Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Chicken test from Sinister

pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
02/08/2016 21:46:31

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
primaveranz wrote:
I feel a competition coming on...
Best "creature" created in Muvizu.
Not that I have anything to offer as a prize of course

Now that's a good idea! You're in charge! *runs*
02/08/2016 22:43:19

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
That is just amazing! Great work.

Pigeons, ducks, crows and parrots would also seem like good possibilities. I was thinking this could have applications for a dinosaur too, or maybe even a dragon. (Although I wonder if there would be a way to do either without the character having such skinny legs. It works well for a bird, but other creatures would be more problematic.)
02/08/2016 23:07:12

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
mindiflyth wrote:
That is just amazing! Great work.

Pigeons, ducks, crows and parrots would also seem like good possibilities. I was thinking this could have applications for a dinosaur too, or maybe even a dragon. (Although I wonder if there would be a way to do either without the character having such skinny legs. It works well for a bird, but other creatures would be more problematic.)

Thanks! It should be possible for other bird like creatures. It turns out it can be done with the potato heads as well. They have also slots for the feet, so you could attach claws or something. If you give the character an "object" action before a walk, it holds it's arms in front and doesn't swing them out of the attached body.
02/08/2016 23:19:13

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ikes wrote:
If you give the character an "object" action before a walk, it holds it's arms in front and doesn't swing them out of the attached body.

now THERE'S a bit of useful information! Thanks again Ikes!

(I wonder if there are any other actions that limit arm movement..... )

I wish I wasn't right in the middle of something else that requires my attention, because all this is getting me excited about playing with Muvizu!
edited by PatMarrNC on 02/08/2016
02/08/2016 23:29:45

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ikes wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
oh, we're not letting you off the hook that easily! No-sir! This is too good for no follow up! ;-)
You'll just have to model your own chicken. Even something elementary without the cool textures would let us see what you did.

Yeah... I was kind of afraid of that already I have no experience with organic modelling, but I'm definitely gonna give it a try. I think sculptris could come into play for this. It might become more of a cartoonish chicken maybe...

-Ikes-

I bet Clayster would make you a quick chicken model in exchange for whatever you make with it.
02/08/2016 23:42:16

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
ikes wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
oh, we're not letting you off the hook that easily! No-sir! This is too good for no follow up! ;-)
You'll just have to model your own chicken. Even something elementary without the cool textures would let us see what you did.

Yeah... I was kind of afraid of that already I have no experience with organic modelling, but I'm definitely gonna give it a try. I think sculptris could come into play for this. It might become more of a cartoonish chicken maybe...

-Ikes-

I bet Clayster would make you a quick chicken model in exchange for whatever you make with it.

I will keep it in mind, in case I fail to model it... thanks for the sugestion (if Clayster agrees with it of course)
03/08/2016 00:59:59

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Under the Law Actions (I think) is Handcuffed Pose, where the character's hands are locked behind his back while he walks, which might also be a useful pose to get rid of the swinging arms.
03/08/2016 02:30:46

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
Under the Law Actions (I think) is Handcuffed Pose, where the character's hands are locked behind his back while he walks, which might also be a useful pose to get rid of the swinging arms.

I love the forum concept where people brainstorm openly and everybody learns from everybody else. Almost no matter what bogs you down, somebody else has figured out a workaround for it. This is a good example...

after experimenting with the creation of creatures by adding attachments, I had pretty much decided that flailing arms was the deal killer. Recent revelations that the newer characters can have their midsection turned invisible (including arms) and now these tips about restricting arm movement with actions provides some incentive to renew the experiments

But it might be a moot point now, because HitFilm has made it more convenient than ever to animate creatures in other software, then merge it into my project at the editing stage.

But the fact remains that there is a demand for creatures, and if Muvizu ever introduces an animal pack they will sell the daylights out of it!!
03/08/2016 19:45:23

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes

The chicken story continues, since I have modeled my own one! I am kind of proud that I have made it with sculptris. After some trail and errors and watching tutorials, I have quite managed to do it. It is a marvelous program, for being freeware. I had to reduce the polygons on the head though, because it came in distorted in muvizu at first, so it's a bit blocky. But the chicken is relatively small, so it's not such an issue.

