Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is it possible to make a game using Muvizu?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/11/2016 11:40:49

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
I know this is probably a long shot, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

This weekend the indie game Gone Home was available for free download, and I loved it. (It really is as good as everybody said!) It inspired me to try making my own game, something 3D but relatively simple. I've been working with Muvizu for a while, and a set-up like this is exactly the kind of thing I'd want to use to make a game! Something where there are a whole lot of pre-existing assets but you can also mod things a lot, something with pre-made animations, something where you can design environments by just adding in walls and changing textures. No coding, no futzing around with math!

If a game could be made with Muvizu, somebody probably would've done it by now. But it's such an enticing possibility, I can't help hoping. Failing that, can anybody recommend a nice, simple program for making 3D games? Ideally something where you can sell your finished work, but that's not a deal-breaker.
17/11/2016 11:47:26

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Muvizu is very restricted and you couldn't make a game with it unless you completely ripped out the Muvizu part and just used the Unreal 3 engine underneath. With that in mind, you may want to look into using Unreal 4 or Unity to make a game. (You'll likely need to do some programming though)
I believe Ziggy linked a video here before about how easy it was to buy cheap assets and import them into Unreal 4, creating a game with some very quick simple code.
17/11/2016 13:31:05

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I sure did Doc : http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic6017-making-your-own-game-is-impossible-not.aspx

You might also want to look at GameMaker Mindi : http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker
edited by ziggy72 on 17/11/2016
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Is it possible to make a game using Muvizu?