Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
14/11/2016 05:09:20

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Hi

This week will be available on store my latest island Set.
The Set includes an island, a house, multiple sea square blocks with two texture layers for bottom sea and surface, some rocks and a tropical plant. Seashore waves work on an independent ASE model because FBX doesn´t allow opacity mask needed to run an RGBA movie.
Island and Seashore work together one above the other. The texture video running on seashore model use the alfa channel allowing to see the sand beneath. Infortunately ASE files doesn't allow the use of opacity control bar like FBX does. Anyway you can produce similar videos with different transparency levels and put them on this model set.
Sea blocks have an opacity bar control to change the water transparency.

14/11/2016 05:15:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Rod, you have achieved an amazing wave simulation ! I'm very impressed! Can't wait to study your set to see if I can figure out what you did and how you did it!
14/11/2016 05:46:18

tonyob67
tonyob67
Just AMAZING Rod...Thank you for sharing your art
14/11/2016 09:21:15

primaveranz
primaveranz
PatMarrNC wrote:
I did some experimenting with ASE transparency in the week just before Ikes helped me figure out how to get transparency working in FBX files.

Hi Pat,

Can you give me a link to the thread where you explained how you got an FBX with a transparency to work? I have never found a solution to the problem that an imported FBX does not allow me to choose a texture but only a colour and that anyway you cannot define it as two-sided during the import process.
An .ASE file will work (sort of) e.g. if you have two materials in your model, one is transparent, one is not, and you choose "Map Alpha to Opacity and Opacity Mask". E.g. if you create a box with a window in the top it will appear fine but the shadow underneath it will have a hole in it opposite the window.

Cheers.
14/11/2016 11:09:40

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
primaveranz wrote:
Can you give me a link to the thread where you explained how you got an FBX with a transparency to work?

Hi,

I think you mean this link.

http://muvizu.com/forum/topic5972-transparent-materials-in-fbx-files.aspx

-Ikes-
14/11/2016 12:06:43

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Very nice waves and island Rod and thanks for sharing it with the rest!
14/11/2016 12:21:43

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
Looks special Rod.....we should have a SET of the month and year awards.This would get my vote Cool
14/11/2016 14:41:04

Rocque
Rocque
I luv de island mon! Many tanks for dees, it is da kine primo mo betta.
I open a pineapple in your honor.

Translation: Excellent island and water. I want to live there.
14/11/2016 15:25:43

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
drewi wrote:
Looks special Rod.....we should have a SET of the month and year awards.This would get my vote Cool

Mine too! And that's a cool idea Drewi! We'd probably have to do it as a "peoples' choice" award with no prize... but in a way, the comments people make under each store item already do a pretty good job of expressing how well a set pleases the user community. I'm sure Rod will get a LOT of positive comments in the download page for this one!

What we're seeing here is evidence that this is an active/interactive/inspiring forum. When people start to inspire one another with fresh ideas, and then somebody takes the idea to a new place and the cycle of creativity repeats.. I see so much of that in this group!

What's really impressive is that it happens organically, without the nasty competitive overtones you see on many other creative forums. You don't see people here saying "HEY ! YOU STOLE MY IDEA!" Instead you see an idea, and the next day somebody changes it a little and says "you can do this too..." and on it goes, with everybody benefiting from the stream of cool accessories showing up in the store.

Rod.. AWESOME idea, and so well executed! Stuff like this hilights what Muvizu CAN do when the people who use it think outside the box.
14/11/2016 15:35:52

drewi

hi rod .....I'm getting this black area on my beach ...could be an oil spill.Any one else?....do i have to adjust anything to get rid of it?
14/11/2016 15:43:26

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I have never found a solution to the problem that an imported FBX does not allow me to choose a texture but only a colour

In my experiments, Muvizu only lets you choose a texture if the original material was applied from a file (not from a color table)

To make this easier on myself, in my C:\UT3\ directory where the toto.bmp file is stored I also put a file for a lot of other commonly used colors (same 256x256 size).
C:\ut3\red.jpg
C:\ut3\blue.jpg
C:\ut3\green.jpg
C:\ut3\yellow.jpg
C:\ut3\cyan.jpg
C:\ut3\grey.jpg
C:\ut3\white.jpg
C:\ut3\black.jpg etc etc

Then when I make my models, I always select colors stored in C:\UT3... because they force the inclusion of a filepath, Muvizu considers it to be a texture, and will therefore let you replace it with another texture later.