Something I did different here than the first sinister one, is that this is based on the potato head man. I've attached the chickens head to the face mask and the body to the neck socket. That way there is some more head movement possible, because the body turns a bit together with the head. This one also has toes on the feet. I used the handcuffed action before the walks, so his arms are beside his body.

P.S. I don't know if this technique is known here, but I've used a slow motion on the end in this video. You can easily do that by copying and pasting the png's of the frames you want slowed down. Here I've pasted it twice for even more slowing down, so you can have a better look at the chicken.

-Ikes-

03/08/2016 20:07:16

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ikes,

you might get tired of hearing all the praise, but dang! THIS IS AWESOME!!

GREAT job on the modelling! And the way you implemented it this time has a lot of advantages: head movement is more flexible, and it looks more realistic. I love the clawed chicken feet in this adaptation!

And the movement looks so NATURAL! I've raised chickens in the past, and that's a good approximation of how chickens move!

Every time I think I know something, you ramp it up a couple levels! Thanks for sharing the knowledge that you have in abundance! I hope this version of your chicken makes it to the store... I'm sure a lot of us will buy it
edited by PatMarrNC on 03/08/2016
03/08/2016 20:10:06

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
This is even better than the first one! Keep up the brilliant work, Ikes!
03/08/2016 20:28:49

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
MrDrWho13 wrote:
This is even better than the first one! Keep up the brilliant work, Ikes!

Thanks a lot MrDrWho! I agree that this one came out better than the first one.
03/08/2016 20:37:31

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
you might get tired of hearing all the praise, but dang! THIS IS AWESOME!!

Thanks Pat!
My shoulder hurts from all the pats. What a coincidence with your name, haha.

This version is somewhat more in style with the muvizu characters I believe. They do indeed move quite natural, but that just turned out to be.
I have contacted support on making the model available to sell in the store, so it will be there in the coming time.

-Ikes-
edited by ikes on 03/08/2016
03/08/2016 20:38:04

BrianGray
BrianGray
Great work ikes !
The only way they could be better is with BBQ Sauce and Fries.

Brian
03/08/2016 21:05:14

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
WOW..good show ol chap, it seems you got it going buddy, really good work, you get a set in the store let me know, I'll buy a copy!
03/08/2016 23:37:00

Rocque
Rocque
I think even Col. Sanders would be interested in that chicken Ikes!! It is definitely something to crow about...oops did I just fowl up my post?

Thanks for sharing, and the slo mo tips are great, too.
03/08/2016 23:43:31

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
That's some good chicken wrangling Ikes, I like how the seam looks so clean between the top and bottom bits. Good feet too. I think if you used the Evil mood while moving it would make their legs even more chicken like (maybe).
03/08/2016 23:43:40

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Rocque wrote:
I think even Col. Sanders would be interested in that chicken Ikes!! It is definitely something to crow about...oops did I just fowl up my post?

ah, Rocque... your sense of humor is so delightful! And maybe a little bit goofy (in a good way) ;-)

Thanks for sharing, and the slo mo tips are great, too.

although, anybody using hit film (and most other video editors) can slow down (or speed up) scenes in that environment too... and usually with parametric control of everything.
04/08/2016 00:08:14

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
although, anybody using hit film (and most other video editors) can slow down (or speed up) scenes in that environment too... and usually with parametric control of everything.

I'm not sure the effect is the same. What I saw in hitfilm if I slowed down the speed, you get kind of blurry overlapping images, because it's missing frames. If you duplicate the actual frames it runs smoother in my opinion. Or I must be doing something wrong in hitfilm.
04/08/2016 00:10:21

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
clayster2012 wrote:
WOW..good show ol chap, it seems you got it going buddy, really good work, you get a set in the store let me know, I'll buy a copy!

Thanks Clay! I will definitely let it know.
pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Chicken test from Sinister