Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? New release update: Static lighting and OBJ import

pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/12/2016 15:55:33

MuvizuTeam
MuvizuTeam
There have been a number of conversations on the forum regarding the performance of Muvizu compared to the Unreal Engine it is based on.

For those that don't know, a lot of the difference in performance is because game levels use static lighting.

Static lighting is where any objects and lights that do not move have their lighting calculated before the game is started. In these cases “light maps” and “shadows maps” are pre-calculated and saved with the level. When pre-calculating lighting, more sophisticated rendering can be used, and this allows effects like global illumination.

This latest version of Muvizu has an option to allow the user to create static lighting for their scene. Creating static lighting can take a long time to calculate, but it should significantly increase performance in the final scene. The length of time taken will depend on the complexity of your scene. Once lighting is built, the lights in the scene are no longer calculated for the static objects.

You can, of course, also switch back to dynamic lighting if you prefer, and by default, scenes will be dynamically lit.

OBJ importing

The OBJ format is one of the most common 3D object file formats. We have now added support for these files.

Both of these features are available in Muvizu Play. Enjoy!
13/12/2016 16:37:21

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
obj..wow!
i'm waiting for it to download...the issue of collision crossed my mind...and will materials and transparency and normal maps and and and.......
edited by drewi on 13/12/2016
13/12/2016 18:08:43

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
WHAT??? SUPPORT FOR .OBJ FILE FORMAT???? That is HUGE!!

If this works as I hope it does, you've just effectively eliminated one of the biggest obstacles to getting objects into Muvizu!

The static lighting sounds interesting too! Sounds like y'all have been BUSY at Muvizu ! Thanks!
13/12/2016 19:08:35

tonyob67
tonyob67
MuvizuTeam wrote:
There have been a number of conversations on the forum regarding the performance of Muvizu compared to the Unreal Engine it is based on.

For those that don't know, a lot of the difference in performance is because game levels use static lighting.

Static lighting is where any objects and lights that do not move have their lighting calculated before the game is started. In these cases “light maps” and “shadows maps” are pre-calculated and saved with the level. When pre-calculating lighting, more sophisticated rendering can be used, and this allows effects like global illumination.

This latest version of Muvizu has an option to allow the user to create static lighting for their scene. Creating static lighting can take a long time to calculate, but it should significantly increase performance in the final scene. The length of time taken will depend on the complexity of your scene. Once lighting is built, the lights in the scene are no longer calculated for the static objects.

You can, of course, also switch back to dynamic lighting if you prefer, and by default, scenes will be dynamically lit.

OBJ importing

The OBJ format is one of the most common 3D object file formats. We have now added support for these files.

Hi,Is there a way to implement the movement directing of grouped objects?
And also characters?, that really help a lot.

Thank you
13/12/2016 19:45:02

brunosartori
brunosartori
How do I create static lighting ?
I did not find this option in the new version of the program.
Can someone help me?
13/12/2016 19:47:12

brunosartori
brunosartori
tonyob67 wrote:

Thank you

It is true. I really miss being able to move groups and also be able to create groups between objects and characters
13/12/2016 20:01:42

tonyob67
tonyob67
tonyob67 wrote:
MuvizuTeam wrote:

OBJ importing

Thank you

What I meant with character movement is with the key frame, without walking, so I can move a character along with a motorcycle or a car for example...Thank you
13/12/2016 23:09:47

primaveranz
primaveranz
Probably best to start another thread about grouping. This one is about the new features.
13/12/2016 23:45:01

tonyob67
tonyob67
primaveranz wrote:
Probably best to start another thread about grouping. This one is about the new features.

My intention is not to start a thread, it's just a request that I make to the muvizu team
13/12/2016 23:48:49

primaveranz
primaveranz
Fair enough, but this is the place to do that :- http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/forum135-feedback.aspx
If people go off at tangents in threads the real message gets hard to follow.
14/12/2016 03:01:54

tonyob67
tonyob67
Believe me that I have already tried to ask questions there,
and they did not even answer me, that is why I try to ask this question here.
Since I am in the forum, I have only seen that they respond to the moguls,
and a person who wanted to invest a lot of money in muvizu, but thanks any way

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5909-spanish-forum.aspx
14/12/2016 05:21:45

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Has anybody successfully imported an OBJ file yet? Every time I try, I get this error. First time I hadn't added any collision... next several times I did exactly what works when I export an OBJ for conversion to FBX (which works) in the FBX, but not for the same OBJ before I convert it to FBX

edited by PatMarrNC on 14/12/2016
14/12/2016 07:03:35

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
The OBJ does not work correctly with me, I've tried 3 models. There are no textures that are assigned in the modeller. They cast no shadow and you can't select an object by clicking on it. Also when you build static light, it meshes up the textures on the OBJ.
14/12/2016 09:29:34

JamieExperimental userMuvizu staff
Jamie
Can you send me your obj files (and the texture files that go with it). I'll have a look at what is going on.
14/12/2016 10:32:30

Anticip
Anticip
Hey ! I have a good internet connection but the update seems to take forever, it's already been 2 hours and the progress bar seems stuck at 75%. Is it really big and long for everybody ? Should I wait or force cancel ?

Thanks a lot.
14/12/2016 10:55:46

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Anticip wrote:
Hey ! I have a good internet connection but the update seems to take forever, it's already been 2 hours and the progress bar seems stuck at 75%. Is it really big and long for everybody ? Should I wait or force cancel ?

Thanks a lot.

Have you tried downloading it from the main site? http://www.muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu
What's your internet speed? (You can check at http://www.speedtest.net/ )
edited by MrDrWho13 on 14/12/2016
14/12/2016 11:04:40

Anticip
Anticip
I am gonna try that yeah. I've got 12,95 Mb/s download speed so I think it's should be more than enough. I'll cancel the download and go through site directly
14/12/2016 11:06:59

MrDrWho13
Anticip wrote:
I am gonna try that yeah. I've got 12,95 Mb/s download speed so I think it's should be more than enough. I'll cancel the download and go through site directly

Yeah it should only take a few minutes to download. It's best to install the new version separately anyway because there may be bugs.
14/12/2016 11:28:30

MrDrWho13
Am I using this static lighting right? It seems to be making these Dalek models look very strange.
14/12/2016 15:15:09

SuperStarvingWriter
SuperStarvingWriter
I just tried using the OBJ import feature. It works but I can't select the model to move it around freely. I see my problem was also brought up in a previous post, but I thought I'd mention it here as well.
pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? New release update: Static lighting and OBJ import