Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
04/11/2016 16:37:52

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
I figured that we need a coming soon Topic for the store, so people can tell about their ideas, so I'll start first!

In my last post in the New in the muvizu store I mentioned my Idea for 3d City Backdrops, well I been working hard to keep them low poly so there wouldn't be any slow down or lag when working on scene sets, I created this small scene with everything that I had made and a few muvizu items to test the speed, and so for there are no slow downs at all, but I'm still going to add to the scene with more creations to see if it slows down any, here's a couple of pictures to see what I'm trying to do.

a sidewalk view with a character walking in front of the stores.

As you can see I'm trying to bring a new look to muvizu with more detailed scenes without the crawling movements when your trying to work on new scenes, with the 3d city backdrops I had to divide them into smaller sections so scaling larger would be possible but they go together easily to make bigger backdrops, the smaller building and side walks are single objects that can be placed in front of the backdrops, that way you can place them in any order you want, so I guess this will be a complete city construction kit the way it's starting to look, may have to change the name...lol!

so feel free to tell me what you think about this project, would be something you would like to see in the store?

I definitely like what you are working on Clayster. Is there any way you could make a city in winter? Christmas is coming, and you never know I might get a Christmas video. We will see.
04/11/2016 16:57:51

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Looks good! (And +1 to Christmas scenes )
05/11/2016 03:02:40

tonyob67
tonyob67
They look great, a different and more realistic appearance, I like a lot, and the fact that they are backdrops so you can build your own city is great....
05/11/2016 09:02:51

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Clayster, no hype, you are doing such amazing things with Muvizu design I wish the company would just hire you already. I mean, wow! Who knew stuff like this even COULD be done low-poly with Muvizu?

Pardon my ignorance here, but would it be possible to set up the store signs or store windows so we could load in our own flat images? That way the stores could be selling anything, or we could load in images of shattered windows for a skid row/post-apocalypse look.
06/11/2016 04:14:06

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
I suspect this set will get used a LOT. If people have the option to use a low-poly city set that looks this good, I think they'll jump on it. Maybe you could "re-skin" it for later releases, and make a futuristic city or a bombed-out city or whatever.
06/11/2016 15:27:01

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
Ok I decided to work on a couple of vehicles, two moving trucks that I tried to keep the poly count low, but adding more 3d details for making it possible to put drivers inside may bring the poly count up a little, but still I think they fit the muvizu style perfect!

The trucks are so cartoonish!! I am not sure if cartoonish is a word, but I made it one. I think they are really fun, and the characters look good in them.
edited by Rocque on 06/11/2016
06/11/2016 15:47:18

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
Thanks Rocque, cartoonist is the style I'm shooting for with whole set, I'm making more cars later, it seems that my 3d city backdrops is turning into a city set,may have to Chang the name.

Keep doing what you are doing Clayster because it all looks great.
06/11/2016 16:11:30

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
clayster2012 wrote:
Also trying to introduce a new traffic system to muvizu, I want to make it where the lights can blink and change colors with my traffic lights like the ones that comes with muvizu, but Im not sure how it's done, don't mean to sound like a noob, but can someone shed some light on to do that?
edited by clayster2012 on 06/11/2016

I don't know how you'd do it automatically, but it is doable manually. As long as each light has it's own texture, you can animate the Object Properties in Muvizu, set that light's texture to animated, then you can swap out a dark light/bright light picture on demand to fake the lights.
06/11/2016 16:20:55

MrDrWho13
clayster2012 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
I don't know how you'd do it automatically, but it is doable manually. As long as each light has it's own texture, you can animate the Object Properties in Muvizu, set that light's texture to animated, then you can swap out a dark light/bright light picture on demand to fake the lights.

Thanks Ziggy,yea I figured that rout, I just wanted it outomatic so everyone could see that it's animated the way mucous did.

If it's an image texture, you could make 3 AVI clips which last the same period of time and create the correct sequence.
06/11/2016 16:30:55

MrDrWho13
clayster2012 wrote:
What I mean is, you know how you load one of the scifi objects like the control panel that has the blinking lights,their already animated as soon as you add them to the scene,thats what I'm shooting for!

I don't think you can do it the same way as Muvizu's assets, but using a flashing avi texture should do the trick. (No need to animate it manually later). You could use both this and the manual controls in "direct object properties" if you wanted the lights to change at specific times.
06/11/2016 16:37:12

MrDrWho13
clayster2012 wrote:
Yes I already got that method worked in,I was trying do it that way to keep file size down,so I may or may not use that method, maybe just go with direct properties.

That's a good point. Is it possible to use a 1x1pixel avi? I might try that out later if I have time.
07/11/2016 12:43:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
useful stuff, clayster! Considering the fact that most people who
are using muvizu DON'T have top of the line gaming computers, low
poly items with detailed textures make a lot of sense for store items.

People might tolerate a set that takes forever to load if they get
it for free, but if you ask for money, people expect a hassle-free
product.

even a simple box with a skin works better in 3D than a 2D graphic
on a backdrop, so its an idea that most users can live with
07/11/2016 15:11:36

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Each set will be setup in small scenes to give everyone an idea how it can be used in a scene,also once they bought every set I will make the test set avalibe for free,only if they won't to wait for it to load up,right now it only takes 30 seconds on my PC to load up and I even tested it on my cheap dell laptop and it took about a minute and a half so for,and the movement is still at normal speed showing no lag.
edited by clayster2012 on 07/11/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 07/11/2016
08/11/2016 10:39:48

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Love the city set, that's really cool!
10/11/2016 05:18:24

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Update on the 3d City backdrops, in the last post I mentioned that I was going to keep adding other props and low poly buildings to this city set that I'm putting together to keep testing speed and for lag, well so for so good, I added more buildings and cars to the set and it still runs at normal speed, it does take a little longer to load but after that there's no lag and everything runs smooth, this time it took 2 minutes to load, here's an update picture of the city so for, keep in mind that this is just a test set and will not be the release set for the 3d city backdrops, they will be uploaded in a set of their own.

all of the other stuff will be posted to the store through out this project, some will be free so keep an eye out!
10/11/2016 05:48:06

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
That is looking so good....
10/11/2016 05:51:49

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks ukBerty, I'll be adding more updates later, just showing how using 3D City Backdrops instead of plain 2D makes a city scene more realistic.
10/11/2016 06:09:54

tonyob67
tonyob67
I wan't that City!!!, great work
10/11/2016 06:19:18

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks tonyo67, it' really a city block using the 3d City backdrops to simulate a city surrounding, great effect for those city scene right?!
10/11/2016 10:38:52

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Hi Clay,

Your city looks really great, but I can't help noticing it looks very similar to this 3d parking game. Are those the same models as this game and if so, can you use that to sell the models? Or are you using it as inspiration?

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store