to spend a LOT of money on add-on packs in order to do much. By the time you buy enough content to match what you get with Muvizu for about $30, you will have spent several hundred dollars.

4) Muvizu's paradigm is VERY well presented to the user, and it is far easier to learn (in my opinion) than Crazy Talk Animator

5) Muvizu is 3D while CrazyTalk Animator is only 2D and not nearly as cool

if Muvizu was priced on par with Crazy Talk Animator, it would STILL be the better buy (in my opinion)
29/05/2016 01:38:56

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I'm interested by the idea of just a sort of test dummy character where you can hide elements, and perhaps have many more attachment points for each connected section (I'm thinking multiple parts for each finger sort of level).
I would probably pay £50 for Muvizu in its current form, and perhaps £100 for one with more frequent feature additions. I've heard about some other features that are in the works that could be coming in a year or so.... very interesting.

That's What I'm talking about, if there was more attachment points like the upper arms and thighs, I could make a complete Armor Suit like Iron Man, I have already been working on mech suit, but the problem is I need those attachment points that way each peace would move and walk alone with the character, until those attachment points are added, then I can't get the mech suit to work, it was a big project that I was working for a while, but stopped because of the lack of attachment points needed, awww..man it would of been awsome to see this work in muvizu, think of making a sci fi war video of mech suited characters shooting at each other, with war heads and multi laser guns, and force fields, dropping land mines as they walk by, anyways until the much need attachment points are added, then this is just a dream.
29/05/2016 10:02:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Virtually all other animation software uses the paradigm of "bones" that can be animated, then they provide a way for you to rig your picture or model to the bones. But I think the Muvizu concept of providing attachment points makes more sense, and it's very easy to use. Now that I understand both ways, I like the Muvizu way much better.

So yeah, if we had a special character with attachment points at every joint, plus the usual other places for hats, hair, eyes etc, that would make it possible to create just about ANY biped character that can be modelled!

And if the character's various parts could be made invisible (or not) then we could start combining multiple characters to get more legs on one composite character!

What would be REALLY cool would be if there was a way to make 2 characters both respond to the same action. It would be MUCH easier to make a quadraped walk if you didn't have to synch two different sets of legs.

Even if none of this ever happens, it's fun to discuss what features would open up more potential. Creative people tend to revolve around ideas, and that's why I like to spend time on forums where creative people hang out. ;-)
29/05/2016 10:24:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I've heard about some other features that are in the works that could be coming in a year or so.... very interesting.

I don't want to encourage you to leak information with which you've been entrusted.... but I will say that it's encouraging to hear there are new things in the works! And especially encouraging that you think the upcoming features are interesting!

I previously said I'm not crazy about subscriptions... but if subscriptions would give Muvizu cash flow for more developers that made new stuff happen more often... in the case of Muvizu only, I'd go for that. I like this software, and I'd really like to see it take off like a rocket!

I honestly think it is a superior product in many ways, and with a little more active development, it could totally dominate a segment of the animation market.
29/05/2016 14:19:31

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

That's What I'm talking about, if there was more attachment points like the upper arms and thighs, I could make a complete Armor Suit like Iron Man, I have already been working on mech suit, but the problem is I need those attachment points that way each peace would move and walk alone with the character, until those attachment points are added, then I can't get the mech suit to work, it was a big project that I was working for a while, but stopped because of the lack of attachment points needed, awww..man it would of been awsome to see this work in muvizu, think of making a sci fi war video of mech suited characters shooting at each other, with war heads and multi laser guns, and force fields, dropping land mines as they walk by, anyways until the much need attachment points are added, then this is just a dream.

I love Mech anime! I am not sure why, but just the idea of being able to go out there and blow things up, and hopefully once the individual's mech is destroyed they are defeated and have to wait for a replacement mech. The person lives to fight another day. It is sort of like the idea of Transformers and those Star Wars Walker things combined. I am not sure how this relates to the topic that MDH13 started, but I get inspired by the creativity here, and that is why I like to see what can be done with minimal limits to creativity.

Since most of us using Muzivu are self funded I would hate to see it go the way of Go!Animate. There was a high number of very talented writers using it when it was Free or $6/month and a bit less if you paid yearly. Now just the basic is about $40. All the fun elements are gone (for me at least for now). They were ahead of Muvizu in the painless creation of a video, but had other limitations. I keep trying to get a few of the former users to start here, hoping they will attract others to join in.

I am not sure what I would pay per month to use Muvizu and seeing what happens once a site starts charging for a subscription (and the price starts going up and up), I begin to wonder how much longer I will be able to use the site. If there were more character packs or other additions to buy when we were ready I would pay for that, because I know running a site is difficult and is not free for the owners.

I like the idea of more character movements, and ways to create a wider variety of characters. If it were set up for tech newbie dummies like me it would be even better.

I am already visualizing Clayster's Mech Wars production....I can see Alien Grey's Mech Can Opener that is solar powered and just as he thinks he can over power the Mechs there is an eclipse. Poor Alien Grey.

Thanks for the discussion everyone.
edited by Rocque on 29/05/2016
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? May 2016 50% off sale