Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? New South Asian character pack available!

pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
06/07/2016 18:56:21

theotherguy
theotherguy
The additional 'packs' are okay, but if you're like me and make your own costumes/textures they have limited value. I'd sure like to be able to move the characters precisely where I want them though, this, in my humble opinion, would make Muvizu 100% better.
06/07/2016 19:14:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
theotherguy wrote:
I'd sure like to be able to move the characters precisely where I want them though, this, in my humble opinion, would make Muvizu 100% better.

That would definitely be awesome! I think it's unlikely that Muvizu will ever give us that capability; But for anybody with good modelling skills, programs like Poser and Blender will already let you rig your own models and pose them any way you want.

Considering the fact that we now have OBJ models for most of the early characters, that is highly do-able and its in the power of the individual to make it happen.

The ability to create animated content in multiple platforms and blend it all together in Hit Film or other editor already exists. Most of us are already using a variety of different software to create our projects... so its not a huge logical or procedural jump to substitute animated 3D content for the static 3D content most of us are already using.

If I'm not mistaken, Hit Film lets us import animated 3D content! If that's true, we can now start manipulating 3D content from other platforms as more than just a 2d layer.
06/07/2016 23:27:54

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
When I use Muvizu my first thought isn't "I wish there were more types of bodies", it's always "when are they going to fix this f*@king thing?"

A better solution... and I may have mentioned this before.... is to open up the interface so people can create their own action packs to sell through the store. Then once it's done, Muvizu can take a cut whilst others do all the work. Now that's my kind of business model....

What He Said
Damn straight.
07/07/2016 16:24:52

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
When I use Muvizu my first thought isn't "I wish there were more types of bodies", it's always "when are they going to fix this f*@king thing?"

A better solution... and I may have mentioned this before.... is to open up the interface so people can create their own action packs to sell through the store. Then once it's done, Muvizu can take a cut whilst others do all the work. Now that's my kind of business model....

What He Said
Damn straight.

When Braj was active on the forum, he really pushed this idea, but he hit a brick wall. The response he got was pretty lame, I thought. The SDK exists already, or Muvizu couldn't do what they do. The biggest obstacle for most of us would be the cost of software like 3DSMAX, if in fact that was even required to create actions in an SDK.

Skills can be acquired. Software can be bought. My guess is that they just don't want anybody competing with them for the future asset pack business. But, if that's true, why did they open the store up to 3rd party asset sales?

I just can't believe that the process of creating new actions is too complicated for anybody else to learn.
07/07/2016 16:39:03

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I dont want to you know be a bit of a downer here, but the reality is that it would only make sense for them to do this stuff if they were upgrading this to use unreal 4, then it would be worth the effort, but I feel it would be a waste of manhours if they were going to do all this work although there is a lot of that framework in renderdigiwhatsit. I think its unwise for them to be putting huge development into muvizu or renderdigiwhatsit unless they move it into unreal 4.

But unreal 4 is working on its own movie making framework. so.....

unless the work is 99% done cause of renderdigiwhatsit and they can do it without to much fuss it probably is not worth the cost to do it...

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/unreal-engine-4-12-released

(runs)
just checked renderdigwhatsit is no longer being sold so hopefully they encorporate all that stuff into muvizu in some way which makes it still usable and not crashtastic memory eater of doom. If they haven't done the work .. i really wish they would start looking at upgrading their base engine ...
edited by urbanlamb on 07/07/2016
07/07/2016 18:34:45

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
ziggy72 wrote:
Is it just me or do they look Mexican?

Filipino?
07/07/2016 19:09:50

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
bigwally wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
Is it just me or do they look Mexican?

Filipino?

Based on the names they have been given and the clothing, they appear to represent people from India
07/07/2016 19:11:39

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
urbanlamb wrote:
I dont want to you know be a bit of a downer here, but....

too late!
07/07/2016 19:24:45

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol sorry muvizu is starting to show its age. I think it does what it does well. If you look at the product info the starting age is 8+ so looking it in that respect they aren't going to add that much more stuff on top because then kids will get overwhelmed.

Muvizu is fun for small things but if you learn and progress its probably time to start broadening your horizons. I try to use software for its strenghts and not worry about what it can't do. So although I thought muvizu was cool and did all kinds of wierd things with it pushing it far beyond its original purpose the reality is that there is a limit and when you exceed it well you have to add more tools to your toolbag.

So maybe that makes me "evil" but i tend to use things for what they can do and not make them try to do things that are too hard for it to do.