-------update-------

another way to see if you will be able to pick a texture later is by looking at your material file before you create the FBX. (The material file is the .MTL file that accompanies the OBJ file)

Here are two material definitions. The first one will NOT let you select a texture, but the second one will... and the reason is because the second material has a file name, while the first material is defined by RGB values

newmtl blue
Ka 0.8 0.8 0.8
Kd 0 0 1
Ks 0 0 0
Ns 64 <--- lack of a filename means this material can only be replaced by a color

newmtl banjo
Ka 0.611765 0.611765 0.611765
Kd 1 1 1
Ks 1 1 1
Ns 0
map_Kd /home/pat/Pictures/BANJO.png <--- filename is what tells Muvizu this is a texture

-----------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 14/11/2016
14/11/2016 15:58:49

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
drewi wrote:

hi rod .....I'm getting this black area on my beach ...could be an oil spill.Any one else?....do i have to adjust anything to get rid of it?

Hi Drewi,

This has to do with a setting in the ini file under: ...\MuvizuGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

change m_bStripVideoAlpha from true to false, that should do it.
14/11/2016 16:09:00

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatMarrNC wrote:
I have never found a solution to the problem that an imported FBX does not allow me to choose a texture but only a colour

In my experiments, Muvizu only lets you choose a texture if the original material was applied from a file (not from a color table)

To make this easier on myself, in my C:\UT3\ directory where the toto.bmp file is stored I also put a file for a lot of other commonly used colors (same 256x256 size).
C:\ut3\red.jpg
C:\ut3\blue.jpg
C:\ut3\green.jpg
C:\ut3\yellow.jpg
C:\ut3\cyan.jpg
C:\ut3\grey.jpg
C:\ut3\white.jpg
C:\ut3\black.jpg etc etc

Then when I make my models, I always select colors stored in C:\UT3... because they force the inclusion of a filepath, Muvizu considers it to be a texture, and will therefore let you replace it with another texture later.

-------update-------

another way to see if you will be able to pick a texture later is by looking at your material file before you create the FBX. (The material file is the .MTL file that accompanies the OBJ file)

Here are two material definitions. The first one will NOT let you select a texture, but the second one will... and the reason is because the second material has a file name, while the first material is defined by RGB values

newmtl blue
Ka 0.8 0.8 0.8
Kd 0 0 1
Ks 0 0 0
Ns 64 <--- lack of a filename means this material can only be replaced by a color

newmtl banjo
Ka 0.611765 0.611765 0.611765
Kd 1 1 1
Ks 1 1 1
Ns 0
map_Kd /home/pat/Pictures/BANJO.png <--- filename is what tells Muvizu this is a texture

-----------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 14/11/2016

If you have a copy of 3dexchange from reallussion you can set all this there and export it and it will work inside muvizu perfectly. You dont need to mess with the files.

You can also do most of this work inside blender.

This info is inside the wiki.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/125

This site also has the tools you need https://clara.io/
edited by urbanlamb on 14/11/2016
14/11/2016 16:38:40

tonyob67
tonyob67
Rocque wrote:
I luv de island mon! Many tanks for dees, it is da kine primo mo betta.
I open a pineapple in your honor.

Translation: Excellent island and water. I want to live there.

Hahaha That looks like my writing style
14/11/2016 16:38:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ikes wrote:
drewi wrote:

Hi Drewi,

This has to do with a setting in the ini file under: ...\MuvizuGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

change m_bStripVideoAlpha from true to false, that should do it.

it may be worth mentioning that this same edit needs to be made after every new release, so you might want to make a note somewhere. Better yet, it would be cool if Muvizu made this setting the default so our edit doesn't get overwritten by the current default
14/11/2016 17:13:29

tonyob67
tonyob67
drewi wrote:

The same happens to me...
14/11/2016 17:43:05

drewi
Cheers Ikes...
Tony, see Ikes solution above.
14/11/2016 18:00:14

Rodrisilva
tonyob67 wrote:
drewi wrote:

The same happens to me...

Sorry my friends

I never remember that Muvizu issue. In every version I always update xml file without thinking on consequences.
Anyway, changing it is very simple.... MuvizuGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini
Hope you'll get it
14/11/2016 18:08:04

Rodrisilva
Guys, from now you can use transparent backdrops too without the unwanted black.
14/11/2016 19:46:41

primaveranz
primaveranz
ikes wrote:

Thanks Ikes. I hope the new Voxelise modelling software Digimania have just announced will make life easier
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store