My rule of thumb is if i am working on something and the words come out of my mouth or the thought enters my head "this would be faster in blender" that is usually a sign I should look for a better solution. I think that is a good rule of thumb because in blender you literally are making it all from scratch and then rendering so if i think i can create the scene from scratch and render it faster in blender then create the same scene in whatever software I am using .. that means its probably not worth the bother Big Grin

lol
07/07/2016 19:33:49

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
Unreal 4 bla bla bla (Not exact quote)

I think you're right. They keep adding new features but eventually this software is doomed to obsolescence.
07/07/2016 19:45:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
well hopefully i dont sound too much like that.. i must admit i have an apple cider under my belt right now (the alcoholic kind) and i am a cheap drunk so one is enough to make me even less coherent then usual. Big Grin

/hic
07/07/2016 19:59:09

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
well hopefully i dont sound too much like that.. i must admit i have an apple cider under my belt right now (the alcoholic kind) and i am a cheap drunk so one is enough to make me even less coherent then usual. Big Grin

/hic

Don't worry, I was going to condense what you said a bit better than I did, but got bored while typing.
Unless Muvizu can fundamentally change certain aspects of the U3 base of Muvizu, there's not much you can do to keep it going for up to 10 years. The alternative is probably to re-create Muvizu from a new base (Unreal 4 or a bespoke engine).

Of course, I can't really say I know what I'm talking about. I'm sure the Muvizu folks have something planned.
08/07/2016 22:40:36

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Wow. Bit of a downer if you ask me. I have always been a cheerleader for Muvizu, but, hearing my mentors' criticisms are a letdown. I say if you are bored or have moved beyond what Muvizu can do, use something else. Positive feedback is always welcome, but comments here are bordering on the negative.

Let others have the spotlight.
edited by bigwally on 08/07/2016
09/07/2016 15:43:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
bigwally wrote:
Wow. Bit of a downer if you ask me. I have always been a cheerleader for Muvizu, but, hearing my mentors' criticisms are a letdown. I say if you are bored or have moved beyond what Muvizu can do, use something else. Positive feedback is always welcome, but comments here are bordering on the negative.

Let others have the spotlight.

I wasn't going to say anything but in looking at when the response was reposted I believe this was directed at me. I have not posted a single video to this site and have finally decided to engage in a conversation for the first time here in over a year. The only time I post on this forum is like once a week when I breeze by and answer a question that has been posted and appears not to be answered 100 different ways on this forum already.

So I just wont bother to even browse these forums or try to have a conversation or fill in the blanks to a questions when someone else hasn't been able to provide the answer to yet.. because it appears I am trying to take a spotlight I never had. (my videos are not that good to take one in the first place)
edited by urbanlamb on 09/07/2016
09/07/2016 16:15:50

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
<soapbox>

In a healthy forum, everybody is free to express their opinion because there is no censorship. The other side of that coin is that people may disagree with us sometimes. Personally, I see that as a good thing, and a very small price to pay for free speech.

Urban Lamb, your presence here is greatly valued, made even more precious by its recent scarceness. You bring lots of good information to the forum, and I would hate to see you withhold your presence over a perceived criticism. Nevertheless, you are an autonomous adult who is free to make that choice for herself. I hope you choose to stay.

All forums have a mix of conversation that runs the full gamut between praise and criticism of the product. Both are typically true to some extent, and both are necessary. In both cases, it's the users expressing their true thoughts, and wise developers should take note of what their users are saying.

At the end of the day, whether we agree with others or whether we like what they say, we should be glad they have the freedom to say it. And to whatever extent we can all be comfortable with opposing views, the more open and informative a forum will tend to be.

</soapbox>
09/07/2016 16:18:15

MrDrWho13
What He Said
09/07/2016 16:32:39

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I am trying to be polite but the reality is this forum is often used as a drive by for self promotion. I always tried very hard not to do that and engaged in a lot of discussions (hence my post count). This forum is in need of people who just post to exchange information, talk about movie making in general and give feedback both positive and negative.

This post was painfully blunt, but the reality is that when comments are made about spotlights in a thread where there is no self promotion and only exchange of input and ideas (not always positive). It makes it difficult to be a part of a community.

So I have added my two cents on this topic but really my post count is high because I answer a lot of questions and have basic conversations. If people are told to go away the moment they stray off the path of "hey that is a cool video" and "look at my video" ... then what's the point? LOL

/endrant

(it appears i have engaged in yet more discussion bad me)
09/07/2016 16:53:50

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
(it appears i have engaged in yet more discussion bad me)

discussion is good. I hope it continues.
09/07/2016 19:03:34

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
urbanlamb wrote:
So I just wont bother to even browse these forums or try to have a conversation or fill in the blanks to a questions when someone else hasn't been able to provide the answer to yet..

Deep down we all suspect you are right in the points you made. All software is obsolete, it's just a matter of time frame.

Stick with it Urban. We love you.
09/07/2016 19:19:06

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
So I just wont bother to even browse these forums or try to have a conversation or fill in the blanks to a questions when someone else hasn't been able to provide the answer to yet..

Deep down we all suspect you are right in the points you made. All software is obsolete, it's just a matter of time frame.

Stick with it Urban. We love you.

All software is obsolete
I never thought of it like this.

I'm looking forward to Muvizu 2, designed in Unreal 4 with actual animation compatibility rather than what we have here.
(Old image for representation)
pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? New South Asian character pack available!